Many people struggle with getting up on time in the morning. Whether you get a good night of sleep or not, you most likely have obligations that require you to get up a certain hour.
Many people choose to use their phone as an alarm clock but they are always reliable. Using an alarm clock is a much better option to ensure that you always get up on time. Plus, an alarm clock radio can also function as a radio when you want to listen to your local radio stations.
An alarm clock radio has several functions that make it better for getting you up in the morning compared to your cell phone. Most alarm clock radios are designed to plug into the wall for power and they usually have a backup battery.
This means you never have to worry about your alarm not going off because it doesn’t have power or has a dead battery. There are several options when it comes to choosing an alarm clock radio. Most are affordable and they’re very easy to operate. The following is a list of the 10 best alarm clock radios based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B07KXN3D67,B00X69BUSI,B07FNC6N1L,B07FN8HL5S,B00IEYHMIM,B003WGRUQQ,B07JPM1TX6,B07F1P2B3V,B07L87MH64,B0787W458R” /]
10. Sunrise Alarm Clock for Kids
The Sunrise alarm clock is designed to be used in a child’s room. This alarm clock has a digital LED readout that makes it easy to see the time. It functions as a clock and also has an FM radio and a nightlight to help children feel safe while falling asleep.
This alarm clock from TITIROBA has a light that gradually increases over a 10-60 minute period before the alarm time. This unique design helps make it easier to get up in the morning as the light simulates a real sunrise.
- has 7 natural sounds to choose from
- has the option for two different alarms
- snooze button makes it easy to go back to sleep if desired
- natural-looking light helps the body wake up gradually
- works well for children and adults
- includes a USB charging port
- you can’t choose specific days for the separate alarms
- nature sounds make not be enough to wake up extremely heavy sleepers
This alarm clock has a light that comes on gradually in the morning to simulate the sunrise. It also has a feature that you can use at night that simulates the sunset which can help you fall asleep. It has several sound options and includes 2 alarm features.
9. iHome iBT29BC Bluetooth Color Changing Dual Alarm Clock FM Radio
The iHome iBT29BC Bluetooth Color Changing alarm clock radio allows you to connect to your compatible device with a Bluetooth connection. This gives you the option to use a customized alarm sound. You can also wake up to the sound of the radio or one of the built-in options.
This alarm clock radio from iHome can stream music from your connected device. It also has speakerphone option to allow you to take calls easily. This unit is small and can be used on a bedside table or on your desk.
- has 5 different color change options
- can be used with a Bluetooth connection
- it’s compatible with many different mobile devices
- gives you plenty of customization options with colors and sounds
- unit is easy to control
- has a USB charger to keep your phone charged
- speaker on the unit is not the best quality
- buttons may be hard to read, especially at night
This small alarm clock from iHome can connect to your compatible device using a Bluetooth connection. The device has a color changing feature with 5 color options. I plays music through the radio or from your connected device.
8. DreamSky Compact Digital Alarm Clock – White Display
The DreamSky Compact Digital Alarm Clock comes equipped with a USB port so you can use it to charge your cell phone. This clock is a budget-friendly option that won’t take up much space on your bedside table or desk.
This clock radio from DreamSky has a bold display that shows you the time clearly, even from across the room. The unit has a dimmer so you can adjust the brightness to prevent it from interfering with your sleep during the night.
- comes in several different color options
- has a jumbo LED display
- includes a 9 minute snooze option
- alarm is easy to set
- plugs into wall and also has a backup battery
- adjustable alarm volume allows you to choose the best volume for your needs
- alarm sound cannot be adjusted to a different type of sound
- backup battery doesn’t actually power the clock but only remembers the time
This small alarm clock from DreamSky is ideal for anyone looking for a simple and dependable alarm clock. The unit has an adjustable volume for the alarm sound. It also allows you to adjust the brightness for the large LED display.
7. DreamSky Compact Digital Alarm Clock with USB Port for Charging – Red Display
The DreamSky Compact Digital alarm clock with red display includes a USB charging port that is compatible with most tablets and smart phones. This unit has a compact size so it won’t take up much space.
This alarm clock from DreamSky has a large LED display that’s red in color so you can easily see it from across the room. The clock allows you to adjust the brightness of the display so you can sleep comfortably without being disturbed by the light.
- can charge a USB device
- has volume adjustment for alarm sound
- compact size is ideal for use on a nightstand or desk
- controls are simple to use
- alarm can be easily turned off for the weekend
- only offers one alarm sound option
- the backup battery function doesn’t power the clock but only keeps the time
This small alarm clock is designed with a large LED display so you can see it from many angles and from across the room. The unit has a standard alarm beep that can be adjusted so the volume suits your personal needs for waking up.
6. Sony ICFC-1 Alarm Clock Radio LED Black
The Sony Alarm Clock Radio comes in a neutral black or white color option. This clock is affordable and functional. It features 100 mW of power output and has a bright display that you can see with little effort, even when waking up from a deep sleep.
This alarm clock from Sony is ideal for anyone seeking a simple clock that does the basics. It has a radio function that allows you to fall asleep with the music playing. You can set the sleep function to turn the radio off after the desired time.
- equipped with daylight savings time adjustment
- has a control to adjust the brightness
- option to wake to a buzzer, the radio, or a gradual wake alarm
- simple buttons make it easy to use
- small in size so it doesn’t take up much space
- backup battery keeps the clock working in a power outage
- clock makes a low humming noise even when the radio is off
- can’t run on batteries alone
This small clock radio from Sony is designed to provide you with three wake up sound options. The brightness of the display can be adjusted so as not to disturb your sleep. You can also listen to your favorite radio station as you fall asleep.
5. Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
The Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock includes an AM/FM radio. This clock radio is designed to project the time onto your walls or ceiling so you can easily see the time from all areas of the room. It can also project the temperature.
This alarm clock from Electrohome has an AUX input that allows you to connect your compatible tablet or smart phone so you can listen to your favorite music. This unit has advanced technology that automatically sets the correct time.
- restores alarm settings after power loss
- automatically adjusts to daylight savings time
- has 180-degree swivel projection
- projections means you can see the time from all angles
- allows you to listen to the radio or music from your compatible device
- has a large blue display
- projection may not be bright enough for larger rooms
- speaker on the clock isn’t the best quality
This alarm clock from Electrohome has a projector so that you can see the time projected onto the wall or ceiling. This unit has an AUX connection so you can connect your phone, tablet, or other compatible device. It also has the option to listen to the AM/FM radio.
4. ANJANK Small Alarm Clock Radio with FM Radio
The ANJANK Small Alarm Clock Radio has many unique features that make it highly functional as more than just an alarm clock. It has a large snooze button on the top that’s easy to reach if you need to get a few more minutes of sleep.
This alarm clock is small and it doesn’t require a lot of space on your bedside table. It has a sleep timer that allows you to set the sleep function for anywhere from 10 to 120 minutes so you can fall asleep to the sound of your favorite radio station.
- dual USB charger ports
- has 5 different brightness levels
- includes 7 different alarm sounds
- unit is very small
- has the option to connect headphones
- includes a temperature display
- backup battery keeps time but doesn’t run the clock in case of power outage
- even at lowest brightness it may be too bright for some people
This small alarm clock from ANJANK allows you to adjust the brightness of the display and the volume of the alarm. You can listen to the radio with this unit and can also plug in headphones if desired. The clock features two USB charging ports for a phone or tablet.
3. Rocam Digital Alarm Clock for Bedrooms
The Rocam Digital Alarm clock is perfect for bedroom use. This clock is small enough that it won’t take up much space on your bedside table or nightstand. It includes a backup battery that will keep the time accurate in case of a power outage.
This alarm clock includes a USB charging port so you can charge your mobile device easily. This alarm is ideal for kids or adults. It can also be used by heavy sleepers to help ensure you wake up on time each morning.
- has a large snooze button that’s easy to reach
- dual charging ports lets you charge 2 USB devices at once
- buttons are simple and alarm is easy to set
- you can adjust the brightness of the display
- large display is easy to read from around the room
- the alarm volume can be adjusted
- backup battery keeps time but doesn’t power the clock during a power outage
- dimmer is not easy to adjust to a mid-level setting
This alarm clock from Rocam is functional and easy to use. It has simple buttons and controls that allow you to adjust the volume of the alarm, set the alarm, and push the snooze. It has several color options on the top light or you can simply turn the light off if you want to sleep in darkness.
2. Wake- Up Light, LBell Alarm Clock
The wake-up light and alarm clock from LBell features a colored sunrise stimulation feature. This feature helps you wake up gradually which can be beneficial for many people. It also means you don’t have to wake suddenly from a startling alarm sound.
This alarm clock from LBell has a variety of alarm sounds to choose from. You can also listen to the FM radio or use it as your alarm. This clock is easy to use and it’s ideal for children to help them fall asleep and wake up on time.
- has 7 natural sounds
- sunrise stimulation has 8 functions
- simulate sunset at night time to help you fall asleep
- snooze button lets you sleep longer
- radio feature can save up to 40 of your favorite stations
- has 2 different alarms
- brightness during simulated sunrise may be too bright for some people
- FM radio is not the best quality
This alarm clock radio from LBell has a simulated sunset to help you fall asleep and a simulated sunrise to help you wake up gradually. The clock features 7 different alarm sounds to choose from. It also has an FM radio that allows you to listen to your favorite stations.
1. DreamSky Decent Alarm Clock Radio
The DreamSky Decent Alarm Clock Radio has an FM radio so you can listen to music as you fall asleep or use your favorite radio station as your alarm sound. This unit also has an adjustable volume for the alarm so you can choose the option you need to wake up on time.
This alarm clock radio from DreamSky is small so it doesn’t require a lot of space. It has a 4″ LCD screen that helps you see the time from across the room if needed. The clock also has a USB charging port so you can charge your phone or other device.
- large snooze button makes it easy to go back to sleep
- blue digital display can be dimmed
- shows the indoor temperature on the display
- buttons are simple and alarms are easy to set
- speaker is loud and can be easily adjusted for volume
- alarm begins quietly and gradually increases in volume
- radio may not get good reception without adjusting the included antenna
- display may be too bright even on the lowest setting
This clock radio from DreamSky is compact and functional. It has an FM radio and includes a wire antenna so you can adjust it to get your local radio stations. The clock allows you to adjust the brightness of the display and the volume for the alarm.
An alarm clock radio can be a better option for waking in the morning when compared to using your cell phone alarm. These alarms tend to be more reliable and they can also function as more than just an alarm clock.
Some have different colored lights that can be used to help you go to sleep or wake up on time in the morning. A gradual waking feature that simulates the sunrise is also an optional feature that can work well for those who prefer to wake up gradual.
You may also want to consider purchasing a clock that has different types of alarm sounds so you can find one that works well for you. By reading online reviews from other consumers you can find an alarm clock radio that works well and is worth the money you want to spend on it.