If you enjoy camping and go frequently you may be searching for quality outdoor equipment that’s designed to last through many camping adventures. Some people are fine with camping with minimal equipment while others like to have some of the comforts of home while sleeping outdoors.
One of the best ways to be comfortable while camping is to invest in a quality air mattress. They come in different styles and sizes so you can find the one that best meets your needs.
Many air mattresses are also ideal for use in your home if you have guests but don’t have space to dedicate to a guest room with extra beds. They can also be used for sleepovers.
When choosing an air mattress it’s important to find one that’s easy to inflate and deflate. Some may actually include the pump needed for inflation. The following is a list of the 10 best air mattresses based on reviews by consumer report.
[amazon box=”B07FQCF425,B07DD7RYJK,B07GQQXJFN,B00AU6AVLW,B07LCBRQK5,B07MQK6KTJ,B07F3DNVFS,B07F3QF2MQ,B075G3586V,B07H5PJZ6J” /]
10. Air Mattress Queen Size Airbed
The AirExpect airbed is a queen size air mattress that sits you up off the floor for comfort and support. This air mattress features enhanced technology that provides you with a similar feeling of sleeping on a traditional mattress.
This air mattress from AirExpect has a height of 19″ which makes it easy to get into bed and out of bed since you’re not laying near the floor. The unit is made of durable materials and includes a 2 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- has a maximum weight capacity of 650 pounds
- quilted top gives the feeling of a standard mattress
- includes 40 air coils to provide support
- has a builtin electric pump
- can inflate or deflate in around 5 minutes
- top is sueded and waterproof
- mattress may have a PVC odor when first used
- not ideal for extremely tall people
This air mattress from AirExpect works well for camping, sleepovers, or any situation where you need extra sleeping space. It includes an internal electric pump so you never have to worry about losing it. The mattress inflates and deflates in minutes for easy setup and storage.
9. Zoetime Twin Size Air Mattress
The Zoetime Twin Size Air Mattress has a convenient setup that helps to save you time when you’re inflating the mattress and preparing it for use. This mattress is ideal for guests in your home or for use during camping.
This air mattress from Zoetime includes a built-in electric pump which makes it quick and easy to inflate or deflate. It includes a simple control dial for inflating or deflating the mattress and the entire process can be completed in 3 to 4 minutes.
- mattress has a maximum weight limit of 300 pounds
- power cord can be removed and stored away when not in use
- soft top helps keep sheets in place
- air can be easily adjusted for preferred firmness level
- includes a storage bag
- mattress can be wiped clean as needed
- small size only works for kids, teens, or smaller adults
- pump will generate heat if not turned off after a certain time
This air mattress from Zoetime is versatile and easy to use. It comes in a twin size which makes it work well for sleepovers or for camping with children and teens. The internal electric pump allows you to quickly and easily inflate and deflate the mattress.
8. BAYKA Twin Air Mattress
The BAYKA Twin Air Mattress has an elevated design that allows you to be 18″ off the ground when the unit is fully inflated. This twin air mattress includes a 2 year return and refund promise from the manufacturer, along with lifetime after-sales service.
This air mattress from BAYKA can support a maximum weight of 300 pounds. It can be used as an extra guest bed in your home or for camping. The mattress features inner-coil airbeam construction to provide plenty of support.
- includes a storage bag
- has an optional manual valve
- builtin electric pump makes it easy to inflate and deflate
- on-board storage for cord when not in use
- can inflate or deflate in minutes with included pump
- non-skid bottom keeps the mattress from moving around
- included power cord isn’t very long so you may need an extension cord
- may have a smell when first removed from the packaging
This air mattress from BAYKA in twin size is ideal for sleepovers or camping trips. It includes a builtin electric air pump so you can inflate and deflate the unit easily. The power cord also has on-board storage so you don’t have to worry about losing it.
7. Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo
This camping combo from Coleman includes a cot, air mattress, and pump. This is ideal for camping beginners who are trying to accumulate the basics when it comes to camping gear. This cot and mattress can also be used at home for extra guest sleeping.
This camping set from Coleman provides what you need for a comfortable night’s sleep while camping. The mattress includes airtight technology that helps prevent it from leaking. The included cot has a sturdy design that support up to 600 pounds.
- includes a battery operated pump
- cot has a steel frame for durability
- can be used indoors or outdoors
- set includes most of what you need for comfortable camping
- air mattress features coil support to simulate the feeling of a traditional mattress
- airbed and cot are elevated
- set is pricier when compared to buying just the air mattress
- included air pump is not internal like some other options
This camping set includes the elevated cot, matching air mattress, and air pump. The cot and mattress can be used indoors for sleepovers or to add extra sleeping space to your home. It’s also ideal for those who enjoy camping and like to have a sleeping setup similar to the comfort and support of a traditional bed.
6. Queen Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
This queen size air mattress with builtin pump from OlarHike is big enough for 2 adults to use comfortably. The mattress is made from eco-friendly materials. It has a soft top that helps keep sheets in place and also includes a skid-proof bottom.
The OlarHike queen size air mattress works well for camping or to add extra sleeping space inside your home for guests. It has an elevated design that makes it easy to get on and off the mattress since you’re not laying so close to the floor.
- includes a 2 year manufacturer’a warranty
- builtin pump makes setup quick and easy
- flocked top allows you to use the mattress with or without sheets
- inflates and deflates quickly and easily
- has upgraded seams for durability
- easy to wipe clean as needed
- might be too large for tent camping
- textured top may feel too warm for some people if you’re not using a sheet
This queen size air mattress from OlarHike is large enough for two adults to sleep on it. The mattress is made from durable PVC with welded seams that are designed to last. It comes with a carrying bag for use when traveling or for storage.
