Warm weather means spending more time outdoors for many people. But if you live in an area where it gets very hot during the day, you may be looking for a way to enjoy your outdoor space in the shade. Having a patio umbrella will allow you to sit outside without being directly in the sun. A good patio umbrella stand and base will keep your umbrella secure.
There are many options when it comes to patio umbrella bases and stands. Most are weighted or designed to hold sand or water to prevent your umbrella from tipping over. Some are designed to fit under your patio table so the umbrella sits in the center giving your shade for outdoor dining. Others have an offset design that works well for use with lounge chairs. The following is a list of the 10 best patio umbrella stands and bases based on reviews by consumer guide.
[amazon box=”B082WBKN1T,B0794YRTFV,B07L2H3VCS,B06X9PLTY5,B07PP71G3S,B00Y7TZQUY,B07QFDF14R,B005IR1E0U,B07MVZ82YR,B00Y1PNULG” /]
10. PURPLE LEAF Offset Patio Umbrella Base Sand/Water Filled Square
The PURPLE LEAF patio umbrella base is designed to be used with most types of offset umbrellas. This unit is easy to use and can be filled with sand or water for stability.
This offset umbrella stand and base is square in shape which makes it stable on most level surfaces. It is made of a durable material and designed to hold up to many years of use.
- measures 33.8″ by 33.8″
- made of durable plastic
- has a 3D surface design that looks great with your offset umbrella
- square shape makes it extremely stable
- can be filled with either sand or water
- weather resistant to be used for many years
- base is very heavy when completely filled with sand or water
- designed specifically for use with PURPLE LEAF offset umbrellas and may not work with other brands
This offset patio umbrella base is square in shape and made of durable plastic. It’s easy to fill with water or sand to keep your umbrella in place. This stand can be used on most outdoor level surfaces.
9. TropiShade 30 Pound Black Powder Coated Cast Iron Umbrella Stand
The TropiShade cast iron umbrella stand has a classic design that will look great on your patio. This unit is heavy duty and made of cast iron to keep your umbrella stable and upright during use.
This umbrella stand from TropiShade doesn’t have to be filled with sand or water like some other stands. This makes it resistant to freezing and other weather-related hazards.
- base weighs 30 pounds and has a wide design to stay in place
- made of cast iron with a black powder coating for long-lasting durability
- has one thumb screw to secure your umbrella
- compatible with several different umbrella sizes
- can be used with standard umbrellas that fit through your outdoor dining table
- has a decorative design for style
- not designed for use with offset umbrellas
- may not work well in areas with high winds
This umbrella base from TropiShade is made of cast iron with a weather-resistant finish. This unit works well with umbrellas that are designed to be used in an outdoor table.
8. Sunnyglade 40 lb Half Moon Shaped Water Filled Umbrella Base Patio Umbrella Stand
The Sunnyglade umbrella base has a half-moon shape which makes it idea for use in situations where a full circle or square-shaped base won’t fit.
This umbrella base from Sunnyglade is designed to hold your umbrella securely in place. It has a stable design and can be used with many different brands of patio umbrellas.
- includes a stylish design on the top of the base
- has an adjustable piston to work with umbrellas of different sizes
- can easily be filled with water or sand to keep your umbrella in place
- half-moon design allows you to use it where larger stands can be used
- weighs 40 pounds when filled with water or sand
- made of durable plastic and is weather-resistant
- may not be sturdy enough to use with large umbrellas that are heavier than average
- the pole inside the base can move around in windy conditions
This umbrella base from Sunnyglade has a unique half-moon shape and is made from durable plastic. This unit can be filled with sand or water and weighs around 40 pounds when completely full.
7. Best Choice Products 4-Piece Cantilever Offset Patio Umbrella Stand
The Best Choice Products 4-piece patio umbrella base is an affordable option for those looking for a simple umbrella stand that’s sturdy and easy to use. This stand is made of durable materials and designed to last.
This umbrella base from Best Choice Products has a 4-plate design that adds to its sturdiness. The plates have a high water capacity which means they work well to keep your umbrella upright.
- each plate has a separate fill spout for convenience
- plates have interconnecting pins to keep them secure and allow you to disassemble them as needed
- constructed of HDPE plastic and designed to last
- easy to fill with sand or water
- each plate can hold up to 15 liters of water or 50 pounds of sand
- can be taken apart for storage
- may not be as sturdy as bases that have a one-piece design
- due to the design of the pieces, filling them with sand can be quite difficult
This umbrella base from Best Choice Products comes in 4 pieces that fit together for a sturdy and affordable way to hold up your umbrella. This stand works with many types of umbrellas including some offset umbrellas.
6. Rhino Detachable Umbrella Base Weight
The Rhino detachable umbrella base weight is easy to use and versatile. These weights can be used with an offset umbrella. That also work with cantilever and any type of outdoor umbrella stand.
These umbrella base weights are ideal for anyone who lives in an area with windy weather. They are heavy-duty and designed to keep your umbrella in place.
- designed to be filled with sand
- include openings on the sides so the weights can be placed on any type of umbrella
- large opening makes it easy to fill them with sand
- easy to use and store
- won’t crack like plastic umbrella bases
- come with a lifetime warranty
- designed to be used with an umbrella base and not on their own
- fabric may fade when the weights are left in the sun for long periods of time
This set of umbrella base weights can be used with nearly any type of outdoor umbrella and base. They are made to be filled with sand and include large zippered openings to make the filling process quick and easy.
