The skincare market is filled with products from many brands that are designed to promote healthy and youthful skin. These products come in many forms. There are face washes, serums, lotions, creams, and other types of treatments. The best one will depend on your skin concerns and skin type. Be sure to read ingredient labels when choosing skincare products to look for irritants, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Skincare products can be used to reduce wrinkles, get rid of dark spots, remove dead skin cells, and reduce under-eye circles. Some products are designed to combat one particular skin issue while others can be used for a variety of issues. If you’re looking for skincare products to be worn during the day be sure to choose ones with an SPF of 15 or higher. The following is a list of the 10 best skincare products based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
No products found.
10. CeraVe Hydrating Face Wash
The CeraVe Hydrating face wash has a unique formula that includes 3 different ceramides to clean your skin without drying. This works well for all skin types and can be especially beneficial if you have dry skin.
This cleanser from CeraVe helps restore the skin’s protective barrier with each wash. It removes dirt, oil, and makeup without leaving your skin feeling tight and dry.
- formula includes hyaluronic acid
- free of parabens and fragrance
- non-drying and non-irritating
- can be used for normal to dry skin types
- works for those with eczema and other skin conditions
- non-comedogenic formula won’t clog your pores
- not ideal for use on oily skin
- doesn’t lather like some other cleansers
This facial cleanser from CeraVe is dermatologist-recommended. It has a gentle formula so you can use it on sensitive skin. The cleanser removes makeup, oil, and other impurities from your skin without leaving a dry feeling.
9. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream with Pump
The Vanicream moisturizing cream comes in a container with a convenient pump. This cream goes on smoothly to moisturize the skin and keep it feeling smooth.
This cream from Vanicream has a smooth texture that goes on easily. It soaks into the skin to provide moisture without leaving your skin feeling oily.
- free of dyes and fragrances that can be irritating to the skin
- dermatologist tested
- can be used as a night cream or day cream
- made without irritating additives
- can be used on the face or body
- works well for all skin types
- doesn’t contain an SPF
- cream may be too thick for some who prefer a lotion-like texture
This cream from Vanicream comes in a container with a pump which makes it easy to dispense. It can be used on the face or body to provide moisture and reduce dryness, even for those with sensitive skin.
8. Dove Beauty Bar
The Dove Beauty Bar has been a favorite product for many years. This bar soap is affordable and gentle on the skin. It cleanses the skin without causing dryness or that tight feeling.
This beauty bar from Dove comes in a pack of 16 which lasts a long time. These cleansing bars work for all skin types including sensitive skin that can’t handle harsh chemicals.
- formula is fragrance-free
- includes moisturizing cream in the bar to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth
- washes away bacteria, makeup, and oil from your skin
- easy to use and long-lasting
- can be used on all types of skin
- may not work for super oily skin
- the bar form can be messier than a liquid cleanser
This beauty bar from Dove is designed to cleanse your skin without leaving it dry. The bars come in a package of 16 which lasts significantly longer than many comparably priced facial cleansers.
7. Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Facial Toner
The Thayers rose petal witch hazel facial toner is designed to cleanse, tone, and moisturize. It has a soft rose fragrance that’s pleasant but not overpowering.
This toner from Thayers is alcohol-free and gentle on the skin. It’s made with natural ingredients with a proprietary witch hazel extract that contains more tannins than other brands.
- comes in a 12 ounce bottle
- contains 195% more tannins than other brands of witch hazel extract
- designed to constrict the pores and clear your skin
- reduces and prevents breakouts
- acts as a natural astringent
- includes aloe vera to soothe the skin
- may be too harsh for extremely sensitive skin
- not ideal for removing makeup, especially eye makeup
This toner from Thayers is made with natural witch hazel. It also contains aloe vera and rose petal fragrance to soothe your skin. This product helps clear your pores to reduce breakouts and prevent acne.
6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel Face Moisturizer
The Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid for anti-aging benefits. This moisturizer is lightweight on your skin while still providing all-day moisture.
This moisturizer from Neutrogena has a gel-like texture that goes on smoothly and absorbs evenly. It comes in a 1.7 fluid ounce jar and just takes a small amount per use.
- hyaluronic acid attracts moisture to the skin and helps lock it in all-day
- non-comedogenic means it won’t clog your pores
- formula is free of fragrance and dyes
- lightweight formula absorbs easily into the skin
- can be worn with or without makeup
- oil-free formula
- doesn’t contain an SPF
- may be irritating if you have extremely sensitive skin
This gel moisturizer from Neutrogena is lightweight and ideal for all skin types. It contains a blend of beneficial ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, to help your skin stay moisturized all day.
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Face Moisturizer
The Aveeno Positively Radiant daily face moisturizer contains sun protection to help prevent wrinkles and sun damage. This moisturizer has a smooth texture to absorb evenly into your skin.
This moisturizer from Aveeno is dermatologist recommended and can be used for all skin types. It has ingredients that help even your skin tone and make your face look more youthful.