5. Cumbor Twin XL Air Mattress
The Cumbor Twin XL Air Mattress includes a builtin pump which makes it quick and easy to setup for use. This air mattress is longer than a traditional twin which would be ideal for one adult or teenager to sleep on comfortably.
This twin XL air mattress from Cumbor has an elevated design so you don’t feel like you’re sleeping on the floor. The quilted top is soft and adds an element of comfort while also giving you the option to use a sheet or use the mattress without a sheet.
- includes a 2 year guarantee from the manufacturer
- has controls for inflation or deflation
- cord can be stored away when not in use
- comfortable and elevated to provide support
- easy to clean and maintain
- can be used for camping or to provide extra space for guests
- can be difficult to fold for storage
- may give off a slight plastic-like smell when first removed from packaging
This air mattress from Cumbor works well for providing an extra sleeping space in your home, or for camping. It includes a builtin air pump that allows you to inflate or deflate the mattress in minutes. It’s made of durable materials with strong seams that are leak resistant.
4. Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
The Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam airbed has a unique design that helps replicate the comfort and support you get when sleeping on a traditional mattress. This unit can be used at home for guest sleeping space or while camping.
This air mattress from Intex is a budget-friendly option that’s easy to setup whether you’re using it indoors or outdoors. It comes with an internal pump that allows you to quickly and easily inflate or deflate the mattress in just minutes.
- queen size with height of 18″
- builtin 120V pump works on standard outlets
- soft flocked surface for comfort
- can be used with or without bed sheets
- elevated surface makes it easy to get into and out of the airbed
- lower priced than many other brands of air mattresses
- can be difficult to fold to fit into the storage bag
- mattress may not feel as stable as some sturdier air mattresses
This air mattress from Intex is ideal for those seeking extra sleeping options on a budget. It can be used indoors or outdoors. The unit is made from a durable material and includes a storage bag for travel or to put away when it’s not needed. The soft top allows you to use it with or without a queen sheet.
3. Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
The Intex Comfort Plush Mid-Rise Dura-Beam Airbed comes in a full size. This air mattress has a height of 13″ when fully inflated which is ideal for camping or for use at home as extra sleeping space for guests. It can be used indoors or outdoors.
This air mattress from Intex has a budget-friendly price when compared to many other air mattresses. It includes a builtin 110-120V pump that allows you to easily inflate and deflate the mattress anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet.
- can be fully inflated in around 3 minutes
- has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds
- includes a carrying bag for storage or travel
- easy to inflate or deflate with the switch of a button
- can be folded away for storage
- unique edge construction makes for a more stable air mattress
- not as elevated as some other air mattresses
- folding the mattress to fit into the bag can be challenging
This air mattress from Intex is affordable and versatile. It can be used for camping or inside your home for sleepovers. The mattress has a soft top so you can use a sheet with it without worrying about the sheet slipping off the mattress while you’re sleeping.
2. King Koil Twin Size Upgraded Luxury Raised Air Mattress
The King Koil Twin Size Luxury Raised Air Mattress includes a convenient builtin pump so you never have to worry about finding the pump when you want to use your air mattress. It’s made of durable materials and includes a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
This air mattress from King Koil comes in a twin size and features advanced coil technology to provide you with a similar feeling to sleeping on a traditional mattress. It’s designed to inflate in around 90 seconds to save time and effort.
- quilted top for comfort
- air filled coils help support the entire body while you sleep
- has a 20″ height when fully inflated
- height makes it easy to get into and out of the bed
- can be used with or without sheets
- is well-made and designed to be resistant to losing air
- higher price than many other twin size air mattresses
- not ideal for those who are taller than average
This air mattress from King Koil works for camping or for use inside your home. It features inner air spring technology to give you the support you have with a traditional mattress. It includes an internal pump that makes inflation and deflation a breeze.
1. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
The SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress features the brand’s ComfortCoil technology to provide support to the body while you sleep. This helps prevent pain and fatigue that can come from sleeping on an uncomfortable air mattress.
This air mattress from SoundAsleep in twin size is ideal for camping or for sleepovers. The mattress includes a high capacity internal pump so you can quickly inflate or deflate the mattress for use or for storage.
- includes a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
- textured bottom prevents the unit from moving around
- has 21 internal air coils
- can be fully inflated in 3 minutes
- switches easily from inflation to deflation mode
- extra thick top is waterproof
- doesn’t fold as compactly as some other air mattresses
- higher price than many similar twin air mattresses
This air mattress from SoundAsleep has a convenient builtin air pump so you can inflate the mattress in around 3 minutes. It features raised sides to help you feel secure when sleeping on the mattress. It has a soft top so you can you the mattress with or without sheets.
Most air mattresses are made of durable materials to be able to withstand wear and tear from frequent outdoor usage. Some may include patch kits to use in case your mattress does get a small hole or tear. If you’re looking for an air mattress for camping, you’ll likely want to find one that’s easy to fold so it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
Air mattresses come in many different sizes so you can choose the one that will fit in your space, whether that’s a tent or a room in your home. Some air mattresses are designed to sit higher off the floor which can be ideal for adults who may struggle with getting onto a low mattress.
One of the best ways to get the most out of your money when purchasing an air mattress is to read online consumer reviews on the mattresses you’re considering for purchase. These reviews can give you objective information to help you find one that’s well made and designed to last.