Keeping up with your laundry routine can be time consuming and difficult. If you ever find yourself behind on putting your clothes away, you may realize that they’re much more wrinkled than expected. This can result from sitting in a basket for a period of time without being folded.
Wrinkled clothes, whether it’s from not being put away or just fabrics that wrinkle easily, are frustrating to deal with. Using a regular iron on your clothes can be very time consuming, plus irons can be damaging to certain types of fabrics. A steam iron is the ideal way to keep your clothes and other fabrics free of wrinkles.
A steam iron has a similar design to a standard iron but it uses gentle steam to remove wrinkles. This heat isn’t as damaging as dry heat and can actually work better on some types of fabrics to remove tough wrinkles.
There are many options of steam irons available for purchase. And they come in a wide range of prices with different features. The following is a list of the 10 best steam irons by consumer guide.
[amazon box=”B07DXB2VWD,B07JLRGN8M,B07CD62S6M,B071HFP57N,B01N6V50EQ,B071P8VSWM,B00CLD39C0,B004ILTH1K,B01BMCKOW8,B0727LN7CC” /]
10. Rowenta DW9250 1750Watt Steam Iron
The Rowenta DW9250 1750Watt Steam Iron has 70 steam holes to release a significant amount of steam at once for efficiency. This iron is made with durable materials and has a stainless soleplate to prevent snags and damage to your clothing.
This steam iron from Rowenta has an 84″ electrical cord which helps you move around easily while you’re ironing without getting tangled or running out of cord. The iron is fairly lightweight, even when full or water, which makes it easier to use.
- vertical steaming capability for hanging items like curtains or suits
- self-cleaning function to reduce maintenance
- 3-way auto shutoff for safety
- has powerful variable steam or burst of steam to work on different fabrics
- anti-scale feature extends the life of the iron
- precision tip makes it easy to iron small areas
- smaller than some other steam irons so it can take longer to do large jobs
- it’s hard to see the water level remaining inside the iron
This steam iron from Rowenta can be used vertically or horizontally for ironing different fabrics and clothing items. The iron can be used with or without water depending on the material you’re ironing. It has a self-cleaning feature and prevents the buildup of minerals to reduce the time spent on maintenance.
9. Utopia Home Steam Iron with Nonstick Soleplate
The Utopia Home Steam Iron with Nonstick Soleplate is a compact and affordable iron for those seeking a basic iron that has steaming abilities. This iron is lightweight and would work well for travel as it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
This budget-friendly steam iron from Utopia Home has a dry ironing function for materials that benefit from dry heat. It has a 200ml water tank that can help you steam wrinkles from delicate fabrics. The iron is equipped with a soleplate that won’t snag on delicate materials.
- 360 degree swivel cord for easy ironing
- cord length is 2 meters long
- overheat protection means you don’t have to worry about safety issues with the iron
- small and lightweight
- variable steam control works well for different fabrics
- the adjustable thermostat helps prevent damage to delicate clothing
- smaller ironing plate means longer to iron large items
- water tank has less capacity that many larger irons
This steam iron from Utopia Home is small and works well for travel. The iron has the ability to provide you with vertical steam so you can remove wrinkles from curtains or hanging items like dresses and suits. The iron is lightweight and easy to use so you never have to worried about wrinkled clothing.
8. Maytag Speed Heat Steam Iron
The Maytag Speed Heat Steam Iron is designed to heat up faster than many other similar irons. This standard steam iron is also able to perform vertical steaming so you can use it for formal wear, delicate fabrics, and upholstery items.
This budget friendly steam iron from Maytag has a stainless steel soleplate to prevent snagging on delicate materials. The iron is designed with perfect steam distribution so you don’t have to worry about damaging your clothes from uneven steam.
- precision thermostat to iron many different fabrics
- ergonomic soft grip makes vertical steaming quick and easy
- steam can generate in as little as 3 seconds after heating up to save time
- irons heats up in around 40 seconds
- low power consumption
- anti-wrinkle spray removes wrinkles faster
- smaller water reservoir than similar size irons
- filling up the iron while hot can prove difficult
This steam iron from Maytag can be used for dry ironing, steam ironing, or vertical steaming. This versatile iron is lightweight and fairly small compared to others. It is designed to heat up in less than a minute and provide steam quickly to save time.
