As autumn approaches and the weather begins to turn cold, you may be looking for easy ways to heat up the rooms in your home. A space heater is ideal for heating 1 room as you need it. They don’t require installation like other heating systems and they can be easily stored away once warm weather returns.
Space heaters are great for use throughout the fall and winter months. If you live in a drafty home with poor insulation, you tend to be colder than others in your home, or you just like to heat rooms as needed, you can benefit from the use of a space heater. They come in various sizes with different features. The following is a list of the 10 best space heaters based on reviews by consumer report.
[amazon box=”B07V847P3H,B07G729R8X,B000N22JX6,B003XDTWN2,B01L1O7MPE,B002QZ11J6,B07DX1L64X,B07W4SN7N7,B000TTV2QS,B006JV24IU” /]
10. Ceramic Space Heater
The Ceramic Space Heater from Mulandd is compact and ideal for use on top of a desk or table. It has several modes that makes it functional for year-round use.
This compact heater is designed to heat up your space quickly. It’s designed to be safe with an automatic shutoff feature when it gets knocked over. It also turns itself off to prevent overheating.
- includes a summer mode with a fan function
- has 2 cold weather modes with low or high heat
- comes with an adjustable thermostat
- has a wider heating area than other similarly sized space heaters
- various modes mean you can use this unit all year
- ceramic heating elements heat up quickly
- not designed for use in high humidity spaces like bathrooms or laundry rooms
- unit may emit a slight odor when first used due to packing materials
This compact space heater from Mulandd works well on a desk or table top. The heater is compact but powerful for its size. It has 3 different modes, one of which can be used in warm weather to help circulate air.
9. Ceramic Space Heater
The ASTERION space heater has a digital LED display that shows you the exact temperature and also indicates the mode the unit is operating in. This unit features 5 different modes for use in different seasons.
This space heater from ASTERION uses ceramic heating technology to heat up quickly and to heat your room efficiently. It can be used in a bedroom, office, or other space where you need extra warmth.
- includes a mini remote control
- has an ECO mode to save power
- oscillation helps heat an entire room
- you can set a low and high temperature so it comes on and goes off automatically
- tip over protection prevents fires if the unit gets turned over
- has a portable handle for moving it around your home as needed
- not designed for use in a humid room
- unit is capable of warming large spaces
This space heater from ASTERION has a compact design with a handle on the back for portability. It has several modes, including a freeze mode that’s designed to prevent your space from dropping below 45 degrees.
8. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
The Lasko Design Series Ceramic Space Heater is perfect for anyone looking for a stylish and functional heater. This one has a unique look that makes it ideal for use in an office or other space where a traditional heater doesn’t fit with the decor.
This beautiful heater from Lasko brings style and function to your rooms. It has several different functions so you can use it to quickly and efficiently heat many spaces.
- includes a built in timer
- has an easy to read LED screen that allows you to see the exact temperature
- timer can be programed from 1 hour to 7 hours
- temperatures range from 60 degrees F to 85 degrees F
- includes overheat protection
- heater sits on a decorative stand which helps it blend into to your other decor
- not designed to heat large rooms
- the unit has a loud beep that happens when you change the settings
This space heater from Lasko has a stylish design that works well to heat your room. It comes with a remote control so you can adjust the settings from anywhere in the room. This heater has several heat settings and a programmable thermostat.
7. Lasko Model 100 MyHeat Personal Space Heater
The Lasko Model 100 MyHeat space heater is compact and lightweight so you can easily move it around as needed. This personal heater is perfect for use in an office or bedroom.
This space heater from Lasko is affordable and easy to use. It has a simple design with a power switch that makes it easy to turn the unit on or off. It’s also safe to use.
- low power usage won’t significantly increase your power costs
- uses only 200 watts of power
- builtin fan distributes heat evenly
- includes overheat protection for safety
- comes fully assembled so you can use it right out of the box
- ceramic heating elements heat up quickly
- unit is very small and not designed for open spaces
- doesn’t include a remote control
This ceramic heater from Lasko is perfect for use in small spaces. It’s easy to use with very simple controls. The heater provides 200 watts of power and can heat up small rooms quickly.
6. 700W/1500W Ceramic Space Heater
This ceramic space heater from Brightown is affordable and versatile for use in many spaces. The heater has a portable design with a handle on the top so you can move it around easily.
This portable ceramic space heater has a safe design so you don’t have to worry about fires from tipping over or overheating. It’s great for use in a bedroom, home office, or other small to medium size room.
- includes 3 settings: high, low, and fan
- designed to be powerful but quiet
- automatically turns off when the unit is tilted for safety
- shuts off when it reaches a certain temperature to prevent overheating
- works very quietly so you can use it without noise disruption
- includes a 1 year quality guarantee from the manufacturer
- shouldn’t be used in a humid or damp space
- may have a chemical smell during the first few uses
This heater from Brightown has simple controls so you can adjust it easily. It’s small and includes a handle on the top for portability. This heater features 3 different settings.
5. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
The Dr Infrared Heater is portable and powerful. This space heater uses infrared technology to heat up larger spaces than most other space heaters can.
This powerful space heater from Dr Infrared Heater includes an Auto Energy Saving technology with high and low modes. This heater is also safe to use and comes with overheat protection.
- uses a standard 3-prong outlet
- has a thermostat that ranges from 50 to 86 degrees F
- comes with a remote control
- can heat a space up to 1000 square feet
- blower is powerful but still quiet during operation
- comes with a 12 hour automatic shutoff feature
- unit is heavier than many other space heaters
- has a higher price than most other options
This space heater features infrared technology that works to heat up quickly. It can be used in rooms up to 1000 square feet. The heater is very powerful when compared to others but also operates quietly.
4. andily Space Heater
The andily space heater comes fully assembled and ready to use out of the box. This heater is small in design and has a handle on the top so you can easily move around.
This portable space heater has 3 modes. High heat mode provides 1500 watts of heating power, low heat mode provides 750 watts of heating power, and the fan mode can be used to circulate air.
- has a power indicator light that tells you when the unit is plugged in
- automatic overheat system shuts the unit off if it gets too hot
- simple controls on the top allow you to adjust the heat or switch modes
- compact design
- affordable price
- builtin safety feature makes the unit shutoff if it gets turned over
- not designed to heat medium or large size spaces
- doesn’t have a digital thermostat
This space heater from andily is small and budget-friendly. It has 3 modes, including one mode with just a fan, so you can easily use the unit any time of year.
3. 1500W / 750W Ceramic Space Heater
The ceramic space heater from GiveBest has a safe design so you don’t have to worry about the unit overheating and causing a fire. It automatically turns off it tips over or it the unit gets too hot.
This heater from GiveBest has the following 3 modes: 1500W, 750W, and cool blow fan. This means you can easily use the unit throughout all the seasons to heat or cool your space.
- heater is ETL certified
- includes a 1 year guarantee from the manufacturer
- includes an adjustable thermostat control
- small size makes it ideal for use in an office or bedroom
- heater controls are simple
- not ideal for use in medium to large size rooms
- doesn’t include a remote control
This compact heater is easy to use and has a dial on the top to adjust the thermostat. It has 3 different modes, 2 for heat and 1 for cool, so you can use the heater throughout the year.
2. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater
The Lasko 755320 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater includes a remote control so you an adjust the settings easily from across the room. This heater has ceramic heating elements that heat up quickly to spread warmth throughout your space.
This space heater from Lasko has a tower shape which makes it ideal for use in smaller rooms. It comes fully assembled so you can use it right out of the box.
- has a carrying handle on the top
- oscillation feature helps the heat spread throughout the room
- remote control allows you to easily adjust the settings
- tower design means you can use it in small space
- you can store the remote on the back of the heater so you never lose it
- it’s ETL listed for safety
- not ideal for use in large rooms
- may operate more loudly than other heaters
This tower space heater from Lasko includes a remote control that has onboard storage. This unit has a digital thermostat readout so you can adjust the temperature to your exact preferences.
1. Lasko 5409 Ceramic Portable Space Heater
The Lasko 5409 Ceramic Portable Space Heater feature widespread oscillation to help spread the heat around quickly. The ceramic heating elements are designed to heat in a fast and efficient manner.
This heater from Lasko is small but powerful. It’s ideal for use on a tabletop or desk and can be used in most small spaces. The heater comes fully assembled and ready for use.
- has a convenient carrying handle on top
- the adjustable thermostat lets you choose a comfortable temperature
- has 3 different settings
- can be used on high heat, low heat, or as a fan to circulate air
- has a heating coverage of up to 300 square feet
- unit is ETL listed
- doesn’t include a remote control
- there’s no digital readout for you to know the exact temperature
This space heater from Lasko is compact and includes a handle for portability. It’s perfect for use in rooms that are smaller than 300 square feet.
Space heaters are designed to heat 1 room at a time. Some can heat larger rooms while others are designed for use in small spaces. When choosing a space heater it’s important to consider safety. Most are designed to automatically turn off if they tip over or if they get too hot.
When choosing a space heater you should consider the prices and features of the different options. If you’re on a budget there are plenty of budget friendly options. There are also some pricier space heaters with advanced heaters like timers or programming options that make them more functional in your home.
When choosing the right space heater it’s important to find one that heats up your room quickly. Efficiency may also be a consideration if you’re trying to save money on your power bill. Some space heaters can be very cost effective when it comes to heating smaller homes and individual rooms.
You may want to read online consumer reviews before purchasing your space heater. These reviews can help you choose the best option based on quality and price.