Choosing a good garage door opener can be difficult when you’re faced with all the different options that are available. When comparing garage door openers it’s important to look at the price and features of each one. It’s also essential to ensure that your garage door opener will be compatible with your garage door, especially when replacing an old garage door opener on an existing door.
If you’re purchasing new garage doors, it’s usually easy to find a door opener that will work with your new garage doors. Replacing the garage door opener on older doors can be more challenging but there are plenty of new options at a variety of prices that should work well. The following is a list of the 10 best garage door openers based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B00BMVRMY8,B007VP9210,B07H4BGY1W,B07MV295ST,B075CQDW9M,B00LBGVLS2,B0758L67KP,B00B8BFG0O,B075BF39VG,B075CQ86ZV” /]
10. Direct Drive 1042V004 Garage Door Opener
The Direct Drive 1042V004 Garage Door Opener has a quiet design so you can use it anytime of day or night without disturbing others. This opener makes virtually no vibrations during operation.
This garage door opener from Direct Drive includes several accessories to make it more functional in your home. It comes with the full installation kit that will work in nearly any garage space.
- includes two 2-button transmitters
- comes with the interior wall station for controlling the door from inside
- measures 42″ x 10″ x 6.5″
- includes rail for 7′ or 8′ door
- unit is easy to install with included installation kit
- equipped with secure rolling code technology
- opener is slower than many other options
- buttons are hard to push
This garage door opener from Direct Drive is easy to install and compatible with most garage doors that are 7′ or 8′ tall. It comes with a wall unit and 2 transmitters to allow you to open and close the door as needed.
9. LiftMaster 3255 Contractor Series 1/2 HP Chain Drive
The LiftMaster 3255 Contractor Series Chain Drive garage door opener is ideal for those looking for a quality unit on a budget. This garage door opener is one of the most installed options in homes around the world.
This garage door opener from LiftMaster is affordable and easy to install. It’s made with durable materials and designed to last, even when used everyday, multiple times per day.
- includes remote control
- chain drive mechanism is durable and designed to last
- includes wall-mount panel
- can be installed to replace old unit with little effort
- remote has a long range
- includes metal components that can hold up to everyday wear and tear
- doesn’t include the rail assembly
- some parts may need to be replaced when replacing an older unit with this option
This garage door opener from LiftMaster is one of the most popular units on the market. It is compatible with most other systems and can be installed to replace an old or worn out garage door opener. It includes a remote control and wall panel.
8. Chamberlain Group RJO20 Direct Drive Wall Mounted Space Saving Garage Door Opener
The Chamberlain Group RJO20 Direct Drive Wall Mounted Space Saving Garage Door Opener is the ideal option for those with lower ceilings as this unit can easily be mounted on the wall.
This garage door opener from Chamberlain has the latest in technology. It can connect to your WiFi network so you can control your door when you’re away from home.
- Amazon Prime members in certain areas can use this unit to have packages delivered inside their garage
- includes an automatic garage door locking mechanism
- comes with a multi-function wall control unit
- advanced technology provides you with complete control over keeping your garage secure
- includes safety sensors
- can be installed in tight spaces
- pricier than many other garage door openers
- installation can be challenging
This garage door opener is ideal for those looking for an advanced unit that gives you full control over the security of your garage door when you’re away. You can connect the unit to WiFi and use an app to monitor the door when you’re away.
7. Genie ChainDrive 550 Garage Door Opener
The Genie ChainDrive 550 Garage Door Opener is a budget-friendly option that’s easy to install. This garage door opener features a heavy duty chain that’s designed to hold up to everyday usage without breaking.
This garage door opener from Genie has a chain drive design for durability and smooth opening. It’s designed for use with 7 foot doors and is compatible with most brands and models of garage doors.
- includes 2 remote controls for opening your garage
- has a strong 5-piece rail system that snaps together easily for installation without needing tools
- motor has 1/2 HP of power to open quickly
- comes with a wall panel to open or close the door from inside your garage
- affordable price when compared to other brands
- compatible with Home Link and Car2U
- doesn’t have a battery backup to use in case of power failure
- not compatible with your WiFi
This affordable garage door opener is designed for use with 7′ doors. You can also purchase an extension kit separately for use with 8′ doors. It includes a wall panel and 2 pre-programed remotes so you can easily open and close your doors as needed.
6. Chamberlain Group B730 Ultra-Quiet & Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
The Chamberlain Group B730 Ultra-Quiet & Strong garage door opener has a durable and long lasting belt drive design. This unit includes a backup battery so you can open and close your garage door during a power outage.
This garage door opener from Chamberlain has a powerful motor that operates quietly so you can use the unit any time of day or night without disturbing others. It’s made with quality materials and designed to last for many years.
- designed for use with 7′ garage doors
- comes with two 3-button remote controls
- actual rail length is 9.4′
- powerful motor raises and lowers doors quickly
- motor is ultra-quiet to prevent disturbing others
- remotes have a range up to 1,500 feet so you can open them sooner
- this garage door opener is pricier than some other options
- it doesn’t offer WiFi connectivity
This garage door opener from Chamberlain is quiet but powerful. It has 2 remote controls and a wall panel that allows you to open and close the door as needed. This unit is designed for use with 7′ garage doors.
