There are many benefits to having carpet in your home. But one of the main drawbacks of carpeted floors is that they can get very dirty. Cleaning your carpets can be challenging if you don’t have the right equipment and cleaning products. By purchasing a quality carpet cleaner you can help keep your carpets smelling fresh and looking nice for years.
When shopping for a carpet cleaning it’s important to consider how often you’ll use it and how well it works. If you have children and pets, and the messes that go along with them, you understand how important it is to clean your carpets and remove stains regularly. A powerful carpet cleaning machine can make the cleaning process much easier. The following is a list of the 10 best carpet cleaners based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
|BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner Machine and Carpet Shampooer, 2085||Buy on Amazon|
|McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner with 18 Accessories, Extra-Long Power Cord, Chemical-Free...||Buy on Amazon|
10. BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner
The BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner is specifically designed to remove pet-related stains and odors from your carpets. This machine is also powerful enough to clean up dirt from everyday use of your carpeted floors.
This carpet cleaner from BISSELL has advanced heating technology that works hard to remove even the toughest stains from your carpets. It has rotating brushes to work cleaners down into the carpet to remove set-in stains and dirt.
- uses Heatwave technology to maintain the water temperature
- includes a long hose for cleaning stairs or upholstery
- 12 rows of rotating brushes penetrate carpets for a better clean
- includes a 3-year limited warranty
- unit is easy to empty and has a pet hair collection bin
- comes with a trial size bottle of cleaner
- can be heavy to push when filled with cleaning solution
- when emptying the dirty water you can also lose some of your cleaning solution
This carpet cleaner from BISSELL was designed with the pet owner in mind. It allows you to clean upholstery and stairs with the included attachment and hose. This unit has a large capacity water and cleaner tank so you don’t have to refill as often.
9. BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full Size Upright Carpet Cleaner
The BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Upright Carpet Cleaner works well in homes with pet messes. This full size carpet cleaner is lightweight when compared to commercial rental machines but still cleans just as well.
This carpet cleaner from BISSELL features a max clean mode that’s designed to clean up even the messiest carpets and removes set-in stains. This machine also removes odors to help your home smell fresh.
- includes a 7 foot hose for cleaning hard to reach areas
- comes with attachments to clean pet beds, stairs, and upholstery
- Express Clean Mode helps your carpets dry completely in as little as 30 minutes
- weighs less than 18 pounds
- has a low-profile foot that makes it easy to use
- the 12 rows of brushes help lift deep down dirt
- doesn’t have a removable brush roll cover
- not ideal for pre-treating stains
This carpet cleaner from BISSELL is designed to clean up pet messes and odors from your carpet and upholstery. It comes with a long cord and several attachments so you can easily move around your home to clean.
8. BISSELL DeepClean Lift-Off Deluxe Upright Pet Carpet Cleaner Machine
The BISSELL DeepClean Lift-Off Deluxe Upright Carpet Cleaner works efficiently to clean up pet messes and other types of dirt and stains on your carpets. This machine has powerful suction to help your carpets dry quickly.
This carpet cleaner from BISSELL features powerful brushes that get deep down into the carpet fibers to remove old stains and new messes. It comes with several accessories to help you clean carpets and other areas of your home.
- uses heat technology to keep the water at a consistent temperature
- includes a 4 foot hose for cleaner upholstery or stairs
- the removable nozzle makes for easy cleanup
- features a removable spot cleaner to clean the toughest stains
- large capacity tanks mean fewer trips to empty and refill
- spraying crevice tool makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- unit is pricier than many other options
- when the tank is full, this cleaner is heavy when compared to other carpet cleaners
This carpet cleaner from BISSELL is designed to efficiently and effectively clean pet messes to make your home smell fresh and look clean. This unit has a detachable smaller unit and attachments so you can easily clean stairs and upholstery.
7. BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner Machine
The BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush upright carpet cleaner is budget-friendly and powerful to clean your carpets efficiently. This machine is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
This carpet cleaning machine from BISSELL features a collapsible handle so you can easily store it away in a closet or other area. It works well on carpets and area rugs to clean up spills, dirt in high traffic areas, and pet messes.
- machine weighs only 12 pounds
- has a tank capacity of 1/2 gallon
- the cleaning path for this machine is 9.5″ wide
- lightweight and easy to move around
- includes dirt lifting power brushes for more effective cleaning power
- dirty water tank is easy to remove and empty
- doesn’t have a hose or attachments for cleaning tight spaces or upholstery
- water tank is smaller than most others which means emptying and refiling often
This lightweight and compact carpet cleaning machine would be ideal for a smaller home where you don’t have a lot of storage and don’t need a bigger machine. It’s easy to use and affordable.
6. Bissell BigGreen Commercial BG10 Deep Cleaning 2 Motor Extractor Machine
The Bissell BigGreen Commercial Deep Cleaning machine is designed for heavy duty use in a commercial or residential setting. This option would be ideal for those with lots of carpeted rooms that need deep cleaning and stain removal.
This carpet cleaning machine from Bissell has a deep cleaning 2 motor design that cleans when you’re going forwards and backwards to decrease the time you have to spend on cleaning your carpets.
- flow indicator lets you know when to empty the dirty tank and when to refill the solution
- large capacity water tank hold more water than many smaller machines
- has powerful suction to remove more water
- handle is adjustable
- holds more water than other machines to decrease your cleaning time
- includes a 25′ power cord
- doesn’t include a hose
- machine is larger and heavier than many others
This commercial-grade carpet cleaning machine from Bissell works well for heavy duty usage in a home or business. It has large dirty and clean water tanks to make your cleaning more efficient.
