There’s not much better than waking up after a good night’s sleep. But many people struggle with sleeping through the night due to being uncomfortable. If you don’t have supportive pillows then you may have trouble with sleeping comfortably. One of the best pillows to help you sleep is a leg pillow. These pillows support your lower body and help keep your spine in alignment to prevent pain and allow you to wake up feeling rested.
There are many leg pillows available from various brands. They come in several styles so it’s important to compare the options to find the one that best meets your needs. Leg pillows are relatively affordable, especially when you consider how useful they can be in helping you sleep well all night. The following is a list of the 10 best leg pillows based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
10. Half Moon Bolster Semi-Roll Pillow
The half-moon bolster pillow is designed to provide ample support for your legs while you sleep. This pillow has premium quality memory foam inside that keeps its shape even after being used for an extended period.
This leg pillow helps keep your legs elevated which makes it a good option for those who have leg pain or have had recent surgery where the elevation of your leg is important.
- includes a breathable cover that can be removed for washing
- has 2 layers of foam to provide maximum support
- measures 20.4″ long by 7.8″ wide
- can be used for leg support, neck support, or back support
- cover is easy to remove with a zippered closure
- pillow is lightweight for travel
- the shape is not ideal for side sleepers who need a pillow to stay between the legs
- pillow has a light lemon scent which may be off-putting for some
This support pillow has a half-moon shape which makes it versatile and comfortable for many uses. The pillow is made from durable memory foam and includes a removable cover that’s machine washable.
9. Knee Pillow for Back Pain
This knee pillow was designed to alleviate back pain related to sleeping uncomfortably and without proper support. It can also be used for anyone with an injury who needs to elevate their legs.
This pillow is larger than many other leg pillows in a similar style. It has a half-moon design in a bolster shape that makes it easy to use and comfortable.
- includes a washable cover made from organic cotton
- memory foam is durable and designed to keep its shape
- pillow is 20.5″ long by 8″ wide by 4.5″ tall
- cover is easy to use and can be washed in your washing machine
- can be used to elevate the knees or ankles
- works well for back sleepers
- shape isn’t ideal for using between your legs during side sleeping
- memory foam may be too firm for some
This leg pillow can be used in several different ways to reduce pressure on the back to prevent pain. The pillow is made of memory foam and has an organic cotton cover that’s removable and machine washable.
8. ZIRAKI Memory Foam Wedge Contour Orthopedic Knee Pillow
The ZIRAKI memory foam wedge-shaped pillow is made of high-quality materials. This pillow is budget-friendly and is compact enough to take with you when you travel.
This supportive pillow from ZIRAKI is designed to stay between your knees while you sleep. It’s ideal for those who suffer from sciatica and other back problems related to sleeping without enough support.
- keeps the hips, spine, and legs properly aligned while you sleep
- includes a removable cover that’s machine washable
- pillow is 9.8″ long by 7″ tall by 6″ wide
- durable memory foam provides support and doesn’t flatten over time
- cover has a zipper so you can remove it for washing as needed
- contoured shape keeps the pillow in place throughout the night
- the cover is made with a fabric that may pill over time
- only works for side sleepers
This contoured leg pillow helps keep your spine in alignment while you sleep. This pillow is designed to be used by side sleepers and it stays in place between your knees all night.
7. Xtra-Comfort Leg Elevation Pillow
The Xtra-Comfort leg elevation pillow can be used by those who’ve had recent surgery or have other leg issues that require elevation. The pillow is also great for lounging or sleeping for anyone who needs more lower body support.
This leg elevation pillow can be used to elevate one or both legs. You can use it on your bed or on a sofa while you read, watch TV, or just relax.
- available in white or brown
- provides 45 degrees of incline
- includes a removable non-slip cover
- cover is breathable and machine-washable
- comes with a 60-day guarantee from the manufacturer
- made with 2 layers of foam to keep the shape and support
- pillow is large and takes up a lot of space on your bed
- may not be comfortable by those who sleep on their side
This leg elevation pillow can be used for those with leg injuries or anyone who needs extra support. The pillow is made with 2 layers of durable foam and has a removable cover that’s machine washable.
6. Post Surgery Elevating Leg Rest Pillow
This elevating leg pillow was designed to be used by anyone recovering from surgery that requires you to elevate your knees. It can also provide support and comfort for those with back pain related to many conditions.
The post-surgery elevating pillow is made from high-quality materials and designed to keep its shape, even when used daily. This pillow can be used while sleeping or relaxing.
- includes a removable cover that’s breathable and washable
- has a memory foam top layer for maximum support
- helps reduce pain and strain on the lower body
- can be used with one or both legs
- 2 layers of foam won’t compress over time
- cover is made of lightweight material to help keep your legs cool
- has a higher price than many other leg elevation pillows
- pillow is wider than some others so it requires a larger space for use
This elevating leg pillow can be used by anyone who needs lower body support after surgery or for other issues. The pillow is made with 2 layers of foam and includes a cover that can easily be removed to wash as needed.
5. Cushy Form Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers
The Cushy Form knee pillow was specifically designed with the needs of side sleepers in mind. This pillow stays between the knees while you sleep to provide back support and keep the spine in proper alignment.