5. LiftMaster Garage Door Opener
The LiftMaster Garage Door Opener is budget-friendly and easy to use. This compact panel is compatible with garage door openers and works with all LiftMaster openers manufactured since January 1993.
This panel is designed to allow you to open your garage door without using a remote control or key. It makes entry into your garage quick and easy. You can program the unit with your personal 4 digit code to gain access to your garage.
- easy to program
- unit is completely wireless and works off a 9-volt battery
- has a weatherproof flip-up cover to protect the unit from the elements
- easy to use and install
- keeps your garage secure
- backlit keypad makes it easy to see the numbers in the dark
- doesn’t include the garage door powering unit
- only compatible with LiftMaster garage door openers
This panel is designed to keep your garage secure while still allowing you to access the garage with your key code. This unit works with most LiftMaster garage door openers from 1993 and beyond. It’s easy to program and can be installed in minutes.
4.Chamberlain Group B550 Smartphone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet & Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
The Chamberlain Group B550 garage door opener can connect to your smart phone to allow you to open and close your garage door from anywhere. It connects to your home WiFi network easily so you can always check if you left the door.
This garage door opener from Chamberlain is ultra quiet so you can open and close the door anytime of day or night. The motor has 1/2 HP to open quickly and easily when you need it to.
- allows you to open and close your garage door from anywhere when it’s connected to your WiFi
- motor is powerful but still operates quietly
- Amazon Prime members can link their myQ account for delivery inside your garage in some areas
- steel reinforced belt is durable and designed to last
- motor operates quietly but efficiently
- remote range is up to 1,500 feet away
- compatible with 7′ doors, other sizes need the extension kit which has to be purchased separately
- this option has a higher price than some other garage door openers
This garage door opener from Chamberlain can be connected to your WiFi so you can control your garage door from anywhere using the app. It’s easy to install and is designed for use with 7′ garage doors.
3. Liftmaster 888LM Security+ 2.0 MyQ Wall Control
The Liftmaster 888LM wall control unit is designed to provide the upgrade needed to use Security+ 2.0 on older garage door openers that aren’t previously compatible. This unit is easy to program and use.
This panel from Liftmaster is ideal for those who want the latest in security technology without upgrading their entire garage door opener. It’s designed to upgrade previous models from 1998 and later.
- allows you to program your compatible remotes directly from the panel
- upgrades your garage door opener so you can control it with smart phones and other devices
- includes a button that allows you to choose for the door to close in 1 minute, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes
- can be programed in minutes
- unit is small and easy to install
- panel includes a light for convenience
- doesn’t function as a stand-alone garage door opener but is instead designed to be used with existing systems
- not compatible with all Liftmaster garage door openers
This wall panel from Liftmaster can upgrade your current garage door opener to give you more options when it comes to controlling your door. It can be used with your internet at home so you can control the door with your smart device.
2. Chamberlain Group C450 Smartphone-Controlled Durable Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
The Chamberlain Group C450 Smartphone-Controlled garage door opener has a durable and long-lasting chain drive mechanism. This unit allows you to control the door from anywhere.
This garage door opener from Chamberlain comes in a pewter color. It can connect to your WiFi at home to allow you to check your garage door when away to be sure your home is secure.
- compatible with the myQ app
- Amazon Prime members can use this device to have deliveries made inside their garage in some areas
- code encryption prevents hacking into the system
- unit is very secure
- includes remotes and a wall panel
- remotes have a long range and can work up to 1,500 feet away
- installation can prove difficult for those with no experience
- unit is louder than many other garage door openers
This garage door opener from Chamberlain can be connected to your WiFi so you can control the unit and use it with the myQ app. It comes with 2 long-range remote controls and a wall panel.
1. Chamberlain Group Chamberlain B970 Smartphone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet & Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
The Chamberlain Group Garage Door Opener has a quiet motor so you can use the unit any time of day or night without disturbing others in your home.
This garage door opener from Chamberlain has a durable design with maximum lifting power to open and close your garage door quickly. It’s easy to install and is compatible with most garage doors.
- works with Key by Amazon for in-garage delivery
- includes code encryption for security
- has anti-theft protection to prevent forced entry
- motor is quiet but powerful
- remotes can work up to 1,500 feet away
- motor has 1.25 HP which is higher than most other garage door openers
- this option is one of the pricier on the market
- connecting this unit to your WiFi can be challenging
This garage door opener has advanced technology that allows you to open and close your garage door from anywhere using the compatible app. It comes with a backup battery option for when the power goes out.
A good garage door opener should be secure and easy to use. There are many different options available and they come in a wide range of prices. When choosing the right garage door opener for your garage, it’s important to ensure that it will work with the doors you have installed. This can be challenging if you’re installing a system with older garage doors.
Most garage door openers are relatively easy to install although you may need to hire a professional if you’re knowledge of DIY projects is limited. If can be helpful to compare the different options available based on the price and features of each garage door opener. This can help you choose one that meets your needs and budget.
Another useful tip is to read the online reviews for the options you’re considering for purchase. These reviews can provide you with helpful information on the ease of installation, the quality, and the usefulness of each option so you can make the best choice.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.