Finding ways to relax at the end of a rough day can be challenging. Many people enjoy getting a massage as a way to ease tension and stress. If you enjoy massages but don’t like spending the money for professional massage, you may benefit from purchasing a handheld massager for use in your home. These massagers come in different styles and have different features for use in massaging different areas of the body.
A handheld massager can allow you to get the same feeling from a professional massage without spending time and money going to a massage facility. Most handheld massagers are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. They are usually powered by batteries. The following is a list of the 10 best handheld massagers based on reviews by consumer report.
[amazon box=”B07D5YZ76B,B07GWTF4JT,B01MQ0Y25Z,B07H4JKT25,B07GJY3J5B,B019UFT420,B008981SVU,B07G84P94Q,B07TVCF86M,B01N4B6VY4″ /]
10. TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
The TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager provides deep tissue relief and can be used all over your body. It has several different massage functions.
This handheld massaging device is easy to use. It provides strong percussion action trigger point massage to target specific areas where you need relief from pain and tension.
- has variable massage intensities
- includes 3 different massage heads
- comes with an extended power cord to make it easy to use
- powered by electricity so you never have to change batteries
- includes a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
- can do Shiatsu, acupoint, and kneading motions
- unit is heavier than many other handheld massagers
- using with a power cord can be inconvenient
This handheld massager from TheraFlow provides a customizable massage experience in your home. It has 3 different massage heads that are easy to change out as needed. It also allows you to adjust the massage intensity.
9. Hangsun Handheld Neck Back Massager
The Hangsun Handheld neck and back massager provides you with a powerful massage with over 3500 pulses per minute. This massager can penetrate even the tightest muscles to help you relax.
This massager from Hangsun provides deep soothing massage for use all over your body. It can be used on the head, neck, shoulders, legs, back, arms, and more.
- includes dual head percussion
- ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to use
- comes with 3 interchangeable massage nodes
- can do a full body massage
- has multiple speeds to work for all areas of the body
- includes a 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee
- massager is not cordless
- doesn’t have a heat function
This handheld massager from Hangsun has an ergonomically designed handle and a 98″ power cord which makes it easy to use. The massager has several speeds and comes with 3 massage heads that can be changed easily.
8. VIKTOR JURGEN Handheld Back Massager
The VIKTOR JURGEN handheld back massager can also be used on other areas of the body where you have pain or tension in your muscles. This massager provides up to 3350 pulses per minute.
This handheld massager from VIKTOR JURGEN has a dog head design that works a larger area at once to provide relaxing pulses to your tired muscles. This unit is professional strength to give you a feeling similar to a professional massage.
- has customizable speed settings
- non-slip grip makes this massager easy and comfortable to use
- includes a 71″ cord
- can provide deep tissue massage all over the body
- works on the neck, back, shoulders, and more
- includes 3 sets of removable massage heads
- massager is not cordless
- nodes are made of hard plastic and may not be comfortable on sensitive areas of the body
This massager from VIKTOR JURGEN has an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to use. You can adjust the intensity of your massage on the unit. It also includes several massage heads.
7. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager
The RENPHO Rechargeable deep tissue massager has a cordless design so you can use it anywhere. This unit can be used for up to 140 minutes on one full charge.
This rechargeable handheld massager from RENPHO is lightweight and portable making it ideal for travel. It uses percussion movements to massage your neck, shoulders, back, feet, and legs.
- provides up to 3600 pulses per minute
- includes 5 interchangeable massage heads for use on different areas of the body
- has 4 massage modes for different intensities
- mode button makes it easy to adjust the settings
- compact size means you can take it anywhere
- different massage heads work nearly all muscle groups
- unit turns off automatically after 20 minutes of use to prevent overheating
- massager is not designed to be used while charging
This handheld massager from RENPHO comes with 5 attachments to allow you to massage your entire body. It also has various modes that are easy to change with the mode button on the handle.
6. MIGHTY BLISS™ Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager
The MIGHTY BLISS deep tissue massager offers full body pain and stress relief for all your muscle groups. This massager is ideal for use on your neck, back, shoulders, and feet.
This handheld massager from MIGHTY BLISS is very powerful. It helps promote blood circulation and can be used to relieve pain in sore muscles.
- rechargeable battery can be used for up to 120 minutes on one charge
- includes a hassle free lifetime replacement guarantee
- comes with 6 different massage heads
- takes only 60 minutes to charge completely
- different massage heads and intensities
- lightweight for travel
- unit is pricier than most other similar handheld massagers
- doesn’t include a heat function
This handheld massager from MIGHTY BLISS is cordless so you can use it anywhere. It charges in one hour and can be used for up to 120 minutes on one charge. The 6 different massage heads allow you to use the massager all over your body.
