Outdoor maintenance on your home is time consuming and can be expensive if you try to hire professionals. Cleaning gutters is a necessary task that most people simply don’t look forward to doing. There are ways to decrease the amount of time you have to spend on removing leaves and other debris from your gutters. By installing leaf guards, you can make the gutter cleaning process much quicker and easier.
Leaf guards for gutters are designed to catch leaves in specific areas to prevent your gutters from clogging. They are especially useful for those who have a lot of large trees near their home. Most leaf guards are relatively easy to install and affordable. The following is a list of the 10 best leaf guards based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B074PBDTJJ,B00FUAUH9Y,B07L3PNNZ8,B00DMOJK7A,B07QRYW9FB,B01BVDEXYI,B00NOMJ1UG,B00P4RZCPC,B07H4VTFQS,B071HSJBY3″ /]
10. Gutter Guard 3 Inch Expand Aluminum Filter Strainer
The Gutter Guard 3″ expand filter and strainer is made from durable materials and is easy to install. This unit can be installed in seconds on nearly any down pipe to help prevent clogs.
These leaf strainers from Gutter Guard come in a pack of 4. They can be used to keep leaves, moss, twigs, and other fallen debris from getting into your downpipes and causing clogs.
- installs easily without tools
- made of weatherproof and waterproof aluminum
- 3″ size fits over most downpipes
- can be installed in seconds
- non-corrosive material won’t rust
- helps keep rodents from nesting in your gutters and pipes
- only designed for use over downpipes rather than the entire gutter
- not ideal for those with lots of smaller debris like seeds and pine needles
This set of 4 downspout filters can be installed easily to help prevent clogs and reduce your maintenance time. They fit over most standard pipes and are installed without needing tools.
9. FlexxPoint 30 Year Gutter Cover System
The FlexxPoint gutter cover system is designed to cover the entire area of your gutters to keep them free of leaves, sticks, and other debris.
These gutter guards are ideal for those with lots of trees close to their house. They can be used on any color of gutter and come in several color options to match.
- available in black, brown, matte, and white
- allow for high volume water flow
- include stainless steel installation fasteners
- can be installed in minutes
- prevent most clogs to cut down on maintenance time
- can’t be seen from the ground
- holes may not allow water to seep through in extremely wet conditions
- can be difficult to install with certain types of gutter braces
This set of gutter guards are made from commercial grade materials. They are designed to be compatible with most types of gutters and come in several color options to match your gutters.
8. Gutter Guard 3 Inch 304 Stainless Steel Filter Strainer
The Gutter Guard 3″ 304 stainless steel filter and strainer is also available in a 2″ size. This guards are designed to fit over your downspouts to keep leaves and other debris out to prevent clogging.
This set of 4 gutter guards are made of durable materials to stand up to being outdoors in all types of weather. They stop seedlings, sticks, and leaves to allow water to flow freely.
- can be used on holes fro 2.5″ to 3.7″
- made of durable 304 stainless steel
- can be shaped for fitting different types of downspouts
- easy to install
- don’t look unsightly like some other guards
- the top guard helps keep needles out
- won’t be enough to keep you entire gutters clean due to their design
- large openings can allow more smaller pieces of debris through when compared to similar guards
This set of 4 gutter guards are designed to be placed over your downspouts to cut down on clogs. They are easy to install and can be fitted to different size pipes for a secure fit.
7. FlexxPoint 30 Year Gutter Cover System
The FlexxPoint 30 year gutter cover system is well-made and designed to last. This set of gutter guards come in several colors that can match the color of your gutters.
These gutter guards are very effective but are virtually invisible from the ground so they don’t negatively effect the look of the outside of your home.
- guards come in white, black, brown, and matte
- designed to allow high volume water flow
- made of durable aluminum
- easy to install with included stainless steel fasteners
- installation of these guards doesn’t void your roof warranty
- come in easy to handle 4 foot sections
- may cause overspill of water in extreme conditions
- not ideal for those who get a lot of heavy snow and ice in the winter
This set of gutter guards come in 4 color options. The guards are designed to catch all types of debris to prevent clogs in your gutters. They can also greatly cut down on the cleaning and maintenance time required.
6. Gutter Guard 2 Inch 304 Stainless Steel Filter Strainer
These gutter guards are designed for use on smaller size downpipes to prevent leaves and other debris from clogging the pipes. They are easy to install on most downspouts.
This set of 2″ gutter guards includes 4 individual guards. They can significantly cut down on clogs that come from sticks, pine needles, leaves and other debris in your gutters and pipes.
- designed for use on holes from 1.6″ to 2.5″
- can be adjusted slightly for a custom fit
- top panel helps keep even small debris from getting into the downspout
- allows water to continue to flow freely
- can be installed in minutes without tools
- include a 60 day warranty from the manufacturer
- not ideal for use in large spouts
- even with these installed on all your downspouts, you still need to clean your gutters regularly
This set of guards is designed to fit over your downspouts to reduce clogging. They come in a set of 4 and are made from durable stainless steel and designed to last.
