Getting enough sleep each night can be very beneficial to your overall health. When you are able to sleep well at night, you can wake up feeling rested and prepared for the day. There are many methods you can turn to when trying to improve your sleep.
Investing in a good pillow is one way to help yourself go to sleep faster and stay asleep longer. Many people don’t realize that there are different types of pillows designed for those who sleep on their side.
A side sleeper pillow has a different shape than a standard pillow and provides a different level of support. These types of pillows are designed to help keep the spine in alignment while you sleep. Using a side sleeper pillow can help those who sleep on their side sleep without pain and strain on the back and lower body.
There are several different options when it comes to side sleeping pillows. Some are made of materials that can be washed in your standard washing machine which is very convenient. The following is a list of the 10 best side sleeper pillows based on consumer guide.
[amazon box=”B07C1JZJ48,B07DMC7THH,B01IMRKJ4E,B072BX3S4C,B071LHNBZX,B00V909F4M,B07BKVG42X,B079FK5QKD,B06XVMJMSH,B074Q8C7BY” /]
10. VECELO Memory Foam Contour Pillow
The VECELO Memory Foam Contour Pillow has a unique design that supports side sleepers. This pillow provides comfort for the neck and helps to keep the spine in alignment. It can work well to prevent you from waking up with neck pain from sleeping in an uncomfortable position.
This side sleeping pillow has a standard size that can work well for adults and children. This pillow can be used on any size of bed without taking up too much space. It’s made of quality materials and is designed to last for many years.
- made of premium memory foam
- adjustable height design based on individual sleep position
- includes a zippered cover that’s machine washable
- versatile pillow that can be used by both adults and children
- provides support for the neck and head to promote a good night’s sleep
- pillow includes a dust mite barrier
- pillow needs 1-2 days in ventilated area after removing from packaging
- inner pillow cannot be washed in a washing machine
This side sleeping pillow has a supportive design that means it can also be used for other types of sleepers. The pillow includes a protective cover that can be removed and washed as needed. It provides support to the neck and head to help you sleep throughout the night without pain.
9. MARNUR Cervical Pillow Contour Memory Foam Orthopedic Pillow
The MARNUR Cervical Pillow has a unique contour design that is specifically designed to support the neck so you wake up without neck pain. This pillow is made from memory foam and it can also be beneficial for back sleepers and those who sleep on the stomach.
This side sleeping pillow includes a pillow case to fit the custom shape of the pillow. The contour shape of the pillow is ideal for those who toss and turn throughout the night. It can help you stay comfortable so you don’t lose sleep while trying to find the best position to rest.
- supports the natural curve of the neck
- includes a zippered pillow case that can be removed and washed in your washing machine
- pillow is made from durable memory foam
- inner polyester cover adds extra layer of protection for the foam
- the memory foam is supportive and comfortable
- pillow can be used in several different positions to work for everyone
- odd shape of pillow means you can’t use a standard pillowcase on it
- the actual pillow cannot be washed in the washing machine
This contoured pillow has a unique shape that’s designed to support the natural curve of the neck to prevent pain. The pillow includes a case that can be removed for washing. It’s made of supportive memory foam that helps keep the spine aligned for side sleeping.
8. Cradle Me Cervical Pillow
The Cradle Me Cervical Pillow is plush and supportive to give you comfort while side sleeping. This pillow also helps to keep you cool throughout the night. This pillow helps keep the spine aligned properly and can also be used by those who sleep on their back.
This pillow from Cradle Me has a unique shape that allows it to be used in several different positions for maximum comfort. It has an orthopedic design that helps keep your body supported during the entire night so you don’t have pain when you wake up.
- promotes proper spine alignment to reduce tension
- made of safe and odorless memory foam
- hypoallergenic so it doesn’t trigger allergies
- can be used for different sleep positions including side sleeping
- memory foam helps the neck and shoulders relax fully
- pillow contours to the shape of your head
- standard shaped pillowcases don’t fit the pillow securely
- this pillow is made from memory foam that cannot be placed into a washing machine
This pillow from Cradle Me has different positions which offer varying heights depending on the way you sleep. The pillow is supportive and breathable to help keep you comfortable and cool all night. It has durable memory foam that contours to your head and neck.
7. The Big One – Gel Memory Foam Side Sleeper Pillow
The Big One Gel Memory Foam Side Sleeper Pillow is designed to offer pressure point relief to help reduce pain so you wake up feeling rested and refreshed. This pillow contains gel memory foam which is extremely comfortable and supportive.
This pillow has a standard size and shape so that you can use regular pillowcases with it. The pillow has a microfiber cover that’s durable and acts as a barrier to protect the memory foam. The pillow has a contour shape that makes it comfortable for side sleepers
- ventilated to help keep you cool at night
- elevates the neck and back for proper alignment
- made of memory foam that maintains its shape over time
- shape of pillow allows you to use regular pillow cases
- thickness is ideal for side sleepers to keep the neck at the right level
- pillow is made of materials that stay cool through the night
- may to soft for those who prefer an extremely firm pillow
- pillow has a slight chemical smell when you first take it out of the package
This side sleeper pillow from The Big One is made with gel memory foam which is comfortable and supportive to keep your neck elevated. The pillow has a removable cover that you can wash in a standard machine as needed.
6. Bed Pillow for Side Sleeper
This side sleeper pillow from Sable is designed to support the neck and back so you don’t feel tension and strain in those areas while you’re sleeping or when you wake up. This pillow works well for those who experience issues with sleeping on a standard non-supportive pillow.
The memory foam inside this side sleeper pillow is registered with the FDA. The cover is made from polyester and bamboo-derived rayon. The pillow contains around 20% more foam than many other pillows which adds to the support level for your neck.
- the pillow cover and inside pillow can both be washed in your washing machine
- cover has a long-lasting zipper that continues to work even after many washes
- bamboo fiber is breathable to help keep you cool and dry
- pillow is more affordable than some similar options
- materials in the pillow are designed to last
- materials inside the pillow are free of potentially harmful chemicals
- shredded memory foam may not be comfortable for those who prefer extreme firmness
- pillow may have a slight odor for several days after being opened
This pillow contains shredded memory foam which can be easily adjusted based on your desired level of firmness and support. The pillow and the cover can be washed at home for convenience. It’s design makes it ideal for side sleepers or back sleepers.
5. Hypoallergenic Bed Pillow for Side Sleeper
This side sleeping pillow from Xtreme Comforts is made with hypoallergenic materials so you don’t have to worry about allergic sensitivities to the pillow when using it. It’s made in the USA of quality memory foam with a vented bamboo cover.
The memory foam included in this pillow is fully adjustable. The pillow has a zippered inner liner that allows you to adjust the foam to your desired level of support. This feature makes the pillow ideal for side sleepers but it can also work for those who sleep on their back or stomach.
- pillow is dust mite resistant
- includes a 6 year warranty from the manufacturer
- you can wash the pillow in a standard washing machine
- it conforms to your head and neck for maximum comfort
- micro-vented cover helps keep you cool while you sleep
- shredded memory foam inside pillow returns to original shape after each use
- pillow is somewhat heavy compared to others
- foam can have a slight chemical smell when it’s first removed from packaging
This side sleeper pillow contains shredded memory foam that’s fully adjustable for your comfort level. The foam is durable and designed to always return to it’s original shape after use. This pillow is hypoallergenic and can be machine washed as needed.
4. EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow
The EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow provides you with a luxury place to rest your head for a great night’s sleep. This pillow has a contour shape that conforms to your head and neck for extra support which makes it work well for side sleepers.
This pillow from EPABO is covered in a premium fabric that’s extremely soft and comfortable. This fabric is also breathable so you don’t wake from sweating or overheating while you sleep. The orthopedic design means the pillow can prevent common tension and pain due to sleeping uncomfortably.