This pillow from Cushy Form is made with quality materials so that it keeps its shape, even when used every day. The pillow is affordable and small enough for travel.
- comes with a machine washable cover
- contoured shape stays between your knees without shifting while you sleep
- made of memory foam for durability and support
- cover is easy to remove and put back on
- works to relieve pain associated with sciatica and other conditions
- includes a money-back guarantee from the manufacturer
- not ideal for those who don’t sleep on their side
- pillow is smaller than other knee pillows and better suited for those with smaller
This pillow from Cushy Form was made for side sleepers. The pillow stays between your knees while you sleep to help keep your spine aligned to prevent pain.
4. Everlasting Comfort Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow
The Everlasting Comfort pure memory foam knee pillow is constructed with durable materials, including high-quality memory foam so that it maintains its shape over time.
This pillow from Everlasting Comfort has a contoured shape so that it fits comfortably between your knees. The pillow works well for those who prefer to sleep on their side and need more support for the lower body.
- includes a removable strap to help keep the pillow in place
- comes with earplugs so you can sleep without distracting noises
- includes a lifetime replacement guarantee from the manufacturer
- works well for side sleepers and for support during pregnancy
- can help alleviate strain on the back and reduce pain related to sciatica and other conditions
- helps keep your hips and spine in alignment throughout the night
- pillow may be too soft for those who need extra support at the knee area
- the velcro on the adjustable strap can feel scratchy to the skin
This between the knees pillow from Everlasting Comfort includes an adjustable and removable strap to keep it in place. The cover on the pillow is removable and machine washable for convenience.
3. Leg Elevation Pillow
The leg elevation pillow is made from high-density memory foam that’s durable and able to stand up to everyday use without being compressed. This pillow is oversized so you can elevate both legs at once.
This pillow can be used to reduce swelling and help promote alignment of your spine. This pillow can be used on your bed or sofa while you sleep, watch TV, or relax.
- has an ergonomic design for maximum comfort
- includes a breathable cover that can be removed for washing
- pillow measures 21″ wide by 24″ long
- can be used for one or both legs
- ideal for use by those with post-surgery pain or other leg conditions
- washable cover is hypoallergenic
- pillow is large and requires a wide space for usage
- this elevated pillow is much pricier than some of the other available options
This elevated pillow is oversized so you can elevate both legs at once. The pillow is made from a durable memory foam that provides plenty of support to reduce pain, promote blood circulation, and reduce swelling.
2. Contour Legacy Leg & Knee Foam Support Pillow
The Contour Legacy leg and knee foam support pillow comes in a comfort bundle that also includes another supportive pillow. This leg pillow has a unique shape that’s designed to support your back and lower body while you sleep.
This pillow from Contour can be used by people of all ages. It’s also helpful during pregnancy to help relieve lower back pain and keep the spine aligned.
- made from ventilated memory foam
- promotes air circulation to prevent overheating
- smooth rounded edges make it easy to move at night without the pillow shifting
- relieves pain associated with sciatica and many other back conditions
- is 20% longer than many other leg pillows
- includes a zippered cover that’s machine washable
- is more firm than other leg pillows which may not be comfortable for some
- the pillow itself is not washable
This ergonomically designed leg pillow is made to be held between your knees while you sleep. The pillow is made from ventilated memory foam to help keep you cool.
1. ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow
The ComfiLife Orthopedic knee pillow helps relieve sciatica pain while also supporting the hips and knees. It has a wedge-shape that makes it comfortable for use throughout the night.
This pillow from ComfiLife is made with durable memory foam. It can be used in many different positions to keep you comfortable and help you sleep.
- includes a washable cover
- made of 100% premium memory foam
- ergonomic shape keeps the pillow in place
- can be used several different ways
- helps reduce lower body pain
- includes a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- cover has a small zipper which makes it hard to remove
- only useful for side sleepers
This pillow from ComfiLife has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use in several different ways. The pillow includes a removable cover that’s machine washable.
When you’re shopping for a leg pillow be sure to compare the options based on their shape and what they’re made of. Many leg pillows are made with memory foam or another durable foam that will keep its shape over time. It’s also important to understand the cleaning instructions. Some leg pillows may include a cover that can be removed for washing. Others may be machine washable so you can throw the pillow into the washing machine as needed.
Leg pillows are ideal for anyone who suffers from back pain or discomfort when waking up. They also work for well for side sleepers who need extra support to sleep comfortably. To find the leg pillow that will work best for you be sure to read and compare online reviews. These reviews can provide useful information on how well the pillow is made, how comfortable it is to use, and how long it lasts.
- 10. Half Moon Bolster Semi-Roll Pillow
- 9. Knee Pillow for Back Pain
- 8. ZIRAKI Memory Foam Wedge Contour Orthopedic Knee Pillow
- 7. Xtra-Comfort Leg Elevation Pillow
- 6. Post Surgery Elevating Leg Rest Pillow
- 5. Cushy Form Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers
- 4. Everlasting Comfort Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow
- 3. Leg Elevation Pillow
- 2. Contour Legacy Leg & Knee Foam Support Pillow
- 1. ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow