When it comes to home-cooked foods, there is nothing better than freshly made bread. But learning to bake bread is challenging. There is a lot of science involved in bread baking and it’s important to follow recipes closely to ensure that your bread rises and bakes properly. One of the easiest ways to make bread at home is to use a bread machine. These machines are very easy to use and many have several settings that allow you to make different types of bread.
Bread machines come in several styles and sizes. Some can be used to make jams or jelly. They can make quick breads with fruits and nuts. They can also be used to make bread dough so you can make homemade pizza, rolls, and other types of breads. When you’re choosing a bread machine, it’s helpful to look at all the features and prices to help you choose the one that meets your budget and needs. The following is a list of the 10 best bread machines based on reviews by consumer guides.
[amazon box=”B0067MQM48,B07PC34HDK,B07F7T2FWG,B07ZQ711SW,B0009VELTQ,B0839PKH18,B003GXM0EM,B07BYXHYLY,B005EPRF1I,B07C8V4FDR” /]
10. Zojirushi BB-PAC20BA BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
The Zojirushi BB-PCA20BA home bakery Virtuoso breadmaker is convenient and easy to use. It’s designed to make traditional style loaves of bread and has several settings to bake different bread types.
This breadmaker simplifies the breadmaking process so you can always have freshly baked bread at home. It allows you to customize your bread based on dietary needs and personal tastes.
- includes a gluten-free setting
- bakes traditional rectangular loaves
- has a digital panel that makes it easy to choose the right settings
- makes a 2-pound loaf of bread
- comes with a heater on the lid for even baking
- dual-kneading blades ensure dough is proper kneaded for a good rise
- unit is heavy and quite large when compared to other bread making machines
- higher price than most other breadmakers designed for home use
This bread machine has many settings so you can bake all types of breads. The digital panel allows you to choose the ideal settings based on the type of bread you want to make.
9. Hamilton Beach Premium Dough & Bread Maker Machine
The Hamilton Beach premium dough and bread maker machine has a sleek design with a stylish stainless steel finish. It bakes 2 pound loaves.
This bread machine from Hamilton Beach has many settings and functions so you can bake bread or make dough for rolls, pizza, and other types of breads.
- has 450 watts of power
- includes an automatic fruit and nut dispenser
- stainless steel finish is easy to wipe clean
- allows you to choose between 3 loaf sizes
- the interior parts are dishwasher safe
- has several baking functions for quick breads, dough, gluten-free, jam, and more
- machine is large and needs a lot of space for use and storage
- the control panel is not back-lit
This bread machine from Hamilton Beach is affordable and versatile. It has many functions and settings that allow you to bake different kinds of bread or make dough for baking in your oven.
8. Secura Bread Maker Machine
The Secura bread maker machine has the latest in technology to make at-home bread baking easy and effortless. It’s designed to do all the work for you so you can always have freshly baked bread.
This bread machine from Secura has a wide range of settings for making breads and doughs. You can make quick breads, pizza dough, yeast bread, and more.
- includes 19 different menu settings
- has a digital control panel for ease-of-use
- allows you to choose from 3 loaf sizes
- can make larger loaves than most other bread machines
- has a timer and a keep-warm function
- has a reminder for add-ins when making bread with fruit or nuts
- included recipe book has difficult recipes
- machine makes a lot of noise during use
This bread machine has a stainless steel finish for quick cleanup. It has many different settings so you can make most types of bread and dough. The control panel makes choosing the right settings very easy.
7. KBS 17-in-1 Bread Machine with Double Tubes
The KBS 17-in-1 bread machine has double tubes to increase the heating area. This helps ensure that your bread rises evenly and quickly. It also helps with the baking process to make perfect loaves each time.
This bread machine from KBS has many different baking settings and functions. The convenient handle on the lid allows you to check the bread during baking.
- includes an intelligent fruit and nut dispenser
- intuitive digital touch panel makes it easy to choose the right settings
- has a 15-hour delay so your bread is ready when you want it
- includes a warming feature to keep bread warm for up to an hour
- has 17 programs to choose from
- can be used for bread, jam, dough, and more
- machine is pricier than many other bread makers
- the mixer paddle gets baked into the bread and needs to be removed manually
This bread machine from KBS has a sleek design with an outer finish that’s easy to clean. It includes 17 different settings so you can make most types of bread and dough.
6. Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker
The Cuisinart CBK-200 convection bread maker uses convection technology to bake bread evenly. This unit makes 3 different loaf sizes so you can choose the best option based on your favorite bread recipes.
This bread maker from Cuisinart has a sleek design with a stainless steel finish. The interior parts are made from BPA-free materials for safety during baking.
- has 3 crust colors to choose from
- includes a 12-hour delay start
- allows you to bake gluten-free and low-carb bread with the preset functions
- machine weighs only 16 pounds
- allows you to remove the paddle before baking or remove the dough
- comes with 16 pre-programmed settings
- machine may be noisy during use
- finding the right settings for different types of bread can be challenging
This bread machine from Cuisinart has many preset functions for baking different types of bread. It can also be used for jam or dough. It has a handle on each side so you can move the unit around easily.
5. Pohl Schmitt Stainless Steel Bread Machine Bread Maker
The Pohl Schmitt stainless steel bread machine is made of durable stainless steel and designed to last. This stainless steel finish also makes for quick and easy cleanup.
This bread machine from Pohl Schmitt has a variety of settings so you can make different types of bread. It has a 15-minute power interruption recovery to prevent loss of bread during a power outage.
- can bake 3 different sizes of loaves
- the menu has 16 different settings
- motor is powerful but designed to be quiet when compared to other bread machines
- can make whole grain bread, French bread, quick bread, dough, cake, and more
- the buttons are located on the top and easy to see
- comes with recipes
- unit may emit a smell during the first few uses
- some of the included recipes have errors
This bread machine from Pohl Schmitt is made with high-quality materials. It has a powerful motor that is designed to work quietly. The control panel is easy to use and has many different settings.
4. Oster Expressbake Breadmaker
The Oster Expressbake breadmaker is affordable and compact. This unit would be ideal for use in a small kitchen and would make a great gift for anyone who wants to learn how to bake bread at home.
This breadmaker from Oster has a simple design which makes it great for beginners. It has many different settings to choose from so you can bake most types of breads with very little effort.
- machine weighs only 8 pounds
- can bake up to 2-pound loaves of bread
- includes 12 settings
- has a large LCD display with intuitive button controls
- includes a 13-hour programmable timer
- the shape of the bread makes it a challenge to slice
- the top of the bread may frequently come out lighter than the sides
This bread machine from Oster is a budget-friendly option for those looking for a simple way to bake bread at home. It works much more quickly than other machines and can bake bread in an hour.
3. KBS Pro Stainless Steel Bread Machine
The KBS Pro stainless steel bread machine has a sleek design with a stainless steel finish. This machine has the latest in bread-making technology to provide you with professional-level results at home.
This bread machine from KBS has many functions and settings to choose from. You can make quick breads, whole wheat bread, gluten-free bread, jam and more.
- allows you to choose from 3 crust darkness levels
- includes a guide on the top to help you choose the best settings based on the type of bread you’re baking
- ceramic pan heats even for perfect loaves each time
- made of high-quality materials
- ceramic pan is easy to clean
- includes a handle on the top of the lid
- machine is quite pricey when compared to others
- it has a large footprint and requires a lot of space for use and storage
This bread machine from KBS has professional-level bread making abilities in a machine designed for home use. It has many different settings so you can bake any type of bread.
2. Hamilton Beach 2 Lb Digital Bread Maker
The Hamilton Beach 2-pound digital bread maker has advanced technology to help you bake many types of bread at home. It’s easy to use and works well to create freshly baked bread whenever you want it.
This bread maker from Hamilton Beach has simple controls on the top so you can adjust the settings based on the type of bread you’re baking.
- programmable for different types of bread
- bread pan is dishwasher safe
- weighs just under 12 pounds
- can make 1.5 or 2 pounds
- has large display
- includes the option to choose from 3 crust settings
- the mixing blade may fall into the bread during the baking process
- may take longer to bake a loaf of bread than some other bread machines
This bread machine from Hamilton Beach is affordable and versatile. It has a large display that makes it easy to use and allows you to choose among the many different settings.
1. Cuisinart Bread Maker
The Cuisinart bread maker has a stylish design with a beautiful stainless steel finish. It’s easy to clean and can be wiped as needed to remove spills.
This bread maker from Cuisinart has many settings that give you the option to make most types of bread. You can have freshly baked bread at home with very little effort since the machine does all the work.
- bread maker weighs less than 11 pounds
- can make a loaf up to 2 pounds
- has 12 programmed menu functions
- you can choose from 3 crust settings
- machine is fully automatic and easy to use
- has a viewing window in the top so you can see the bread as it bakes
- the lid is not removable
- unit may move around on your counter during the kneading process
This bread maker from Cuisinart has advanced technology to take the guesswork out of baking bread at home. It has preset functions for many types of bread.
A good bread machine can knead your bread and make it rise at the optimum temperature so it bakes up perfectly each time. Bread machines can bake the bread for you or you can use the dough setting to remove the dough and bake it in your oven. Some bread machines make traditional-shaped loaves while others make a square-shaped loaf. You should consider which style you prefer when deciding which bread machine to purchase.
Bread machines take up a lot of space but if you enjoy fresh bread, they are a worthy investment for your kitchen. Many have settings that allow you to choose your preferred crust darkness. They may also have delayed timers so you can have the bread ready when you need it. When shopping for a bread machine it’s helpful to read reviews. These reviews can help you choose the best option to meet your needs.