Keeping your home clean can be challenging with all the other things you have to do each day. This can be especially true when it comes to cleaning your floors. Keeping your floors clean can be a lot of work with standard vacuum cleaners, but there are better options out there, like central vacuums, to help you have clean floors.
A central vacuum system is ideal for large homes or homes with more than one level. These systems are easy to use and give you access to a powerful vacuum cleaner without lugging the unit all around the house. The following is a list of the 10 best central vacuums based on reviews by consumer report.
[amazon box=”B0182WW6EU,B011CGRZHG,B07CPYPDZ1,B00LOTAT9S,B07CRXMD7L,B007TKVUS0,B00O4GU29U,B0170CFVQI,B00EV5AF9G,B074KQ54LM” /]
10. VacuMaid S2400 Cyclonic Power Unit
The VacuMaid S2400 Cyclonic Power Unit is a powerful central vacuum that can be used at home or in a commercial setting. It has a durable design that can last through many years of heavy duty usage.
This central vacuum unit from VacuMaid is a great option for those who suffer from allergies related to dust, dander, and other airborne contaminants. It works well to remove most allergens from your home for better air quality.
- doesn’t have messy filters that need to be cleaned
- has 631 maximum air watts for effective cleaning
- designed for use in homes up to 10,000 square feet in size
- can be used in large spaces
- provides virtually 100% sustained cleaning power
- features a bypass motor that has powerful suction
- unit it large and requires a bid space for installation
- price is higher than some other central vacuum cleaning units
This central vacuum from VacuMaid has a powerful motor that cleans up everyday messes easily. It’s ideal for use in spaces up to 10,000 square feet in size. It allows you to use a can liner which makes disposing of dirt and debris a mess-free process.
9. PP500 PurePower 500 Air Watts Central Vacuum System
The PP500 PurePower central vacuum system is perfect for homes and businesses with a square footage under 4,000 square feet. This unit is powerful and designed to last through many years of use.
This central vacuum power unit is compatible with many accessories and hoses that can be purchased separately. You can use disposable debris bags that hold up to 6 gallons of dirt, which means you don’t have to empty the unit frequently.
- bag only needs to be emptied every 6 months on average
- sound is around 70 dB so you don’t need a muffler
- includes a wall-mount bracket for easy installation
- unit weighs only 22 pounds
- can be installed quickly and easily
- includes a 6 foot power cord
- accessories and hoses need to be purchased separately
- modifications may be needed if you’re replacing an older Nutone model with this one
8. VacuMaid BL54 Black Label Permanent Inverted Bag Central Vacuum
The VacuMaid BL54 Black Label Permanent Inverted Bag Central Vacuum is designed for use in large homes up to 10,000 square feet in size. This unit is also a good option for commercial use in smaller business spaces.
This central vacuum cleaner from VacuMaid features a powerful Ametek motor that provides you with strong suction for quick cleanup of large messes or everyday dirt.
- includes a 2 stage tangential bypass motor
- ideal for use in homes with pets and children
- removes dust, dander, and other allergens from your home
- has a maximum airwatts level of 631
- includes free lifetime technical support
- dust bin is easy to empty and allows you to use liners
- needs to be vented outside during installation
- this unit may require a professional for installation if you’re not experienced in this type of project
This central vacuum cleaning unit from VacuMaid features a patented air channel so you can use plastic can liners to make emptying the canister easier. It features cyclonic action to clean up dust, pet hair, and larger debris easily.
7. Allegro Central Vacuum
The Allegro Central Vacuum is powerful and versatile to be used in a commercial setting or residential setting. It has a large capacity dust bin so you don’t have to empty it as frequently as with many other vacuums.
This central vacuum unit from Allegro is durable with all-steel construction so it can last through many years of heavy duty usage. It comes with several accessories to help you clean all types of flooring.
- includes a 7 year warranty from the manufacturer
- comes with the installation kit with 3 white inlet valves
- powerful suction cleans hard floors, carpet, and area rugs
- has a 5 gallon collection tank capacity
- comes with a variety of accessories and attachments for cleaning different surfaces
- features 600 air watts of cleaning power
- unit may be loud depending on where you install it
- installation can be challenging if you don’t already have a central vacuum in place
This central vacuum cleaner from Allegro has a powerful motor that can pick up all types of debris. It includes a 30 foot hose along with vacuum attachments to help you clean wood floors, low pile carpets, stairs, and area rugs with ease.
6. OVO Large Capacity Hybrid 630 Air watts System Power Unit
The OVO Large Capacity Hybrid power unit includes an accessory pack with attachments to help you clean your space more effectively. This unit has a powerful 2-stage motor with a heavy-duty steel body.
This central vacuum system from OVO can be used in spaces up to 7,500 square feet in size. This unit features soft-start technology which extends the life of the motor for up to 20% longer than other brands.
- provides 630 air watts of cleaning power
- 3 second stop delay prevent debris from falling out of the hose back onto your floors
- includes a deluxe accessory kit for cleaning hard floors and tile
- uses top of the line filtration to clean efficiently
- motor has heat protection feature to prevent overheating
- air containment gaskets prevent loss of suction over time
- filter needs to be removed and washed in your washing machine
- doesn’t include everything needed for installation
This central vacuum unit from OVO is powerful but compact. It’s designed for use in homes with a square footage under 7,500 square feet. It comes with an accessory pack to make cleaning up easier.
5. Allegro MU4500 Champion
The Allegro MU4500 Champion Central Vacuum cleaning system is perfect for homes under 6,000 square feet in size. It’s made of durable materials and designed to hold up to every day usage in a home or commercial setting.
This vacuum cleaning system from Allegro is relatively easy to install, especially if you’re replacing an old central vacuum unit. It comes with a variety of attachments and accessories to increase the functionality of the vacuum system.
- all-steel construction is durable and long lasting
- includes a 2-stage premium blower motor for powerful suction
- collection capacity is 5 gallons
- vacuum is easy to use and designed to last through many years
- has a performance level of 600 air watts
- includes the complete system with main power units and accessories
- not ideal for spaces larger than 6000 square feet
- some installation pieces may need to be purchased separately
This central vacuum cleaning system from Allegro includes everything you need to get started with cleaning your floors efficiently. It comes with a 30 foot hose, the central power unit, and several attachments for cleaning all types of flooring.
4. Ultra Clean All Steel Canadian Made Top Quality Central Vacuum Power Unit
The Ultra Clean All Steel Canadian Made central vacuum power unit has been made for use in homes under 7500 square feet in size. This vacuum is powered by a premium series Ametek bypass blower motor that’s made in the USA.
This central vacuum unit from Ultra Clean has a superior filtration system that works hard to remove allergens and other airborne contaminants in your home. This helps reduce allergies and makes your air quality better.
- dirt can be collected in the filtration bag or the dirt bin
- includes a free exhaust muffler
- eco-friendly powder coat finish on outside of vacuum prevents rust and corrosion
- you can purchase HEPA filtration bags separately
- motor comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer
- includes a micro-fiber permanent filter to prolong the life of the motor
- doesn’t have as high of air wattage as other central vacuum units
- installation may be a challenge depending on the setup of your home
This central vacuum cleaner from Ultra Clean has powerful suction to clean your home quickly. It can be used in spaces up to 7500 square feet in size. The vacuum comes with an exhaust to be vented outside.
3. Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Unit
The Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Unit has a more compact design that many other units so it doesn’t require as much space for installation. This central vacuum is rated for use in a space up to 12,000 square feet in size.
This central vacuum system from Prolux is durable and designed to last for many years, even when used daily. It can be used in your home or in a place of business.
- includes accessories and attachments to help you clean most surface in your home
- considered one of the most powerful central vacuum units on the market
- comes with a 10 year motor warranty and 25 year body warranty from the manufacturer
- durable and dependable for long-term use
- included accessories allow you to clean rugs, carpet, hard floors, and upholstery
- comes with a 30 foot electric hose with 2 speed switch
- unit is heavy when compared to other central vacuums of a similar size
- installation instructions included with the unit can be challenging to understand and follow
This central vacuum unit from Prolux is one of the most highly rated and most powerful options available on the market. It includes tools and accessories to help you clean more efficiently. It’s designed for use in a space 7,500 square feet or smaller.
2. Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum Power Unit
The Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum Power Unit is made of durable materials and constructed in the USA. This central power unit is very powerful and has an air wattage of 740, which is higher than many other available options.
This central power unit vacuum cleaner includes the mounting hardware needed for installation. It has a large capacity dirt bin and comes with a paper bag that makes emptying the bin quick and easy.
- power unit comes with a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- unit has a CFM of 138
- dirt bin capacity is 6.25 gallons
- can hold more dirt and debris that other central vacuum units
- durable design can last for many years
- can be used in homes up to 7,500 square feet in size
- doesn’t include attachments, hoses, or accessories
- HEPA filters must be purchased separately for those concerned about allergens
This central vacuum power unit from Imperium has a compact design with a powerful motor. It comes with the hardware needed for installation and the unit is compatible with many hoses and accessories that can be purchased separately.
1. OVO Powerful Central Vacuum System
The OVO Powerful Central Vacuum System has a heavy duty design that can work for residential or commercial use. This vacuum unit has cutting edge technology and a powerful motor to clean your space efficiently and effectively.
This vacuum from OVO has a motor that operates quietly at only 65 dB. The body of the unit is made with heavy duty steel for long-term use, even if the unit is used everyday.
- designed to be used in a space up to 9,000 square feet
- has 700 air watts of cleaning power
- soft-stop delay vacuums debris from the hose to prevent messes when you turn the unit off
- features top of the line filtration
- durable motor can last up to 20% longer than comparable units
- LED indicator lets you know then the unit needs to be serviced
- doesn’t include hoses and accessories
- included filter needs to be removed and washed in your washing machine
This powerful central vacuum from OVO has a durable design with a motor that can last longer than other central vacuum motors. It’s designed to work effectively in spaces up to 9,000 square feet in size.
Central vacuum cleaning systems are ideal for those who do a lot of vacuuming, whether it’s in your home or a commercial location. Most of these systems are relatively easy to install but you may want to hire a professional for installation if you’re not experienced with the installation of these types of systems. They work well in large spaces or in homes with multiple levels since you don’t have to carry around your full size vacuum around the space you’re cleaning.
These units come in several styles and sizes so you can choose the one that best meets your needs. A central vacuum cleaning system may be more costly than a standard vacuum but most people feel that the money is well spent when you consider the convenience of having a central vacuum.
When purchasing the right central vacuum for your space you should consider the durability of the unit as well as how easy it is to empty the dirt bin. It’s helpful to read online reviews when choosing the right central vacuum so you can get the most for your money.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.