- includes a free pillowcase
- ergonomic design helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep
- pillow is king size and 4″ high
- made of chemical free materials
- contains breathable memory foam for support
- hypoallergenic pillow case protects from dust mites
- not designed for those who like a flatter pillow
- case is washable but pillow is not
This memory foam pillow from EPABO has an orthopedic design that supports the neck and keeps the spine in alignment. This can help prevent back and neck pain that occurs while sleeping. The pillow includes a removable case that’s machine washable.
3. UTTU Sandwich Pillow
The UTTU Sandwich Pillow contains 100% 3lb dynamic foam that has a soft but supportive feel to keep your neck and head level and comfortable. This pillow has a unique adjustable design that allows you to remove the inner layer of foam if desired.
This pillow from UTTU is ideal for side sleepers but can also work if you sleep on your back or stomach. The adjustability of the pillow means that you can change the depth from 4.7″ high to 3.5″ high at its tallest point.
- pillow offers an easy way to adjust the height
- made with dynamic foam that contours to the shape of your body
- helps alleviate shoulder stiffness and reduces neck pain
- foam doesn’t get hard in colder weather like some other types of foam
- pillow keeps a consistent firmness for comfort throughout the night
- bamboo cover is dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic
- has a non-toxic foam odor when removed from packaging
- pillow should be ventilated for 24 hours before first use
This pillow from UTTU is ideal for all types of sleepers. For side sleeping you can adjust the height of the pillow to meet your desired comfort level. The foam used inside the pillow is firm and supportive with a design that makes it keep it’s shape year-round.
2. The Scrumptious Side Sleeper Pillow
The Scrumptious Side Sleeper Pillow from Drift is extremely soft while also being supportive enough for those who sleep best on their side. This pillow has a hidden zipper that gives you the option to adjust the height based on your comfort.
This pillow from Drift is made by hand for quality and consistency. It has a contoured shape that hugs the body and helps keep the neck and head aligned to prevent pain and tension. Proper alignment of the head and neck can also promote healthy breathing and reduce snoring.
- handmade in the USA
- pillow is very soft with a luxurious feel
- adjustable foam means you can have the pillow that feels most comfortable
- contains 100% Certipur-US certified gel foam
- the foam in the pillow is lightweight and soft but also very supportive
- curve of pillow supports the neck and shoulders
- pillow has a higher price tag than many similar pillows
- it doesn’t include a pillowcase
This pillow from Drift has a unique curved designed that supports the upper body to reduce pain and tension. It’s completely adjustable so you can remove foam as needed to get the right height for sleeping comfortably.
1. Registered FDA Goose Down Alternative Bed Pillow 2 Pack
This pillow 2-pack from Sable contains a goose down alternative filling. This set of pillows come in queen size or king size to fit on different sizes of beds. The pillows are adjustable so you can remove filling as needed to get the height that’s most comfortable for you.
This set of pillows contain stuffing that simulates the feel and texture of goose down without the allergy concerns. The materials in the pillows is 100% hypoallergenic cotton. They have a breathable cover that’s been treated with anti-bacterial treatment so it stays fresh over time.
- customizable height for comfort and support
- contains up to 25% more filling than most other pillows
- breathable cover to prevent sweating and overheating while you’re asleep
- provides a balance between being fluffy and supportive
- works well for side sleepers due to adjustability
- can be machine washed and tumble dried
- material inside is not as firm as memory foam
- pillows don’t include pillow cases
This set of 2 down-alternative pillows provide a mixture of softness and support that works well for side sleepers. You can remove stuffing to adjust the height of the pillow. They are easy to care for and can be washed and dried in your machines at home.
A side sleeper pillow is specifically designed to support the head and neck while you sleep on your side. These pillows are usually shaped slightly differently than standard pillows and they may be available in different firmness levels so you can choose the type you like best. Pillows come in a wide range of prices but you can easily find one that works for your sleeping style and still fits into your budget.
If you really struggle with pain or strain on your back or lower body but prefer to sleep on your side, you may need to try several different styles or brands of pillows to find one that best meets your needs. It can be helpful to read online consumer reviews from those who have purchased the different pillows you’re looking at. This information can help you choose a quality pillow that is still within your price range.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.