The air quality inside your home can greatly affect your health, especially if you have allergies or sensitivities to dust or airborne pathogens. One of the best ways to keep the air inside your home fresh and healthy is to use an air purifier.
These devices are designed to clean the air inside your home. Many of them feature a HEPA filter which is powerful enough to remove most types of potentially harmful pathogens from the air.
When choosing an air purifier with a HEPA filter it’s important to consider the size of the space you’re going to use it in. Many of these air purifiers are designed to work in a specific space based on the square footage. Most modern air purifiers work quietly so as not to create disruptive noise in your home.
You can also compare the different available air purifiers available based on features and price, which is especially helpful if you’re working within a certain budget. The following is a list of the 10 best HEPA filter air purifiers based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B01CRA5WP8,B075ZZND8B,B07L9R9W8P,B00EIDFSE8,B06W54K29J,B01D8DAYII,B00BTKAPUU,B01JKDAN2M,B0788GPZPB,B004VGIGVY” /]
10. Dyson Pure Cool Link TP02 Wi-Fi Enabled Air Purifier
The Dyson Pure Cool Link Wi-Fi enabled air purifier is a dual function unit that can be used year-round. This unit works to purify the air in your home to reduce allergens and dust. It also acts as a fan to help keep you cool in warm weather.
This air purifier from Dyson includes advanced technology that increases it’s functionality and makes it easy to use. It features a powerful HEPA filter that can remove around 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns.
- filter contains activated carbon to reduce household odors
- unit has been certified as allergen and asthma friendly
- can connect to your Wi-Fi network
- compatible with Amazon Alexa
- features a night time mode and sleep time
- unit is easy to clean and maintain
- pricier than many other air purifiers
- replacement filters are pricey
This air purifier from Dyson is powerful and easy to use. You can connect the unit to your home Wi-Fi network which allows you to control it using a compatible device. It includes a HEPA filter which can remove dust, pollen, and allergens from the air inside your home.
9. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
The Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier can destroy many of the most common air pollutants. This unit works to remove pet dander, mold spores, bacteria, viruses, odors, dust mites, smoke, and volatile organic compounds.
This air purifier from Hathaspace can significantly improve the air conditions inside your home, which can lead to a healthier space for your family. It’s ideal for use in homes with pets to remove allergy inducing dander from the air.
- HEPA filter captures 99.97% of contaminants in the air
- features a UV-C light that can kill smaller viruses and bacteria
- can be used in small, medium, or large sized rooms
- has a control panel that’s simple to use
- can remove allergens to make your home healthier
- doesn’t require a lot of space for use
- not ideal for large open spaces
- unit is not Energy Star certified
This powerful air purifier from Hathaspace has intelligent technology that allows it to know when the air needs to be purified. You can also choose the run the machine constantly if you wish. It features a quiet mode for use at night so as not to disturb you while you sleep.
8. PARTU Air Purifier
The PARTU Air Purifier is designed to be 100% ozone free for those who are concerned about ozone levels inside their home. This compact machine is easy to use and doesn’t require much space for use or for storage when you not in use.
This air purifier from PARTU has several different modes to function in your home throughout the day and night without causing disruption. It also features a color changing feature around the top that allows you to choose from 7 different color options.
- has 4 different filter stages
- can remove pet hair and dander
- activated carbon helps remove odors
- can use with or without colored lights
- control panel makes it easy to choose among the different settings
- small and lightweight
- not designed for use in rooms over 160 square feet in size
- may be louder than some other purifiers
This compact air purifier from PARTU is designed for use in small spaces. It features a colored light option around the top so you can adjust the lights based on your mood. The powerful 4-stage filtration system removes most types of allergens and contaminants in the air.
7. Hamilton Beach TrueAir, Ultra Quiet Allergen Reducing Air Purifier
The Hamilton Beach TrueAir air purifier is a budget-friendly option for those looking to spend little on a versatile and functional purifier for the home or office. This unit is ultra quiet so as not to creative disturbing noise.
This air purifier from Hamilton Beach is available in black or white so you can choose the option that best matches your other decor. This unit is small and ideal for use in smaller rooms where you don’t have a lot of extra space for a large air purifier.
- includes a permanent HEPA filter
- can be used in rooms up to 160 square feet
- has 3 ultra quiet speed settings
- small and lightweight
- simple control knob makes it easy to change the settings
- HEPA filter can be vacuumed clean as needed
- not ideal for use in a large open room
- doesn’t use replacement filters
This small air purifier from Hamilton Beach is an affordable option that can work well in many spaces. It comes in black or white and includes a simple control knob. The unit works well to remove most types of airborne allergens.
6. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home
The LEVOIT Air Purifier for home use includes true HEPA filtration to help remove most airborne contaminants from your home. This unit can remove pet dander and odors, dust mites, pollen, and many other potentially harmful airborne pathogens like mold.
This air purifier from LEVOIT can be used in a small, medium, or large sized room. The unit is easy to use and has a simple control panel at the top with an LED display that makes it easy to see the settings, even in the dark.
- 100% ozone free
- allows you to turn off the LED lights for sleeping
- designed to operate quietly
- smart filter life allows you to know how long your filters will last
- can be used in a room up to 360 square feet
- quiet enough to use while sleeping
- replacement filters can be pricey
- filter change notification may come on earlier than needed
This air purifier from LEVOIT is compact but can still be used in large spaces. The unit has an LED display that can be turned off at night to prevent sleep disruption. It has a quiet motor that can run constantly without causing noise disturbance in your home.
5. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with true HEPA technology is designed to effectively and efficiently remove airborne contaminants from the air in your home. This unit captures around 99.97% of contaminants in the air and can remove allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
This air purifier from Winix includes a washable AOC carbon filter that prevents the need to buy replacement filters. It’s easy to remove and wash as needed to keep the air inside your home smelling fresh and free from potentially harmful allergens.
- activated carbon in filter removes odors
- emits no ozone
- has smart sensors to gauge the air condition in automatic mode
- features several different modes
- sleep mode operates silently at night
- can be used in spaces up to 360 square feet
- doesn’t include a remote control like some other pricier brands
- HEPA filter still needs to be replaced every 12 months
This air purifier from Winix is designed for use in spaces up to 360 square feet in size which makes it ideal for bedrooms, living rooms, and other spaces. This unit removes nearly all types of allergens from your home and also greatly reduces odors.
4. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
The Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier can be used in a small to large size space to efficiently remove allergens and other airborne contaminants. This unit is easy to use with a control panel on the top that allows you to adjust the various settings.
This air purifier from Coway is available in black or white. It is compact in size and ideal for tabletop use. The purifier has a 4-stage filtration system that works efficiently to remove 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns and larger.
- can be used in a space up to 361 square feet
- removes pollen, pollutants, and other airborne contaminants
- includes a 1 hour, 4 hour, or 8 hour timer options
- has several different speeds and modes to choose from
- small and lightweight
- includes a filter replacement indicator light
- unit is not 100% ozone free
- may be too loud for those sensitive to noises
This compact air purifier from Coway works well in spaces up to 361 square feet in size. This unit is easy to use and has different speeds and modes, along with timers so you can choose the option that best meets your needs based on the air quality conditions in your home.
3. Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
The Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA air purifier is designed to capture 99.97% of dust, allergens, pollen, and other air contaminants. This purifier also features a UV-C light that can be used to kill bacteria and viruses.
This air purifier from Pure Enrichment operates at a noise level of just 30 dB so you can use it throughout the day and night without being disturbed. It sanitizes the air to help you breath better and remove harmful pathogens that can affect your allergies.
- can be set up in seconds
- has a timer for 2, 4, or 8 hours of use
- UV light features destroys germs, viruses, bacteria, and fungi
- HEPA filter removes contaminants as small as 0.3 microns
- includes a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- has a simple control panel on the top
- filters may need replacing more often than other units
- not ideal for large spaces
This air purifier from Pure Enrichment also acts as an air sanitizer to remove potentially harmful pathogens from the air. The unit is easy to use and compact which makes it ideal for use in small to medium size rooms.
2. LEVOIT Air Purifier
The LEVOIT Air Purifier is ideal for removing many airborne contaminants from your home. This unit is specifically designed to remove the smell of smoke. It also works well to remove dust, mold spores, pollen, and other allergens.
This air purifier from LEVOIT is compact and easy to use. It works well in smaller spaces where you don’t need a large machine. It includes true HEPA filter technology that can remove particles as small as 0.3 microns to increase the air quality in your space.
- includes a 2 year warranty from the manufacturer
- simple controls on top of the unit allow you to adjust the settings
- has an optional night light
- great for use in homes with pets or smokers
- includes a 3 stage filtration system
- works at a noise level of 25 dB on lowest setting
- not powerful enough to work efficiently in a large room
- unit is not 100% ozone free
This compact air purifier from LEVOIT is designed to remove smoke, pet danger, allergens, and other contaminants from the air inside your home. The unit is easy to use and features an optional night light on the top. It operates quietly so as not to disturb you.
1. GermGuardian AC4825 22” 3-in-1 Full Room Air Purifier
The GermGuardian AC4825 22″ air purifier is designed to purify and sanitize the air in your home for a healthier air quality. This unit features optional UV-C light that can reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, germs, and mold spores.
This air purifier from GermGuardian is perfect for those who suffer from allergies or sensitivities related to pet danger, dust mites, mold spores, and other airborne contaminants. This unit works efficiently to clean up your air and remove odors.
- contains a charcoal filter to remove household odors
- can circulate the air in a room around 4 times per hour
- ideal for use in small to medium size rooms
- tower design doesn’t require much space for use
- HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne contaminants
- unit is Energy Star certified
- not ideal for use in spaces larger than 167 square feet
- filters need to be replaced frequently
This air purifier from GermGuardian also functions as an air sanitizer to increase the air quality in your home. This unit can remove tobacco smoke and pet odors. It also reduces pollen, dander, dust, and other contaminants in the air.
Using an air purifier that contains a HEPA filter is one of the most effective ways to improve the air quality in your home or business. These units can be beneficial to those with asthma or other sensitivities to airborne pathogens. They’re also ideal to help prevent allergic reactions to dust, hair, and pet dander. A HEPA filter is designed to be powerful enough to remove around 99% of the most common air contaminants.
Many HEPA filters can be removed from the air purifier to be rinsed so you don’t have to worry about constantly buying replacement filters. It’s helpful to read online consumer reviews when deciding which air purifier with a HEPA filter will best meet your needs. These reviews can provide you with information on the quality and ease of use of the available options so you can choose the best one.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.