5. PUREWAVE™ CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager
The PUREWAVE CM-07 Dual Motor massager offers percussion massage and vibration to help you soothe and relax all your muscles. This massager is cordless and easy to use.
This handheld massager from PUREWAVE has been recommended by many professionals, including chiropractors, trainers, and physical therapists due to the quality of massage it provides.
- powerful dual motor design
- includes 6 massage heads
- professional grade and safe for home use
- includes a 90 satisfaction guarantee
- provides percussion and vibration which is ideal for using on nearly any muscle group
- can be used to relieve pain related to sciatica or injuries
- internal battery is not as long lasting as the ones used in some other massagers
- the storage area for the accessories is inconveniently located
This massager from PUREWAVE is easy to use and has a control so you can adjust the intensity. It comes with attachments for use with nearly any area of the body, including an attachment specifically for face massage.
4. HoMedics Ribbit Handheld Mini Massager
The HoMedics Ribbit Handheld Mini Massager is small and lightweight so you can travel with it. This massager can easily fit into your purse or other bag so you can take it to the gym, on a plane, or anywhere else you may need it.
- operates using 3 AAA batteries
- simple design makes the massager easy to use
- unit is made of durable materials
- can be used on nearly any part of the body
- motor is powerful for the size of the massager
- batteries come with the massager and are easy to replace as needed
- size and shape make this massager challenging to use on hard to reach areas
- not rechargeable
This compact and lightweight handheld massager from HoMedics has a simple design with one button to control the unit. It uses 3 AAA batteries which are included with your massager. The small size makes it ideal for travel.
3. Handheld Back Massager
The handheld back massager from VIVREAL is versatile and can be used all over the body. It includes attachments to help you massage your head, neck, shoulders, back, legs, and feet.
This massager has a cordless design so you can use it anywhere as long as it’s charged. It features a standby battery life of around 100 minutes and it lets you know when the unit needs to be put on the charger.
- includes 6 interchangeable massage heads
- has 6 adjustable speeds so you can customize your massage intensity
- comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- control panel makes it easy to switch the intensity
- powerful motor provides up to 3200 pulses per minute
- ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use
- unit automatically shuts off after 15 continuous minutes of use
- doesn’t have as long of a battery life as some other cordless massagers
This massager from VIVREAL gives you plenty of options when it comes to massage intensity and style. It includes 6 different massage heads to target different areas of the body where you may need pain relief or just relaxation.
2. Massage Gun Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager
The massage gun from Opove has a unique design that makes it easy to hold and use. The gun shaped massager is powerful enough to provide relief to aches and pains, even in deep tissues.
This massager from Opove has a shell made of nylon 66 and glass fiber for durability. It has a long battery life so you can easily use it as long as you need without a recharge.
- unit has a powerful motor with 3 speeds
- operates quietly
- battery can last up to 3 hours on a full charge
- handle shape makes this massager comfortable for use
- weighs only 2.5 pounds
- includes a carrying case and accessories
- unit is much pricier than many other handheld massagers
- doesn’t have a long handle to reach your back
This massager from Opove has a unique shape with an ergonomic design. It includes a case that can hold the massager and the included accessories. The massager is lightweight and could be used for travel.
1. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager
The RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held deep tissue massager has a cordless design with a rechargeable battery. The massager can be used for up to 140 minutes on a full charge.
This massager from RENPHO features the following interchangeable heads: round, 1-point, 3-intensive, 3-point, and curved. These versatile massage heads give you plenty of options when choosing the best one for your needs.
- massager can provide up to 3600 pulses per minute
- includes 4 different massage modes
- handle is ergonomically designed and made of silicon for comfort
- has a long battery life on a full charge
- battery indicator lets you know when the unit needs to be recharged
- controls to adjust the intensity are easy to use
- unit is designed to shutoff automatically after 20 minutes of continuous use for safety
- battery won’t last nearly as long as expected when unit is used on the highest setting
This rechargeable handheld massage device has a simple design with controls that are easy to use. The unit is affordable and versatile. It has 5 different massage heads which can be used on the neck, shoulders, head, back, and other areas.
A handheld massager is a great way to help yourself relax without having to visit a professional massage facility. These devices can help relieve stress throughout your body. They can also be used to target specific areas where you may be feeling pain or fatigue. When shopping for a handheld massager it’s important to compare the different options based on their features.
Some may be designed for use on specific areas of the body while others are more versatile so you can use them anywhere. It’s also important to read up on the different features offered by each massager you’re considering. Many will have different massage functions and intensities so you can choose the one that works best.
When you’re comparing different handheld massagers it’s helpful to read online consumer reviews from others who have purchased and used the massagers. These reviews can provide you with objective information on the quality, features, and ease of use of the massagers so you can choose the one that best meets your needs and budget.