5. Abba Patio 4Pcs Offset Umbrella Base Plastic Cantilever Base Weights Plate Set
The Abba Patio offset umbrella base comes in 4 pieces which makes it easy to use. This set of weights can be filled with sand or water to keep your umbrella base in place.
These umbrella base weights are designed to keep your umbrella secure during many types of weather. The weights have a heavy duty design and can be emptied at the end of the season for storage.
- made of heavy-duty plastic
- weights are weatherproof and have a UV-protectant coating
- they weigh up to 180 total pounds when filled
- can be used with cantilever or offset umbrellas
- weights are easy to store when empty
- can be filled with water or sand
- the cross base and stand need to be purchased separately
- may not be stable enough for use with larger umbrellas
This set of umbrella weights are designed to keep many types of umbrellas steady and in place. The weights can be filled with sand or water for stability. They are easy to empty so you can store them in the off season.
4. Best Choice Products 4-Piece Cantilever Offset Patio Umbrella Circular Base Stand
The Best Choice Products 4-piece cantilever offset patio umbrella base stand can be used with most types of outdoor umbrellas. It’s made from durable materials and is weather-resistant.
This umbrella stand from Best Choice Products has retractable carrying handles that make it easy to move around as needed. It can be filled with sand or water for stability.
- can be filled with 115 pounds of water or 160 pounds of sand
- interlocking plates keep your umbrella in place even in windy conditions
- includes UV-protection to prevent cracking
- 4 panels are easy to take apart for storage
- includes 4 pins for quick and easy assembly
- plastic material withstands rot and wear over time
- doesn’t include the crossbar
- may not work well in areas with high winds
This umbrella base from Best Choice Products is made with a durable plastic that’s designed to last for years. The 4-piece base can be filled with sand or water to keep your umbrella in place.
3. Gravipod 18″ Square Umbrella Base Weight Bag
The Gravipod 18″ square umbrella base weight bag is simple to use and easy to fill. This bag is made of a durable material and can be used with many types of umbrellas.
This weighted bag from Gravipod adds a lot of weight to your umbrella base to keep it in place, even when used in windy conditions. The square shape makes it versatile to work with most bases.
- made of a durable ripstop fabric that’s designed to last
- soft texture won’t hurt your foot if you kick it
- weighs up to 110 pounds when fully filled with sand
- can work with umbrellas of various sizes
- easy to fill with a large opening to add sand
- fabric doesn’t tear, rip, of freeze when left outdoors in the elements
- doesn’t include the crossbar needed to keep your umbrella upright
- Velcro opening isn’t as easy to use as a zipper
This weighted bag is designed to be used with many types of umbrella bases to keep your umbrella steady and in place during windy conditions. It’s made from a durable material that’s designed to last.
2. Blissun 22 lbs Heavy Duty Patio Market Umbrella Base Stand
The Blissun heavy-duty patio umbrella base stand has a decorative design that will look great on your patio. This base is made of rust-free resin which can last through many seasons.
This umbrella base from Blissun can be adjusted for the size of the umbrella pole you have. It’s easy to tighten or loosen for a secure fit that works with most types of patio umbrellas.
- comes with a durable black finish
- can be used with umbrella poles from 1.49″ to 1.89″ in diameter
- base measures 16.5″ in diameter
- hand-turn tightening knob allows you to adjust to the size of the umbrella pole
- waterproof and age-resistant
- resistant to corrosion
- not ideal for use in strong winds
- weighs only 22 pounds which may not work for oversized umbrellas
This umbrella base from Blissun has a decorative design with a rust-resistant finish. It’s easy to use and adjustable for use with many types of patio umbrellas.
1. Gravipod 18″ Round Umbrella Base Weight Bag
The Gravipod 18″ round umbrella base weight is ideal for smaller umbrellas. It can be used in mild weather conditions, including winds, to help keep your umbrella in place.
This umbrella weight from Gravipod is made from a durable material that’s resistant to damage from being out in the elements. This unit is easy to use and versatile for use with most types of patio umbrellas.
- can be used with cantilever, market, or garden post-style umbrellas
- works with posts up to 3.5″
- made of rip-stop fabric that’s designed to last through many years of use
- includes a PVC lining for added durability
- can hold up to 85 pounds of sand
- for added stability, you can stack this unit with other Gravipod round 18″ weights
- small hole may make it difficult to fill it with sand
- heavy when completely full which can make it difficult to move around
This umbrella base weight works with most types of outdoor umbrellas. It’s made of a durable fabric that’s designed to last even when left outdoors in rain, wind, and other weather conditions.
A well-made patio umbrella stand and base can be pricey but they are worth the money if you spend a lot of time outdoors. Patio umbrellas are top-heavy and can tip over easily if not placed in a secure stand. Plus, if you have a lot of windy weather and storms in your area, the base will work to keep your umbrella in place for safety. When choosing the best patio umbrella and base it’s important to find one made of a durable material that will last through many years of use.
Many patio umbrella bases are made of a heavy-duty plastic material that you can fill with sand or water to keep the umbrella upright. Some may be constructed of a heavier material that doesn’t have to be filled. One of the best ways to choose a high-quality patio umbrella stand and base is to read online reviews. These reviews can provide objective information on the different options so you can get the most out of your money.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.