There are many different devices you can use at home for therapeutic purposes. An inversion table is one type of device you can use in your home to provide many different health benefits.
These tables are relatively lightweight and most are easy to use. They can be folded and stored away when you’re not using them which is especially helpful if you don’t have the extra space in your home. Many doctors and chiropractors may recommended inversion therapy for various types of pain or injury.
Inversion therapy is often used for different types of back pain. The table allows you to get on the unit and secure yourself while it’s upright. Then you use the mechanism on the table to spin it so that you’re hanging upside down. Most tables have very secure fasteners so you don’t have to worry about slipping or falling when you use the table as recommended.
Hanging upside down helps to decompress the spine and can lead to almost instantaneous relief for certain conditions. The following is a list of the 10 best inversion tables based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B000VSJH8C,B07B4M4KYH,B00K37891W,B07B8RQBBQ,B07DRH4BF3,B01BSCN9DS,B06XG6V9DP,B072BZBPXP,B00F950N2G,B003QCI4GG” /]
10. Ironman Gravity 1000 Inversion Table
The Ironman Gravity 1000 Inversion Table has a sturdy design and is made of durable materials. This table can support a weight up to 300 pounds. The table itself weighs 46 pounds and it can be folded easily for storage in a closet or corner of your room.
This inversion table from Ironman is a budget-friendly option that can help you eliminate back pain. It is able to invert up to 180 degrees for full decompression of the spine. This unit also helps to stimulate circulation throughout the body for better blood flow.
- durable tubular steel frame
- has ergonomically molded ankle cushions for comfort
- the powder coated finish prevents rust and corrosion
- lightweight and easy to move around
- has tough nylon backrest for support
- non-skid stabilizers keep it in place while you’re using it
- product requires a lot of assembly before use
- may not fold as compactly as some other inversion tables
This inversion table from Ironman has a lightweight but sturdy design and can hold a maximum weight of 300 pounds. The table can invert to 180 degrees. It has a height adjustment so that it can work for people of various heights.
9. Exerpeutic 975SL All Inclusive Extra Capacity Inversion Table
The Exerpeutic All Inclusive Extra Capacity Inversion Table allows you to select any angle of inversion without having to get off the table. It’s easy to use and can be locked and unlocked for secure inversion without worrying about slippage.
This inversion table is equipped with a patent pending ankle holder that is specifically designed to keep your feet and ankles comfortable during inversion therapy. This unit is made with durable materials and is designed to last.
- extra wide steel frame for durabilty
- airsoft technology to provide comfort and support for your ankles
- can support up to 350 pounds
- the ankle locking system is easy to reach
- powder coated finish is resistant to scratches
- can adjust for different heights
- larger and requires more space than other inversion tables
- may not fold as compactly for storage
This inversion table from Exerpeutic can be adjusted to work for people with heights from 4’10” to 6’6″. It’s made with durable materials and has a secure locking feature. You can easily adjust the level of inversion while using the table.
8. Teeter EP-970 Ltd. Inversion Table
The Teeter EP-970 Ltd. Inversion Table has some premium features that can’t be found on other tables. It comes with extra long stretch max handles for added stretching options and assistance with your therapy. It also has easy tether anchors and preset markers at 20, 40, and 60 degree angles.
This inversion table is equipped with acupressure nodes that help provided an added element of relaxation to your therapy. The included lumbar bridge helps support and direct attention to the lower back which is especially beneficial for those with lower back pain.
- patented ankle straps for comfort
- has contoured bed flexes to optimize your stretch options
- made of heavy gauge steel parts for long-lasting durability
- simple arm movements shift your weight for inversion
- getting back upright is also easy and simple
- comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- heavier and bulkier than some other machines
- this option is one of the more pricier inversion tables available
This inversion table from Teeter is designed for those who need professional level inversion therapy. It has a special lumbar area designed to relieve pain and strain in the lower back. This table is easy to use and it has preset stopping points at some of the most widely used inversion therapy angles.
7. EXERPEUTIC Inversion Table
The EXERPEUTIC Inversion Table is designed for comfort and ease of use. This table has patented air soft ankle restraints that are able to hold the ankles securely without causing pain or irritation. The table comes with a removable lumbar pillow.
This inversion table can be used with people from 4’9″ through 6’6″. It adjusts easily for different heights. It can be folded for storage so you can put it in a closet or other space out of the way. The maximum inversion with this table is 165 degrees.
- has a stretch bar for easy body positioning
- the backrest is made of 1″ foam for a comfortable support system
- the controls for inversion are easy to reach while you’re secured to the table
- included lumbar pillow provides extra support for the lower back
- has a solid two-piece ratchet design
- ratchet mechanism makes the table secure while inverted
- maximum weight is only 250 pounds
- assembly can be difficult and time consuming
This inversion table comes with a removable lumbar pillow to provide added support to the lower back. It has easy adjustments for height and the controls for the different inversion levels are easy to use while you’re on the table. It’s also equipped with comfortable and secure ankle straps.
6. Yoleo Gravity Heavy Duty Inversion Table
The Yoleo Gravity Heavy Duty Inversion Table has many features that make it ideal for those seeking a budget-friendly and functional table for inversion therapy. This table can be easily adjusted for comfort and support based on your specific needs.
This inversion table from Yoleo works well for people from 4’9″ through 6’6″. It has a heavy duty design and can support a maximum weight of 300 pounds. The extra wide tubular steel frame make it sturdy and stable so you don’t have to worry about movement of the table while you’re using it.
- comes in the following colors: black, blue, and red
- equipped with precision chuck buckle and safety lock pin for safety
- ankle holding system has front and rear rollers
- extra wide steel frame for stability
- ankle cushioning for comfort
- requires a lot of assembly before use
- not as compact for storing unless you remove several parts beforehand
This inversion table is an affordable table that can be used at several different inversion angles. It has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds and can be used with people of many different heights. It comes in 3 different color options and has a comfortable ankle holding system.
5. Teeter EP-560 Ltd. FDA-Cleared Inversion Table
The Teeter EP-560 Ltd. FDA-Cleared Inversion Table has been 3rd-party certified for safety. This is the only FDA cleared inversion table available. It can be used for back pain, muscle tension, muscle spasms, herniated discs, sciatica, and other common issues.
This inversion table from Teeter has patented wrap around ankle straps to keep you secure while you’re using the table. It has a contoured bed with hand grip flexes for comfort. This unit can be adjusted for heights from 4’9″ through 6’6″.
- made with high grade materials and designed to last
- comes with UL safety certification
- has 5 year warranty from manufacturer
- angle wraps are made with foam for comfort
- can be used for many different back issues
- has auto-locking hinges to prevent movement
- has a higher price than many other options
- may require help to put on the ankle straps until you figure out how to use the table
This inversion table from Teeter is a top-of-the line option that can help with sciatica, muscle spasms, back pain, and other conditions. It has many features that make it safe and comfortable for use. It can adjust to several different angles and also has adjustments for your height.
4. IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table
The IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table has a patented palm activated system that safely and slowly helps you invert to the desired level. This table is made of sturdy materials with a tubular steel frame that is both strong and designed to stay in place while you’re using it.
This inversion table has an ankle locking system that helps to hold you in place while you’re inverted. It has many uses and can help with back pain and strain related to many different injuries and conditions. This table comes with a foldable mat for convenience.
- includes equipment mat to protect your floors
- ergonomically molded ankle cushions keep the feet and ankles secure and comfortable
- has a powder coated finish to protect the metal
- memory foam nylon backrest provides comfort
- easy to lower yourself to the desire level of inversion
- can support up to 350 pounds of weight
- requires complicated assembly before use
- some of the included fasteners may not be as sturdy as those with other tables
This inversion table from IRONMAN comes with a mat that you can use underneath the table to protect your floors and reduce noise. The unit is designed for comfortable with a padded backrest and comfortable ankle straps. It can be adjusted for comfort as needed based on your height.
3. Innova ITM5900 Advanced Heat and Massage Inversion Therapy
Table is equipped with a equipped with a patent pending vertical massage pad. This unique feature is designed to cover the entire spine area. It provides heat and massage in addition to inversion therapy for an added element of relaxation and relief.
This inversion table from Innova has a contoured lumbar pad that provides the lower back with plenty of support. The unit has several different modes of heat and massage with a panel that allows you to easily adjust the settings based on your needs.
- adjustable headrest and height to work for everyone
- ergonomic ankle holding system to ensure you’re comfortable
- auto and manual settings for heat and massage
- adds heat and massage to increase the function of the table
- helps alleviate the pressure on the ankles during inversion
- equipped with 5 position angle slot system to keep the unit at the desired level of inversion
- not equipped with adjustable lumbar pad like some other options
- can only hold up to 300 pounds where some others can hold up to 350 pounds
This inversion table has several added features that can help you enjoy the unit more. Heat and massage functions can be used when needed with the auto or manual modes. You can also fully adjust the unit so that it works for a wide range of heights, from 4’10” though 6’6″.
2. Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table
The Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table is equipped with isolated heat and massage technology that can add even more benefits to your inversion therapy. This unit also comes with an adjustable lumbar pad to comfort and support the lower back during your therapy sessions.
This inversion table from Innova is fully adjustable to work for people of different heights. It has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. The 6 position adjustment of angles makes for different options to work for your specific needs.
- One year warranty from manufacturer
- accommodates users from 4’10” through 6’6″
- includes patent pending protective cover
- made of sturdy materials
- can be easily folded away for storage
- heat and massage make for a better therapy session
- not equipped with extended handle for ankle holding system
- unit is heavy once assembled and can be difficult to move
This inversion table from Innova has heat and massage features that work well for those with muscle strain in the back area. The heat and massage effects are optional and removable. This unit can be folded when you’re not using it to be stored away.
1. Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Table
The Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Table is a great option for those seeking an affordable device for inversion therapy. It comes with an adjustable headrest pad that allows you to adjust for comfort based on your height.
This inversion table from Innova has a true balance system that allows for easy and secure inversion. It works well for those who are new to inversion therapy as the unit is easy to use. It has a patent pending protective cover for easy and safe positioning.
- has a large and comfortable padded backrest
- equipped with 6 position pin system so you can adjust the angle
- ankle fasteners are ergonomic and adjustable
- adjustable for comfort and height
- lightweight and compact for storage
- doesn’t come with lumbar pad like some other options
- no straps for relieving tension on the ankles
Inversion therapy can be beneficial for many different back issues. It can help relieve pain associated with sciatica, back injuries, and other common problems. It can also work to relieve muscle spasms related to heavy lifting or work-related stress.
There are many options when it comes to inversion tables and they come at various prices. Some have added features like massage and heat therapy for those who would benefit from those added elements during therapy.
Most inversion tables can be easily folded so you can store them away when you’re not using them. You should consider the weight and height capabilities of inversion tables before you purchase one because some are more limited than others when it comes to the height and weight they can support.