There are many different options of hair styling tools available. One of the most versatile and useful styling tools is a hair dryer. There are a variety of hair dryers available from many different brands. Some hair dryers have basic features and are very affordable.
There are also options with advanced technology that work well for hair that needs special attention. When choosing the right hair dryer it can be helpful to do some research on the options and the features they offer.
Hair dryers come at a wide range of price points which usually depends on the features they have. If you’re looking for a basic hair dryer there are many affordable options that can do basic drying.
There are also many with different temperatures and settings that can work with various types of hair. If you have thick or textured hair, you may need a hair dryer with advanced technology that can dry your hair quickly to prevent damage.
The best hair dryer for you depends on how often you plan to use it and your hair type. Cooler temperatures can be beneficial for those who dry their hair frequently or need to use the unit for longer drying times. The following is a list of the 10 best dryers by Consumer Guide.
10. Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
The Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer is available in black or pink. This hair dryer is an affordable option that uses advanced technology to dry your hair faster to prevent heat damage. It has different heat and speed settings so you can choose the one that works best for your hair.
This hair dryer from Conair is lightweight and easy to use. It includes a diffuser and a concentrator to help you create different styles for curly, wavy, or straight hair. The hinged filter allows you to easily clean the unit as needed.
- uses tourmaline ceramic technology to protect your hair
- ionic conditioning helps hair look smooth and free of frizz
- no-slip grip allows you to dry and style your hair with ease
- budget-friendly price for those looking for a basic blow dryer
- included accessories help you style straight or textured hair
- cool shot helps lock style in place for all day wear
- may not dry hair as quickly as some pricier options
- attachments may fall off when dryer gets hot
This hair dryer from Conair is affordable and versatile. It has 3 heat settings and 2 speed settings to work with different hair styles. This hair dryer also includes 2 accessories to get you plenty of options when styling your hair.
9. BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer
The BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano hair dryer is compact enough to be taken when you travel. This small hair dryer has titanium technology to help dry your hair quickly. This unit would be ideal for those who travel frequently or just want a smaller hair appliance.
This hair dryer from BaByliss is dual voltage and has 1000 watts of drying power to dry hair quickly and efficiently. It has a convenient folding handle that allows you to put it into your luggage for travel or keep it tucked away at home when not in use.
- lightweight with foldable handle
- has a removable filter/stand for easy cleaning
- comes with 2 heat/speed settings
- different settings can work for all hair textures and styles
- small size means you can take it with you to the gym or on trips
- dual voltage is easy to change if needed
- small size may take longer to dry than standard size dryers
- only has 2 heat settings where some dryers have 3
This compact hair dryer from BaByliss is ideal for those looking for a small and easy to use hair dryer. It’s dual voltage so you can travel with it easily. The dryer has several settings and the folding handle is convenient for packing into a gym bag or suitcase.
8. BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
The BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer is lightweight and easy to use. This hair dryer has 2000 watts of drying power with ceramic technology. It’s designed to dry your hair quickly no matter the style or texture of your hair.
This hair dryer from BaByliss produces gentle infrared heat to dry hair without causing heat damage. The extra wattage and professional motor give this unit enough power to dry even the thickest hair with ease. It has various settings and accessories for styling options.
- has ionic and porcelain ceramic technology
- includes 6 speed/heat settings
- can be used on any hair style and texture
- cold shot button sets your style
- removable filter makes it easy to clean
- concentrator nozzle works to smooth your hair
- handle may get hot during usage
- may be heavier than other comparable dryers
This hair dryer from BaBylissPRO has adjustable heat and speed settings so you can style straight, wavy, or curly hair. This dryer also includes a concentrator nozzle to help you smooth your hair. The cool shot button can be used after drying to set your style.
7. Conair 1600 Watt Compact Hair Dryer with Folding Handle
This super compact hair dryer from Conair is perfect for taking to the gym or for traveling. It has a convenient folding handle and requires very little space for storage. This dryers is dual voltage and it comes in a stylish blue color.
The Conair 1600 Watt Compact Hair Dryer is lightweight and easy to use without causing your arm to get tired during extended periods of drying. It has 2 heat/speed settings so it can easily be used on all types and textures of hair.
- dual voltage allows you to travel easily
- light weight design makes this hair dryer easy to pack in a gym bag or luggage
- has 1600 watts of drying power
- dryer weighs only 1 pound
- is easy to travel with and has a folding handle
- includes 2 heat and speed settings to work on all types of hair
- doesn’t come with accessories like other hair dryers
- may not have enough power for those with super thick hair
This compact hair dryer from Conair is easy to use and ideal for travel or for keeping in places with storage is limited. This dryer has 2 speed and heat settings so you can adjust based on your styling needs. It can be folded away for travel or storage.
6. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool/Hair Dryer
The INFINITIPRO By Conair has 1875 watts of hair drying power. It comes in a vibrant orange color and is lightweight enough to use without tiring your arm. This dryer is a budget-friendly option for those looking for a functional and affordable hair dryer.
This hair dryer from Conair has a professional AC motor to help dry your hair quickly without heat damage. It uses ionic technology to reduce frizz and help hair quickly and with less damage. It can reduce frizz up to 75% compared to other hair dryers.
- includes a diffuser and concentrator
- can be used to style all textures and types of hair
- includes a cold shot button to set your style
- budget friendly with many useful features
- has a professional motor for plenty of drying power
- various settings make it ideal for use on all types of hair
- not dual voltage
- doesn’t fold up and can be bulky for storage
This hair dryer from Conair is part of the INFINITIPRO line which is designed to imitate professional drying power on a budget. It includes 3 heat settings and 2 speed settings to dry and style different types of hair. The cold shot button allows you to set your style for the day.
5. Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
The Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer is a budget-friendly dryer with advanced technology and several features that make it functional and versatile. This dryer includes accessories to allow you to dry and style different types and textures of hair.
This hair dryer from Remington comes in a stylish purple color. It has a powerful motor but is also designed to prevent damage to the hair from excessive drying. It offers 3X more protection for your hair using advanced coating technology.
- helps promote shiny, healthy hair
- uses micro-conditioner technology to prevent damage to hair
- has 1875 watts of power for quick drying
- uses ceramic, ionic, and tourmaline technology to keep hair smooth
- includes a concentrator nozzle and diffuser for styling different types of hair
- has damage protection to keep hair safe from heat damage
- not as powerful as some other hair dryers
- larger size means it’s not ideal for travel
This hair dryer from Remington is affordable and has advanced technology that’s designed to keep hair smooth and silky. The dryer includes 2 accessories so you can style curly, wavy, and straight hair. It has different heat and speed settings for customized drying.
4. Revlon 1875W Infrared Hair Dryer with Hair Clips
The Revlon 1875W Infrared Hair Dryer includes accessories to help you style your hair. This hair dryer uses infrared heat technology to dry your hair quickly with minimal damage. It also has tourmaline ionic technology as an added method of protection for your hair.
This hair dryer from Revlon is affordable and easy to use. It has 2 heat settings and 2 speed settings so you can choose the best for your hair type. It also comes with hair clips, a concentrator nozzle, and a diffuser to help you style curly, straight, or wavy hair.
- has 1875 watts of drying power
- cool shot button can be used to set your style
- infrared heat technology makes hair soft and shiny
- includes styling accessories
- uses infrared technology for faster drying
- lightweight and easy to use
- dryer is not dual voltage
- somewhat bulky size makes it difficult for travel compared to smaller dryers
This hair dryer from Revlon has styling clips and attachments to help you dry and style all types and textures of hair. It has 2 heat settings and 2 speed settings so you can choose the best settings for your hair type. The 3X ceramic coating helps protect hair from damage.
3. Conair 1875 Watt Full Size Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning
The Conair 1875 Watt Full Size Pro Hair Dryer includes ionic conditioning technology to help keep your hair sleek and smooth, even with everyday usage. This dryer comes in a stylish black and chrome color combination or a vibrant teal color.
This hair dryer from Conair uses tourmaline ceramic technology to dry hair evenly and quickly so you don’t have to worry about heat damage. It comes with a concentrator nozzle that can help you create smooth styles with little frizz.
- dryer has a 5 foot power cord
- ionic technology reduces frizz
- cool shot button locks style in place for all day wear
- available in 2 different color options
- has different settings for use on different hair styles and types
- creates smooth styles with extra shine
- does not come with a diffuser
- this dryer is not dual voltage
This hair dryer from Conair comes in 2 different color options. It has 3 different heat settings and 3 speed settings so you can easily adjust based on your needs. It also has a cool shot feature that helps set your style for the day.
2. Revlon 1875W Compact & Lightweight Hair Dryer
The Revlon 1875W Compact & Lightweight Hair Dryer is an extremely affordable option for those seeking a basic hair dryer for travel or for use at home. This unit is small and light so you can pack it in your gym bag or luggage.
This hair dryer from Revlon is versatile with 2 heat/speed settings for use with different textures and types of hair. It has a removable end cap that you can take off to clean the filter to prevent overheating. This dryer also has a cool shot button to set your style.
- comes in 3 colors
- lightweight for travel
- has 1875 watts of drying power
- small and lightweight
- easy to use with simple controls
- cool shot button keeps your style in place
- doesn’t include accessories for styling
- not dual voltage
This affordable hair dryer from Revlon comes in black, pink, or yellow. It has 2 heat and speed settings along with a cool shot button. This dryer is lightweight and works well for travel or for keeping in your gym bag to use after workouts.
1. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer
The Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer is a multi-purpose heating tool that can dry and style your hair at the same time. This dryer also helps to create volume and it can be used on nearly any texture or type of hair.
This hair dryer and volumizer from Revlon is designed to smooth blowouts in around half the time as a traditional hair dryer. It saves time and effort during your styling routine. This can also lead to less damage from heat.
- uses nylon pin and tufted bristles to smooth hair
- oval brush shape creates smooth styles and reduces frizz
- helps to detangle as it dries the hair
- easy to use
- saves time when styling
- unique shape reduces frizz and creates smooth styles
- not dual voltage and not designed to be used with a voltage converter
- unit is not ideal for use with curly styles
This hair dryer and volumizer in one can save a lot of time when you’re drying and styling your hair. It has a combination of bristles that are specifically designed to create smooth styles and reduce tangles. This tool can also help prevent heat damage from using more than one heat tool on your hair.
A good hair dryer can help you dry and style your hair with little time and minimal heat damage. Some hair dryers are specifically designed with technology that won’t damage hair, even when you blow dry it multiple times per week. Hair dryers come in a wide range of prices.
Some are very basic while others have advanced features. Most allow you to adjust the speed and heat so you can have the best settings for your hair type. When you’re purchasing a new hair dryer it’s helpful to read online consumer reviews so you can find the one that best meets your needs.
- 10. Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
- 9. BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer
- 8. BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
- 7. Conair 1600 Watt Compact Hair Dryer with Folding Handle
- 6. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool/Hair Dryer
- 5. Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
- 4. Revlon 1875W Infrared Hair Dryer with Hair Clips
- 3. Conair 1875 Watt Full Size Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning
- 2. Revlon 1875W Compact & Lightweight Hair Dryer
- 1. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer