If you’re remodeling your bathroom, or simply updating some of the fixtures, you may be on the hunt for quality bathroom products that won’t break the budget. One of the most important items in your bathroom remodel or update project may be the fan. A bathroom fan helps to remove condensation from your space. Some also come with added features.
When shopping for a quality bathroom fan the size and dimensions of the fan are very important. If you’re replacing an old fan it’s important to choose a new option that will fit into the same space. You may also want to compare the different options based on their prices and features. The following is a list of the 20 best bathroom fans based on consumer report.
[amazon box=”B001CJUKZS,B00SE71A50,B06W2LB17J,B0002YTKZK,B01884PENC,B002OU1G98,B000IO8RS0,B016UQ2YXS,B000NJT45A,B00XBZFWWM” /]
10. Panasonic FV-11VH2 Whisper Warm 110 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan
The Panasonic FV-11VH@ Whisper Warm Ceiling mounted fan is easier to install than many other types of fans. This unit is designed to be powerful but still operate quietly.
This fan from Panasonic has a white/cream color to go with your bathroom decor. It features a heat function and a fan to remove moisture from your bathroom and provide heat when you need it.
- includes a tubular stainless steel heating element
- blower draws in air from both sides for efficiency
- made with high quality components and designed to last
- provides trouble-free operation for many years
- has a simple design that makes it easy to install
- gross weight is only 22.7 pounds
- has a higher price than many other options
- requires some duct work to be done if you don’t have an existing exhaust fan
This bathroom fan from Panasonic has a simple design that’s easy to install. It includes a heater along with a powerful motor to efficiently and effectively remove moisture from your bathroom.
9. Broan Sensonic Bathroom Exhaust Fan
The Broan Sensonic Bathroom exhaust fan features a Bluetooth speaker so you can connect your compatible devices and listen to your favorite music in the bathroom.
This exhaust fan from Broan-NuTone is Energy Star certified which means it won’t cause a significant increase in your power usage when compared to other bathroom fans.
- can be used in rooms up to 105 square feet
- included speaker has superior sound quality
- fan fits in 2″ by 8″ ceiling construction
- unit is lightweight when compared to other fans
- features a reliable and long-lasting motor
- UL listed to be used over the tub or shower
- unit will pair automatically with Bluetooth device anytime the fan is on, which can be inconvenient
- installing this fan/speaker in an existing space can be challenging
This exhaust fan with Bluetooth speaker is ideal for those who enjoy listening to music during their shower or bath. The unit is designed to remove moisture from the air in a space up to 105 square feet in size.
8. Panasonic FV-0510VS1 WhisperValue Multi-Flow Bathroom Fan
The Panasonic FV-0510VS1 WhisperValue Multi-Flow Bathroom Fan is affordable and great for use in most bathrooms. This fan can work in single family, multi-family, or manufactured homes.
This exhaust fan from Panasonic has a Pick-a-Flow feature that allows you to choose from 3 fan speeds, depending on your needs. It has a revolutionary motor with strong output.
- can be used at 50, 80, or 100 CFM
- includes SmartFlow technology
- has a low profile and fits nearly anywhere
- is compatible with most pre-existing holes for exhaust fans
- includes a unique l-shaped bracket for easy installation
- doesn’t have a heat or light function
- you may need attic access to install this fan in some bathrooms
This exhaust fan from Panasonic is one of the most affordable options available. It includes a bracket for quick installation and can be installed in nearly any bathroom space.
7. Broan-NuTone 655 Bath Fan and Light with Heater
The Broan NuTone 655 Bath Fan has a powerful motor to efficiently remove moisture and odors from the air in your bathroom. This fan also includes a light and heater.
This fan from Broan NuTone is affordable and versatile. It can be used in most bathrooms with relatively easy installation. It comes in a neutral white color to coordinate with your other bathroom fixtures.
- includes a 1300 watt heater
- heater and fan can function independently or simultaneously
- discreet installation means you only see the light and white grille
- can be used in bathrooms up to 65 square feet
- budget-friendly price
- features decorative polymeric grilles that look great in any bathroom
- not designed for use in oversized bathrooms
- requires the separate purchase or a 2 or 3 function wall control
This bathroom exhaust fan from Broan NuTone also includes a light and heater. This unit can be installed discretely so you don’t see anything but the decorative grill. It’s designed for use in small to medium size bathrooms.
6. BV Ultra-Quiet 90 CFM, 0.8 Sone Bathroom Ventilation & Exhaust Fan
The BV Ultra-Quiet 90 CFM Bathroom Ventilation and Exhaust Fan is designed to operate very quietly when compared to most other exhaust fans on the market. It’s also budget-friendly for those who are working with limited funds.
This exhaust fan requires a mounting opening of 9.25″ by 9.0″ with a height of 7.5″. It features a 4″ stainless steel duct collar that’s compatible with many bathrooms.
- can ventilate a space up to 90 square feet in size
- includes Silent-Clever technology to operate at just 0.8 sone
- comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- HVI 2100 certified and UL listed
- provides 90 CFM
- rate of CFM isn’t as high as some other exhaust fans
- may not be able to replace older standard-size fans without modifications
This quiet bathroom exhaust fan is also affordable. It can be used in bathrooms up to 90 square feet in size. The fan features a stainless steel element housing body that’s designed to last.
5. Broan-NuTone 744 744NT, 70 CFM 75-Watt, Recessed Fan and Light
The Broan -NuTone 744 recessed fan and light is ideal for those who prefer a minimalist look and don’t want the fan to be noticeable in the bathroom.
This recessed fan from Broan-NuTone has an efficient design that works well to remove moisture from your bathroom. It has trim matched to designs of many major recessed light manufacturers.
- includes a powerful centrifugal fan
- has a sones rating of 1.5
- uses a 75 watt bulb in the light feature
- recessed design makes this unit not noticeable when installed correctly
- includes optional wall controls
- the 6.87″ high housing fits in most new construction easily
- may be difficult to install in older bathrooms
- only provides 70 CFM, which is lower than many other options
This fan and light combination has a recessed design which looks great in your space. The unit is designed to operate quietly and efficiently. It features a 4″ round duct connector for installation.
4. Broan-Nutone 665RP Heater, Fan, and Light Combo
The Broan-Nutone 665RP unit features a heater, fan, and light in one. This exhaust fan is ideal for those looking for a versatile unit that serves many functions.
This exhaust fan with light and heater from Broan-NuTone has a compact design so you can use it easily in smaller bathrooms and other spaces. The fan is powerful and can be used in rooms up to 65 square feet in size.
- fits 2″ by 6″ ceiling construction
- discrete installation so you only see the light and white grille
- includes a 1300 watt heater
- works in small to medium size bathrooms
- decorative grilles blend into the ceiling for a clean look
- heater, light, and fan can function together or independently
- not designed for use in bathrooms over 65 square feet in size
- multi-function wall switch needs to be purchased separately
This exhaust fan from Broan-Nutone also includes a light and heater to increase the functionality of the unit. It has a white finish and when installed, only the light and grille can be seen.
3. Broan-Nutone AE80B InVent Series Single-Speed Fan
This bathroom fan from Broan-NuTone is very affordable and ideal for anyone seeking bathroom fixtures on a tight budget. The single speed fan has a powerful and durable motor that’s designed to last.
This exhaust fan works efficiently to remove moisture from the air inside your bathroom. It can be used to reduce the humidity in your space to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- can be used in a space up to 75 square feet in size
- can be easily retrofitted in most bathrooms
- provides 80 CFM
- simple installation process
- affordable price when compared to most other fans
- UL listed for use over tubs and showers
- doesn’t include a light or heater
- may be more noisy than some other exhaust fans
This exhaust fan from Broan-NuTone is ideal for use in small to medium size bathrooms. It is easy to install and can be retrofitted in most bathrooms that previously had an exhaust fan. It’s also safe to use over tubs and showers.
2. Broan-NuTone 690 Broan Bathroom Exhaust Fan Upgrade Kit
The Broan-NuTone 690 bathroom exhaust fan upgrade kit allows you to easily update your bathroom fan without ductwork, wiring, or other difficult installation processes.
This kit includes everything needed to upgrade your bathroom exhaust fan for better performance and a more modern look. It features an updated motor that’s powerful but quiet during operation.
- includes 2 plates that will fit most economy fans
- has 1.2 amps of power
- doesn’t require any extra hardware
- comes with everything needed for installation
- provides an easy and affordable way to upgrade an old exhaust fan
- can reduce the sound up to 50% from an older fan
- may not fit all existing fans
- not as quiet as some of the pricier fans on the market
This exhaust fan upgrade kit from Broan-NuTone is ideal if you’re looking for a cheap and easy way to upgrade an older fan. The kit includes everything you need for installation and can be installed in around 10 minutes if you’re handy with basic tools.
1. Panasonic FV-08-11VF5 WhisperFitEZ Fan 80
The Panasonic FV-08-11VF5 exhaust fan operates quietly at around 0.3 sones. It has a powerful motor but features WhisperFitEZ technology so it doesn’t create disruptive noise during use.
This exhaust fan from Panasonic uses less energy than many other fans while still moving large amounts of air around the room. It’s made from durable materials and designed to last for years.
- includes a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer
- works with 4″ and 6″ ducts
- uses Flex-Z Fast bracket for simple installation in most bathrooms
- helps increase the air quality by removing moisture and pollutants
- motor uses less energy but is still very powerful
- unit is Energy Star certified
- installation may require attic access for some situations
- understanding the installation instructions can be a challenge
This exhaust fan from Panasonic has a simple design with an installation bracket that makes the process quick and easy in most bathrooms. This fan operates quietly while still having enough power to move air efficiently.
While a bathroom fan isn’t the most exciting item to purchase for your bathroom renovation, it is an important one. Many people may not give much consideration to the bathroom fan, but it has a very important function. Without a good fan in your bathroom you can have issues with moisture that can lead to the growth of mold or mildew.
Most bathroom fans are relatively affordable when compared to other fixtures for the bathroom. It’s helpful to know the dimensions of the opening in which you plan to put the new bathroom fan so you can easily find one that fits. You may also want to compare the different bathroom fans available based on the features they offer.
Some fans may also include a light fixture to add more light to you space. If you’re not familiar with this type of fixture it can be helpful to read online reviews from other consumers before you make your purchase. These reviews can provide you with objective information on the quality and ease of installation for the different fans you’re considering so you can get the most out of your money.