5. E-Z-GUTTER GUARD EZ-Quick-10 Gutter Guard
The E-Z-GUTTER GUARD is designed to keep your gutters clear of sticks, leaves, and other debris. The guards have larger holes than some other options to allow for better water flow.
This gutter guard comes in 4 foot sections. The sections are lightweight enough to be easy to install while still being durable and able to stand up to all types of weather.
- each section is notched with a 3/4″ overlap
- tight mesh keeps most debris out of your gutters
- tension-engineered to stay in place even during high winds and heavy rain
- made of durable aluminum
- easy to install on most gutters
- snaps off easily for gutter maintenance
- not designed for use on plastic gutters
- may not be invisible from the ground
This set of gutter guard pieces come in 4 foot sections for quick and easy installation. These guards are designed to be used on 5″ k-style residential gutters. They can easily be removed for cleaning your gutters as needed.
4. GutterStuff Guard
The GutterStuff Guard is made from durable foam and can be used year-round to protect your gutters from leaves, sticks, and other debris to help cut down on cleaning and maintenance.
This gutter guard helps prevent clogs and can also reduce standing water in your gutters to prevent mosquitoes from breeding in the gutters around your home.
- lightweight and easy to install
- fits completely inside the gutter so it can’t be seen
- includes a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- allows large volumes of water through without letting debris collect in your gutters
- 5″ width fits most standard residential gutters
- makes gutter maintenance safe and easy
- foam may not last as long as aluminum gutter guards
- water may overflow the gutters in extreme conditions
This set of gutter guards from GutterStuff comes in several size options to fit most types of gutters. The foam is easy to install and can be done without tools.
3. Amerimax Home Products 636025 Lock-In Gutter Guard
The Amerimax Home Products gutter guards come in a pack of 25. These guards are made of durable materials and are black in color so they can be used on different colors of gutters without clashing.
This set of gutter guards are affordable and easy to use. They work well to keep leaves, seeds, sticks, and other debris from collecting in your gutters and causing clogs.
- compatible with 4″, 5″, and 6″ gutters
- designed to be used with steel or aluminum gutters
- made from durable powder coated steel
- can be installed quickly and easily
- work with different types and sizes of gutters
- designed to stand up to the elements
- not designed for use with plastic gutters
- small mesh may not allow water to flow freely during extreme conditions
This set of 25 gutter guards can be used on steel or aluminum gutters. The guards are covered in a rust-resistant finish so you don’t have to worry about them breaking down from being exposed to the elements.
2. Raptor Gutter Guard
The Raptor Gutter Guard is made from contractor grade materials and designed to last. These guards are designed to keep out even the smallest debris to prevent clogs
This gutter guard set is easy to install and can be done by anyone. These pieces of gutter guard are designed to fit most types of standard gutters easily.
- fits a standard 5″ gutter
- comes in a box with 48′ total
- stainless steel micro mesh is durable
- installation process is quick and easy
- small holes in mesh keep out event the smallest pieces of debris
- won’t void your roof warranty
- pricier than many other gutter guards
- may be visible from the ground once installed
This set of gutter guards are made of contractor grade stainless steel. The guards include the hardware needed for installation. The micro mesh helps keep all types of debris from settling into your gutters.
1. A-M Aluminum Gutter Guard
The A-M gutter guards are made from durable but lightweight aluminum. This helps make the pieces easier to handle during the installation process.
These gutter guards come in several sets so you can choose the sizes that best meet your needs. All of these guards are designed to fit on gutters that are 5″ wide.
- guards have a mill finish
- designed specifically for use with hidden hangers
- easy to install
- have tabs for seamless joints
- are virtually invisible from the ground
- include a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- expensive when compared to many other gutter guard sets
- may not be compatible with some types of gutters
This set of gutter guards come in several length options. They are all designed to fit on most standard 5″ gutters. The guards are made from durable aluminum that can stand up to any type of weather.
When shopping for leaf guards to use on your home, it’s important to be aware of the type of gutters you have and the sizes. Many leaf guards are universal and can be used on nearly any type of gutter. Be sure to choose leaf guards that are durable and made from strong materials as they will be subjected to rain, wind, and other harsh weather throughout the year. The installation process should also be an important consideration when choosing the best leaf guards for use on your home.
Cleaning gutters is a necessary task for basic home maintenance. By installing leaf guards on your gutters you can greatly decrease the time and effort you have to put into keeping your gutters free of leaves. Most leaf guards are affordable and are well worth the money when you consider how beneficial they are. It’s helpful to read online consumer reviews when shopping for leaf guards as these reviews can provide you with useful information on the options you’re considering for purchase.