When you’re shopping for bedding you may get a bit overwhelmed at all the different choices available. Bedding comes in many styles, colors, and patterns.
Plus, you also have to choose between a quilt, comforter, or bedspread. One option that many people prefer is a down comforter or one made with a down alternative filling. They keep you warm at night and are very cozy and comfortable on your bed.
They come in any size you need to fit your bed and are also available in different colors or patterns so you can match the decor in your bedroom.
Down comforters and down alternative comforters have been popular for many years and they never go out of style. They’re a favorite among many people because they are lightweight but still able to keep you warm throughout the night.
The down filling inside the comforter is also breathable which means you won’t wake up sweaty and overheated. It’s important to choose a quality comforter that’s constructed well and designed to last. The following is a list of the 10 best down comforters based on consumer report.
[amazon box=”B076X3KP4S,B01G31PBZS,B00H8KF6AY,B07871JT3R,B0776TSQXK,B01A7H8A48,B01JPECPR2,B01IPSBWPU,B00C54B25G,B00VGNBQSK” /]
10. Egyptian Luxury Goose Down Alternative Comforter
The Egyptian Luxury Goose Down Alternative Comforter is available in the following sizes twin/twin XL, full/queen, and king/California king. This comforter is filled with a down alternative that’s both lightweight and warm.
This comforter can be used year-round. It has an ultra-plush design to add an element of luxury to your bed. The comforter comes in many different color options including the featured black color. It can be machine washed in cold water and can be tumbled dry on low.
- provides a barrier against dust mites, mold, and mildew
- has a stylish diamond baffle pattern
- easy to care for
- lightweight design means that is keeps your warm all year without overheating
- comes in many different colors
- oversized design means that it may not fit in some standard washers and dryers
- down alternative material doesn’t have same weight as true down
This down alternative comforter comes in 3 different sizes and many color options. The comforter is lightweight but is designed to keep you warm on even the coldest names. It can be washed and dried in your machines at home for convenience.
9. Superior Classic All-Season Down Alternative Comforter
The Superior Classic All-Season Down Alternative Comforter comes in twin, full/queen, or king size. It’s also available in many color options that range from neutral colors to bright options that would work well for a child or teen’s room.
This comforter is filled with a lightweight down alternative material made of polyester. The outer shell of the comforter is also made of 100% polyester and has a baffle box design to help keep the down alternative material distributed evenly inside.
- double needle stitching keeps filling from shifting
- machine washable
- medium weight to work well year-round
- baffle box construction is stylish and functional
- comforter is easy to care for
- not ideal for use in extremely warm climates
- may not fit well on thick mattresses as it’s not oversized
This comforter from Superior has a classic design and comes in many different colors. It is lightweight but can still keep you warm in the winter. The comforter can be washed and dried in your machines at home so you don’t have to take it to the dry cleaners when it gets dirty.
8. Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter
The Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter can be used alone or as a duvet insert. It’s filled with a medium weight down alternative material. It comes in twin/twin XL, full/queen, and king sizes so you can find the best fit for your bed.
This down alternative comforter from Superior has an ultrasoft shell made of 100% microfiber. The inner filling is hypoallergenic and works well for those who are allergic or sensitive to goose down but still want the same look and feel on their bed.
- baffle box construction keeps filling in place
- has a classic white color to give your bed the luxurious hotel look
- constructed of durable but lightweight microfiber
- can be used on its own or as a duvet insert
- has double stitching for a long-lasting comforter
- can be washed and dried at home
- overstuffed sizing may make it difficult to fit into some washing machines
- doesn’t have duvet tabs
This down alternative comforter comes in a beautiful white color that gives you the same look and feel as luxurious hotel bedding. The comforter comes in 3 different sizes. It can be used alone or can also be put inside a duvet cover.
7. Twin Comforter Soft Quilted Down Alternative Duvet Insert
The Twin Comforter Down Alternative Duvet Insert has a beautiful design that allows you to use it on its own or with duvet cover. This comforter has the look and feel of bedding that you see at luxurious hotels. It comes in 4 different color options.
This comforter comes in twin, queen, or king sizes. It is extremely soft and fluffy to provide you with warmth and comfort no matter the time of year. This comforter is made of hypoallergenic materials so those with feather and down allergies can use it without issue.
- double-brushed fabric cover
- breathable cover keeps you warm without overheating
- fluffy filling is comfortable without being too heavy
- made of durable materials
- can be used alone or as a duvet insert
- comforter has corner tabs for ease of use
– comforter is overstuffed so it may not fit in standard washing machines
– doesn’t have the same weighty feel as true down
This comforter is filled with a hypoallergenic down alternative material. It has a fluffy feel and is overstuffed to provide you with luxurious hotel-style bedding. The comforter comes in 4 color choices and you can wash it and dry it at home.
6. ROSECOSE Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
The ROSECOSE Luxurious Goose Down Comforter comes in queen size or king size. The shell of the comforter is made of 100% cotton and it’s filled with all natural goose down. This comforter has the weight and luxury feel you expect from a goose down cover.
This comforter is 1200 thread count to provide you with a cozy feel that’s the same you experience in a luxury hotel. It is overstuffed with goose down for a thick comforter that will keep you warm even in the coldest weather.
- filled with 100% goose down
- has tabs so you can use it alone or as a duvet insert
- made with comfortable and luxurious materials
- can be used for year-round comfort
- has a nice weight without feeling too heavy
- has to be dry-cleaned
- is very fluffy and may make more noise than some other down comforters
This down comforter from ROSECOSE comes in queen or king size and is a classic white color for a timeless look. It can be used alone or inserted into a duvet cover. This comforter is extra fluffy and filled with 100% goose down for a cozy and warm night’s sleep.
5. KingLinen White Down Alternative Comforter
The KingLinen White Down Alternative Comforter is a budget-friendly option for those seeking a beautiful and well made alternative to traditional goose down. This comforter comes in twin, twin XL, queen, and king sizes.
This down alternative comforter from KingLinen has a polyester shell that’s designed to last. The filling is made from 100% hypoallergenic poly fiber. The comforter has a lightweight feel that can work year-round to keep you warm without causing overheating.
- can be machine washed and dried
- has box stitching to keep filling in place
- comes in a timeless white color
- made of hypoallergenic materials
- affordable alternative to goose down
- easy to care for
- doesn’t have loops to use with a duvet cover
- isn’t as fluffy as some other comforters in a similar price range
This down alternative comforter comes in white and is available in several bed size options. It is filled with a poly material that can stand up to daily use without getting flat. The comforter can be use as a stand alone bed covering or inside a duvet cover.
4. Utopia Bedding Comforter Lightweight
The Utopia Bedding Comforter is lightweight and stylish. This white comforter can be used as your main bed covering for a classic hotel look and feel. You can also use it in a duvet cover to protect the comforter and make the washing process easier.
This comforter from Utopia Bedding is ultra soft and comfortable. It’s filled with a down alternative material that’s made from plush siliconized fiber. This material has a very similar feel to authentic down without causing issues for those who have sensitivities or allergies.
- has boxed stitching to prevent the filling from shifting around
- made of durable materials
- ultra soft down alternative gives a nice weight to the comforter
- has a very similar texture to real goose down
- can be used year round
- you can use it alone or with your duvet cover
- doesn’t have as fluffy of texture as some other comforters
- not equipped with tabs for use with duvet cover
This down alternative comforter from Utopia Bedding comes in a timeless white color. It’s filled with a siliconized fiber that’s been created to closely mimic the look and feel of goose down. This comforter has a decent weight to it without being too hot during warmer months.
3. Equinox All-Season Charcoal Grey/White Quilted Comforter
The Equinox All-Season Charcoal Grey and White Quilted Comforter comes in twin, queen, and king sizes. This comforter is reversible and can be used on either side depending on the look you’re going for in your bedroom. It also comes in 2 other color options besides the featured grey and white.
This comforter from Equinox is designed for use throughout the year. It’s warm enough to be used in the coldest winter months but also lightweight enough so that it doesn’t cause you to get too hot in the spring and summer.
- comes in 3 color options including all white
- made with hypoallergenic materials
- has an extremely soft microfiber cover
- filling is made with 6D hollow siliconized fiber for a similar feel to goose down
- has elegant square stitching for style and to keep filling in place
- anti-bacterial and protects against the growth of mold and mildew
- not as thick and fluffy as traditional goose down
- may not be as breathable as other materials
This down alternative comforter from Equinox can be used on either side, or inserted into a duvet cover. It has ties on the corners to keep it secure inside the cover. The comforter has a luxurious feel and is filled with soft and cozy down alternative filling.
2. Utopia Bedding Ultra Plush Hypoallergenic Alternative Comforter
The Utopia Bedding Ultra Plush Hypoallergenic Alternative Comforter is made of hypoallergenic materials to work for those who want the look and feel of goose down without dealing with allergies and sensitivities to the materials.
This comforter from Utopia Bedding comes in white and is available in several different bed size options. It has a siliconized fiber as a down alternative for filling that is fluffy, warm, and comfortable. This comforter has a crisp look with piped edges for style.
- helps protect against dust mites and allergens
- made with extremely soft materials
- has a clean and contemporary style
- can be washed and dried in your home machines
- box stitching keeps filling from moving around during use or while being washed
- has a cozy and warm feel that can be used year-round
- not as thick and fluffy as many authentic down comforters
- needs to have time to fluff up after being removed from the vacuum packaging
This comforter or duvet insert is filled with a down alternative that is made to feel like authentic goose down and provide a similar level of warmth. The comforter has box stitch construction that helps keep the filling in place. It can be used alone or inside a duvet cover.
1. Linenspa All-Season Down Alternative Quilted Comforter
The Linenspa All-Season Down Alternative Quilted Comforter is available in nearly every bed size including the following: twin, twin XL, full, queen, oversized queen, king, California king, and oversized king. The comforter can be used alone or inside a duvet cover.
This comforter and duvet insert from Linenspa comes in several different color options. It has a reversible design so that you can use it on either side. The comforter is filled with a down alternative filling that has a similar feel to real goose down.
- has 8 builtin corner and side loops to secure it inside a duvet cover
- microfiber down alternative fill has a 300 gsm weight to replicate real goose down
- box stitching keeps the filling in place
- comforter is reversible
- easy to care for to extend the life of your comforter
- filling is hypoallergenic to work for those who can’t use real goose down
- may not provide the same level of warmth as authentic goose down
- oversized comforters and larger sizes may not fit into your home washer and dryer
This down alternative comforter from Linenspa comes in several color combinations that allow you to reverse the unit for a different look. It’s also available in classic all white for a hotel look. The comforter is filled with a soft and cozy filling that stays in place with the help of the box stitching.
Down comforters and those filled with down alternative materials can be used in any climate but they’re especially beneficial for those who live in an area where winter temperatures get extremely cold. The down keeps you warm all night and prevents the need for extra blankets which can feel heavy and make you overheat while you’re sleeping.
Down comforters have been a favorite because they’re warm but they still feel lightweight. They come in many different color and style options. They’re also available in all sizes so you can find the best option to fit your bed. If you want to get the most out of your money when choosing a down comforter, it can be helpful to read consumer reviews to find one that’s well made and designed to last.