7. Beautural 1800-Watt Steam Iron with LCD Screen
The Beautural 1800-Watt Steam Iron with LCD Screen makes this iron very easy to use and change the settings for different fabrics. The LCD screen lets you choose from among the 9 different settings that are designed to give you the right heat for the specific material you’re ironing.
This technologically advanced iron has the following preset modes: nylon, cotton, silk, wool, jeans, linen, and more. The iron is ideal for those who have a lot of different types of clothing that needs different steam and heat settings to remove wrinkles.
- double ceramic coated soleplate protects fabrics
- iron has a design that evenly distributes heat and steam
- equipped with self-cleaning system for little maintenance
- includes a 2 year warranty from the manufacturer
- iron is easy to use and has many preset functions
- anti-calcium function removes mineral deposits to extend the life of the iron
- iron is heavy and can be tiring to use
- small water opening makes refilling the tank messy
This steam iron from Beautural can be used for dry or steam ironing to remove wrinkles from many types of fabrics. The preset temperature and steam controls help protect your clothing from damage due to excessive steam or temperatures.
6. Shark Professional Steam Iron
The Shark Professional Steam Iron is a budget-friendly iron with a 7″ soleplate. This iron is relatively small and works well for travel or for doing your everyday ironing at home. This iron can also be used vertically on drapes and hanging garments.
This compact iron from Shark is affordable and easy to use. It comes equipped with Intelligent Electronic Technology that automatically turns the iron off from any angle. This technology prevents the iron from overheating which can cause damage to your clothes or safety issues.
- button-fit tip for ironing small areas
- powerful steam for horizontal or vertical steaming
- smooth gliding to prevent snags on delicate fabrics
- stainless steel soleplate is durable and smooth for easy ironing
- anti-drip feature prevents dripping onto your clothes
- holes are designed to provide even distribution of steam
- smaller size means it takes longer to remove wrinkles from large garments
- steam button isn’t extremely durable
This affordable and compact iron from Shark can be used to dry iron or steam iron clothing, curtains, and other items. It has several different settings for temperatures to work on different types of fabrics. The iron is lightweight and ideal for travel.
5. BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron
The BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron is a basic iron that’s affordable and functional. This steam iron has easy glide technology to prevent snagging on thin or delicate fabrics. The iron also has a nonstick finish that makes it easy to remove wrinkles from your clothes quickly.
This iron can do steam ironing or dry ironing to work well for many different fabrics. It has an intuitive temperature dial and fabric guide to help you choose the right settings for different materials. This feature helps prevent damage to your clothing and other items.
- has a groove at the tip that makes it easy to iron around buttons and seams
- prevents dripping by regulating the water temperature
- glides easily to remove wrinkles quickly to save time
- has 7 temperature settings to work for many fabrics
- comes with an dedicated off button so you know it’s actually turned off
- automatically shuts off when left unattended
- not equipped with a self-cleaning feature
- iron is somewhat heavy when completely filled with water
This iron from BLACK+DECKER can be used with dry heat or with steam to remove wrinkles from clothing and other materials. The iron is easy to use and has a groove to help you navigate around buttons and other small details.
4. Rowenta 09539017999 Iron
The Rowenta 400 Hole Steam Iron comes in a vibrant navy blue color. This iron is designed to distribute heat and steam evenly so you don’t have to worry about damaging your fabrics with too much heat or excessive steam.
This iron from Rowenta has 1800 Watts of power to provide you with a quick and easy way to steam or iron your clothing and other items. The iron has an integrated electronic pump that delivers a powerful burst of steam to remove even the toughest wrinkles.
- pushes up to 30% more steam than other irons
- smooth gliding plate prevents snags
- 400 steam holes provide even steam distribution
- LED light tells you when the iron is ready
- 3-way auto shutoff prevents overheating
- self-cleaning function prevents maintenance
- higher price tag than many other similar irons
- iron is larger and heavier than many others
This iron from Rowenta can be used to iron and steam many different fabrics to remove even the toughest wrinkles. The iron has the ability to provide even heat and steam so that you don’t have to worry about damage to your clothing from too much heat or steam.
3. Rowenta 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron
The Rowenta 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron has a stainless steel soleplate for a smooth gliding motion that moves easily over all types of fabrics. This iron is equipped with a precision tip that helps you remove wrinkles from even the smallest areas.
This iron from Rowenta includes patented micro-steam technology that provides you with even steam distribution. This helps prevent hot spots or excess water that can damage certain types of fabrics. The plate has 400 holes to put out plenty of steam.
- clearly market thermostat knob for exact temperature control
- auto steam saves time and energy
- provides a burst of steam to get rid of tough wrinkles
- iron has several features that make it ideal for those who iron many different types of fabrics
- 3-way automatic shutoff means you don’t have to worry about accidental fires
- self-cleaning system requires little maintenance
- not equipped with a one-touch control
- water may leak from the bottom of the iron after a certain amount of use
This versatile iron from Rowenta has a precise temperature control so you can use the right settings for the fabrics you’re ironing. It’s easy to use and has a burst of steam option that can help when ironing difficult items like curtains or other fabrics that wrinkle easily.
2. Sunbeam Steam Master GCSBSP-201-FFP Iron
The Sunbeam Steam Master Iron has 1400 Watts of power to provide steaming action that can remove even the toughest wrinkles. This iron has a retractable cord which makes it ideal for travel and allows you to store it away neatly.
This iron from Sunbeam comes equipped with a large water tank so you don’t have to refill it as often as with some other irons. It has an anti-drip system that helps prevent water from dripping onto your clothes so it doesn’t cause water spots of damage to delicate fabrics.
- has anti-calcium and self-cleaning so you don’t have to worry about maintenance
- 3-way automatic shutoff for safety
- cord is 8 feet long to give you room to iron
- iron weighs considerably less than many similar options
- has simple controls for ease of use
- shot of steam feature works well for tough wrinkles
- takes longer to get to full heat than many other irons
- doesn’t have a non-stick soleplate
This iron from Sunbeam can be used for different fabrics to remove wrinkles quickly. It has several different fabric selection options so you can choose the best settings for the fabric you’re ironing. It’s easy to use and has a retractable cord for convenience.
1. BLACK+DECKER Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron
The BLACK+DECKER Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron has a high rate of steam that can remove wrinkles quickly so you don’t waste time ironing. This iron has a digital temperature control so you can adjust the temperature to the exact setting you need.
This iron from BLACK+DECKER has a clear LCD screen so you can visibly see when the iron is at the selected temperature for the fabric you’re ironing. The stainless steel soleplate has a smooth finish that helps prevent snagging on delicate fabrics.
- screen shows the word “ready” when iron is at desired temperature
- heavy-duty soleplate removes wrinkles quickly
- variable temperature and steam controls lets you adjust accordingly for the material
- has automatic shutoff for safety
- can be used vertically for hanging items
- iron shows you several setting options for common fabrics
- iron is heavier than some other similar options
- steam adjustment can be in the way while you’re ironing
This steam iron from BLACK+DECKER has a digital temperature control and precise steam adjustment so you can have the exact settings for removing wrinkles from different fabrics. The LCD screen lets you know when the iron has reached the desired settings.
A steam iron can be useful for nearly anyone who doesn’t like dealing with wrinkles. They can be great for removing wrinkles from curtains and other fabrics around your home. Those who wear business clothing, or other items that wrinkle easily, can also benefit from having a steam iron. Plus, if you ever find yourself behind on laundry you may realize that your basket of clean clothing has gotten wrinkled before you had the change to put it away.
A steam iron can make your laundry routine much quicker and easier. There are many steam irons available and some are larger than others so they can iron a bigger space at once. Some can be used vertically which is ideal for curtains or for formal clothing that needs to be hung up. When choosing an iron it can be helpful to read the online reviews from other consumers to find an option that meets your needs and budget.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.