- contains broad-spectrum SPF 15
- oil-free formula won’t clog your pores
- includes total soy complex to help reduce blotchiness and discoloration
- reduces the appearance of dull skin to reveal brightness when used consistently over time
- protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays
- includes natural light diffusers to reflect light and make your skin look luminous
- formula is not paraben-free
- the pump is challenging to use once the formula gets low and can leave a lot of product inside the bottle
This moisturizer from Aveeno contains sun protection in the form of SPF 15. When used daily this product can help make your skin look luminous and can reduce dry spots and discoloration.
4. Dove Beauty Bar Bath Soap for Dry Skin
The Dove beauty bar bath soap in cucumber and green tea was designed specifically for those with dry skin. This soap can be used on the body and face to clean and moisturize the skin.
This bar soap from Dove is affordable and versatile. It works well for most skin types and is especially helpful for those who have dry skin seasonally or year-round.
- is the No. 1 recommended bar soap by dermatologists
- includes moisturizing cream and mild cleansers
- comes in a package with 16 bars
- budget-friendly and long-lasting
- can be used all over the body, including the face
- has a mild cucumber scent
- the smell may be off-putting to those who prefer fragrance free products
- bar soap format is not ideal for travel and is messier than a pump soap
This beauty bar from Dove has a pleasant cucumber smell. It’s designed for those with dry skin and contains moisturizers to reduce dryness. The soap can be used all over the body and on the face to gently cleanse without over drying.
3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
This moisturizing cream from CeraVe is designed to provide all-day hydration. This cream can be used on the face or body to keep your skin moisturized for 24 hours.
The CeraVe moisturizing cream uses patented technology to slowly release moisturizers throughout the day. It helps replenish ceramides to keep you skin looking and feeling smooth.
- uses MVE controlled-release technology for all-day moisture
- contains 3 ceramides
- includes hyaluronic acid to combat dryness and make skin appear more youthful
- made without fragrance or oil
- can be used on all skin types
- smooth texture absorbs quickly and evenly
- doesn’t contain an SPF for sun protection
- thick formula needs a little extra time to absorb when compared to some other skin creams
This skin cream from CeraVe is thick and moisturizing to keep your skin smooth and supple all day. It can be used on the face or body. The cream is fragrance-free and is appropriate for all skin types.
2. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing body lotion is gentle enough to use on sensitive skin. This product is made to nourish dry skin but it can also be used on other skin types.
This body lotion from Aveeno contains rich ingredients to help keep the skin soft throughout the day. With daily use, it can improve the look and feel of your skin for a more youthful glow.
- can moisturize skin for 24 hours
- contains soothing oat and rich emollients
- non-greasy formula absorbs evenly and quickly
- can improve the look of your skin in just 1 day
- not ideal for use on your face and neck
- doesn’t contain an SPF to protect your skin from sun damage
This all-over body lotion from Aveeno is designed to make your skin look and feel better with just one use. The lotion is moisturizing for up to 24 hours and contains quality ingredients with oats to soothe dry skin.
1. Dove Body Wash
The Dove body wash is gentle and moisturizing to keep your skin feeling soft and smooth. This body wash instantly softens your skin and provides lasting nourishment throughout the day.
This body wash from Dove works for all skin types. It has a convenient pump that makes it easy to dispense the liquid body wash while you’re in the bathtub or shower.
- formula is free of sulfates and parabens
- promotes smoother skin after just one use
- dermatologist recommended for all skin types
- helps renew your skin’s natural moisture
- mild formula is pH-balanced for better skin health
- made with a plant-based moisturizer
- not designed to be used on your face
- includes fragrance which may irritate super sensitive skin
This body wash from Dove is mild and made without parabens or sulfates. It contains natural moisturizing ingredients to keep your skin smooth and soft throughout the day. The pump dispenser makes it easy to use and mess-free.
Skincare products can be pricey which is why it’s important to do your research when choosing the best products for your skin. Consider the concerns you have as well as your skin type before purchasing skincare products. There are products specifically designed for oily or dry skin which is ideal if you have those concerns. There are also plenty of skincare creams, serums, and lotions that can help with fine lines and wrinkles. Other products deal with sunspots, dark circles, and other common skin issues.
The addition of an SPF of 15 or higher in skincare products worn during the day helps protect your skin and reduces the chance of getting wrinkles and lines on your face. When shopping for the best skincare products for your skin it’s helpful to read and compare online reviews. These reviews can provide useful information on the quality of the products based on the manufacturer’s claims and the price.
- 10. CeraVe Hydrating Face Wash
- 9. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream with Pump
- 8. Dove Beauty Bar
- 7. Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Facial Toner
- 6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel Face Moisturizer
- 5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Face Moisturizer
- 4. Dove Beauty Bar Bath Soap for Dry Skin
- 3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- 2. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
- 1. Dove Body Wash