5. SpotBot Pet hands free Spot and Stain Cleaner
The SpotBot Pet from Bissell has a hands-free option to allow you to walk away while the machine does the work of removing tough stains. This machine is compact and lightweight so you can move it around easily.
This hand-held carpet cleaning machine from Bissell cleans pet messes as well as other types of stains and spills on your carpets. It also has a hose to clean upholstery and stairs easily.
- has several different cleaning cycles including an automatic option
- cleans from the bottom to the top to fully remove stains so they don’t reappear
- includes a handle on the top for portability
- can be used to clean rugs, carpet, upholstery, and car upholstery
- lightweight and requires little space for storage
- spiral brush action removes tough stains with little effort
- not designed for cleaning entire carpeted rooms
- tank capacity is smaller than upright machines
This handheld carpet cleaning machine from Bissell has an automatic cycle that cleans spots and stains with very little effort on your part. This machine can also be used manually with the hose and attachments included.
4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories
The McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner provides you with an all-natural method of cleaning carpets and other surfaces around your home. This unit cleans with steam so you don’t have to use harsh chemicals.
This cleaner from McCulloch can do much more than clean carpets. But it can be effective with cleaning stains and dirt out of your carpets. It works well for removing builtin grime from high traffic areas.
- includes 18 accessories for cleaning various surfaces around your home
- handheld design makes it easy to move around as you clean
- comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- steam pressure removes dirt and grime without chemicals
- includes an easy to fill water tank
- water heats up quickly for efficient cleaning
- doesn’t remove water from carpets
- not ideal for cleaning large areas
This steam cleaner from McCulloch is easy to use and versatile for cleaning carpets and many surfaces. It includes many accessories to help you clean appliances, floors, windows, cars, and more around your home.
3. Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
The Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner is designed to remove the toughest stains and odors. It also works well on removing buildup from everyday use of your carpets.
This carpet cleaner from Bissell works for pet messes and other types of stains and dirt commonly found on carpets. This machine is easy to use and has an Express Clean Mode that can have your carpets dried in around 30 minutes.
- has 12 rows of rotating brushes to remove deep down dirt
- includes a pre-treating option for the toughest stains
- machine weighs less than 18 pounds
- has a low-profile foot so it can fit under some furniture for easy cleaning
- brush roll cover can be removed for cleanup of the machine
- includes an upholstery tool
- machine is pricier than many other carpet cleaners
- suction is so powerful that you need to empty the dirty water tank frequently
This carpet cleaner from Bissell has heat technology to maintain the water temperature while you clean. It includes a pre-treating option to help remove old stains easily.
2. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner is perfect for anyone looking for a budget-friendly carpet cleaner that still works efficiently. This machine includes several attachments to clean floors, upholstery, and stairs.
This carpet cleaner from Hoover has powerful brushes to thoroughly clean your carpets. It evenly cleans surfaces with equal suction to remove water from your carpets so they dry quickly.
- heat force speeds up dry time
- machine weighs less than 19 pounds
- includes a sample bottle of cleaning product
- powerful suction speeds up the dry time and removes stains
- has a large dirty water tank
- includes a water/solution trigger on the handle
- clean water tank isn’t as large as some other carpet cleaner’s tanks
- doesn’t include an automatic cleaning mode
This carpet cleaner from Hoover is affordable and easy to use. It comes with an attachment that allows you to clean stairs or upholstery. It has a 12″ cleaning path to clean your carpet quickly.
1. Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
The Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is compact and includes a handle so you can move it around as needed. This machine has a hose with spray nozzle to direct the cleaning formula where you need it.
This handheld carpet cleaner from Bissell is ideal for spot cleaning. It can also be used to clean your stairs or upholstery. It has a long power cord so you can easily move around while you clean.
- includes a 4′ hose
- tanks and hose are made of post-consumer recycled plastic and are PVC free
- the dirty water tank capacity is 49 ounces
- brush attachment helps you remove stains
- includes a bottle of cleaner
- machine is lightweight and easy to move around
- not ideal for cleaning entire rooms
- tank needs to be emptied frequently
This handheld carpet cleaner from Bissell is easy to use and comes with a hose and brush attachment. It can be used for cleaning stains, stairs, and upholstery.
Finding the best carpet cleaner can be challenging. There are many options available and they come in a wide range of prices. While you do have the option to rent a commercial machine for occasional use, it’s often better and more convenient to purchase your own machine.
This allows you to clean your carpets when they need it without having to pick up and drop off a machine at a retail location. Plus, if you clean your carpets frequently, having your own carpet cleaner can actually save you money over time. Be sure to compare the different options available based on their features and design.
Some are better designed for spot cleaning stains while others can clean entire rooms quickly. Attachments for cleaning stains and upholstery can also be beneficial. You may want to read online reviews of the different machines you’re considering for purchase. These reviews can help you choose the best option based on your needs and budget.
- 10. BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner
- 9. BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full Size Upright Carpet Cleaner
- 8. BISSELL DeepClean Lift-Off Deluxe Upright Pet Carpet Cleaner Machine
- 7. BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner Machine
- 6. Bissell BigGreen Commercial BG10 Deep Cleaning 2 Motor Extractor Machine
- 5. SpotBot Pet hands free Spot and Stain Cleaner
- 4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories
- 3. Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
- 2. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine
- 1. Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner