The health market is filled with products that are designed to help you with your overall health as well as to address specific health concerns. Products that contain probiotics can be beneficial for your immunity, digestive system, and other health concerns.
There are many options when it comes to products that contain probiotics. These products have seen a recent rise in popularity and have become more readily available and more affordable. They come in various formulations including powders, tablets, and gummies.
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that can help promote a healthy digestive tract by adding those healthy bacteria that can counteract harmful bacteria in the gut.
One important consideration when comparing these products is how much of the active probiotics will actually reach the gut. This depends entirely on the quality of the product and the way it’s made. When you’re choosing the right probiotic supplement it’s important to consider the formula of the product.
A quality probiotic supplement will provide the body with a significant dose of healthy bacteria. The following is a list of the 10 best probiotic supplements based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B01EY4X8WO,B00WZ4VQ52,B01NB0G1V8,B010M9DT9C,B00L3JTHME,B00RH5K26I,B00JEKYNZA,B071DZQLPQ,B00Y8MP4G6,B00SGF5N1M” /]
10. Vitamin Bounty Pro 50 Probiotic with Prebiotics
The Vitamin Bounty Pro 50 Probiotic contains the added benefits of prebiotics. This supplement is made with delayed release technology to help the maximum beneficial organisms reach your digestive tract. It contains a wide range of beneficial organisms.
This probiotic supplement from Vitamin Bounty has 13 different strains of organisms for a total of 50 billion per serving. This makes it one of the most effective probiotic and prebiotic supplements available on the market compared to products that only contain 1 or 2 strains.
- delayed release capsule protects organisms from stomach acid
- includes prebiotic greens
- promotes digestive health and immunity
- no refrigeration required
- delayed release means that more bacteria make it through the stomach
- contains a variety of strains for added health benefits
- price is higher than other products when compared using the serving size
- bottle only has 30 servings
This probiotic supplement from Vitamin Bounty also contains prebiotics to provide your digestive system with many healthy organisms. It’s recommended that you take 2 capsules per day. The supplement has 50 billion live beneficial organisms per serving.
9. Dr Tobias Deep Immune Probiotic
The Dr Tobias Deep Immune Probiotic has a shelf stable formula so you don’t have to worry about refrigeration. This product contains a variety of beneficial strains of prebiotics and probiotics to promote health in the digestive tract.
This supplement from Dr Tobias is made with advanced spore-forming strains that can withstand going through the stomach acid to make it to areas of the digestive tract where they’re needed most. This formula also helps increase your immunity.
- formula lives through stomach acid to be released in the intestines for better absorption
- contains 4.4 billion CFU of beneficial bacteria per serving
- made of non-GMO ingredients
- contain prebiotics and probiotics
- doesn’t require refrigeration
- special formula helps maximum absorption
- product is produced in a factory alongside many allergens like shellfish, dairy, and peanuts
- only contains 4 different bacteria strains
This probiotic from Dr Tobias also contains a prebiotic to help with absorption. The formula uses spore-forming bacteria that can live through the stomach acid to reach the intestines where they’re most needed. This product can help promote immunity and also a healthy digestive system.
8. Florastor Daily Probiotic Supplement for Men and Women
The Florastor Daily Probiotic Supplemenf for Men and Women comes in a bottle with 100 capsules. This supplement helps strengthen the digestive system and promote the natural production of Immunoglobulin A, an essential digestive enzyme.
This probiotic supplement from Florastor provides the body with an extra layer of immune support to help fight off illness. This supplement comes in a capsule form and is suggested that you take 2 capsules once or twice daily.
- ingredients are gluten-free
- supplement is easy to swallow
- can be used by those with lactose intolerance
- doesn’t require refrigeration
- ingredients used are non-GMO
- supplement helps promote the body’s natural immune response
- doesn’t have as many different strains as some other supplements
- price is considerably higher than most other probiotics
This probiotic supplement from Florastor helps the body produce a natural digestive enzyme to promote health in the entire digestive system. It also helps to increase immunity by helping the body maintain a healthy level of beneficial bacteria.
7. Garden of Life-Dr. Formulated Probiotics Organic Kids
The Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement is designed for kids. This formula has been carefully created by a team of doctors to promote healthy digestion and increased immunity in children. The supplement is chewable so it’s easy for kids to take.
This probiotic supplement for kids from Garden of Life comes in a tasty flavor and is made with organic and non-GMO ingredients. The supplement contains 5 billion CFU per serving to promote digestive health and immunity, along with the addition of vitamins C and D.
- organic berry cherry flavor
- formula is free of added sugar
- designed for use with kids ages 4 and over
- chewable so kids can take it easily
- free of gluten, dairy, and soy
- only needs to be taken once per day
- pricey when you consider the bottle only has 30 servings
- not ideal for use in adults
This probiotic supplement for kids is designed to be chewed and has a tasty berry cherry flavor. It can be taken by children ages 4 and older. The supplement contains 14 strains of probiotics and also has added vitamins to promote immunity.
6. Nutrition Essentials #1 Rated Acidophilus Probiotic Digestive Health Supplement
The Nutrition Essentials probiotic supplement is one of the top rated probiotics on the market. This supplement contains the most CFU per bottle so you’re able to get the most health benefits possible from this particular formula.
This probiotic supplement from Nutrition Essentials comes in a bottle with 60 tablets. The recommended serving size is one tablet per day. It can help with digestive issues, reduce infections, help you control your weight and appetite, and also improve acne.
- fights off bad bacteria in the gut
- formula is free of chemicals and preservatives
- can help control your appetite
- benefits the digestive tract and immune system
- affordable price tag compared with many other brands
- contains the highest number of CFU per serving
- needs to be taken on an empty stomach
- may cause slight stomach upset in some people
This probiotic supplement from Nutrition Essentials is designed to promote a healthy gut by fighting off bad bacteria and helping replenish beneficial bacteria. The supplement comes in a bottle with 60 and it can be taken once or twice per day.
5. Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes Plus Prebiotics & Probiotics
The Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes supplement contains prebiotics and probiotics. This supplement comes in a bottle with 180 capsules. The recommended dosage is one capsule per day for a total serving size of 180 per bottle.
This supplement from Zenwise is ideal for those with digestive health concerns. The combination of digestive enzymes along with the prebiotics and probiotics can help promote a healthy digestive tract and may also reduce or eliminate many digestive problems.
- contains plant-sourced ingredients
- has 1 billion CFU of multi-strain probiotics
- helps the body digest fats, protein, carbs, and fiber
- can benefit people with minor digestive problems
- may help promote weight loss
- ingredients can help the body better absorb essential nutrients
- not as many different strains of beneficial bacteria as other supplements
- number of CFU per serving is much lower than other products
This probiotic and prebiotic supplement with digestive enzymes was designed to help those who deal with gas, bloating, and other digestive issues. This supplement can help the body maintain a healthy level of beneficial bacteria in the gut to promote immunity and overall wellness.
4. Hyperbiotics PRO-15 Probiotics
The Hyperbiotics PRO-15 Probiotic supplement has time release technology so the beneficial bacteria are released into the body 8 to 10 hours after taking the supplement. This helps prevent them from dying off in the stomach acid.
This probiotic supplement from Hyperbiotics has 15 different strains of beneficial bacteria. It provides you with 5 billion CFU per serving. The supplement helps support the digestive system and also promotes a increase in the body’s immune response.
- includes 60 time-release micro-pearls
- supplement has 15 different strains of beneficial bacteria
- supplement is vegetarian
- 15x higher survivability than other products
- formula is lactose and gluten free
- designed to reach the gut efficiently for the most benefit
- may cause temporary bloating, gas, or other minor side effects
- formula may take several weeks to show results
This probiotic formula from Hyperbiotics has many health benefits for the digestive system and the immune system. This supplement has time release technology that helps the beneficial bacteria survive through the stomach acid to reach the areas where they are most beneficial.
3. NewRhythm Probiotics
The NewRhythm Probiotics is made with targeted release technology to help the active bacteria stay alive to get through the stomach acid. This supplement contains a high portion of beneficial bacteria to promote digestive health, immunity, and overall well-being.
This supplement from NewRhythm is made from ingredients that are free from GMOs. It includes prebiotic fiber from organic sources that helps to increase the absorption rate of the beneficial bacteria into the areas where it’s most needed.
- made in a GMP certified facility
- contains 50 billion CFU per serving
- does not require refrigeration
- gluten free
- 100% vegetarian
- technology helps bacteria survive the stomach acid
- new users may experience stomach upset
- capsules are large and may prove difficult to swalloe
This probiotic supplement from NewRhythm contains a combination of prebiotics and probiotics to promote a healthy immune system and digestive health. This supplement contains technology that helps the beneficial bacteria stay alive through the stomach to reach the intestines.
2. Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women’s Shelf Stable Probiotics
The Garden of Life Once Daily Women’s probiotics has been carefully formulated by doctors to include a healthy dose and combination of strains of beneficial bacteria. The supplement is shelf stable so you don’t have to worry about refrigeration.
This supplement from Garden of Life has been specially designed with the health needs of women in mind. It has 50 billion CFU per serving and each bottle includes 30 vegetarian capsules for a total of 30 servings when taken as recommended.
- contains specific live bacteria to promote feminine health
- helps with digestive health, including constipation
- made with gluten-free and soy-free ingredients
- doesn’t require refrigeration
- specific formula works well for women
- has 16 different strains of bacteria
- price is higher than other brands when serving size is considered
- not ideal for use with men or children
This women’s probiotic supplement from Garden of Life contains many bacteria that work well for feminine health. It also helps promote healthy digestion and a healthy immune response. It’s recommended that this supplement be taken once per day.
1. Probiotic 40 Billion CFU. Guaranteed Potency until Expiration
The BioSchwartz probiotic supplement is one of the best selling options available. This probiotic comes with a guarantee from the manufacturer that gives you confidence it will be potent and effective until the date of expiration on the bottle.
This bottle of probiotics from BioSchwartz comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage for this supplement is 2 capsules per day. This probiotic helps with digestive health and immune support when taken regularly over time.
- designed to survive the stomach acid to reach the intestines
- each serving has 40 billion CFU
- made from natural and non-GMO ingredients
- formula is gluten-free and free of allergens
- has been independently tested by a third party
- doesn’t require refrigeration
- has less CFU per serving than some other brands
- may cause temporary digestive issues
This probiotic supplement from BioSchwartz is ideal for use with men and women. It contains a combination of various strains of beneficial bacteria. The formula uses technology that helps the bacteria survive going through the stomach acid and bile.
A probiotic can have many health benefits for adults and children. There are specific formulas designed to meet the needs of men, women, and kids. It’s helpful to compare the different brands available based on the number of strains offered in each supplement as well as the CFU per serving.
When trying to compare supplements based on price it’s essential to check the serving size as some only need to be taken once per day while others need to be taken more often for maximum benefits.
These supplements can help with many common digestive problems and also can increase the body’s ability to fight off infection. When searching for a high quality, effective, probiotic supplement you can read online consumer reviews to help you choose the option that will best meet your needs.