For many homes, a dehumidifier is a necessity to help improve the air quality inside. These compact units can reduce the airborne contaminants inside the home and can prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
When choosing the right dehumidifier for your space, it’s important to understand how these units work. Some are designed to be used in small spaces while others are capable of working in larger rooms.
The best dehumidifier for your home will depend on where you want to use the unit as well as the square footage in which you want to remove humidity. Many people use these machines constantly in basements, garages, or other spaces where dampness is common.
Most run quietly so as not to disturb you while you’re sleeping or throughout the day. The following is a list of the 10 best dehumidifiers based on reviews by Consumer Guide.
[amazon box=”B00IJYH02U,B07DRC6MCG,B07B4WHXHD,B07DNDQZSF,B073V9MG3Y,B00AU7GOIK,B01DC5PPWM,B00UWP07NI,B07JNZFRC8,B06X9MFTZZ” /]
10. Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star 50-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
The Keystone Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier is a versatile machine that can work in larger spaces. This dehumidifier has several different settings that make it ideal for use in basements, garages, or other spaces where moisture is a concern.
This dehumidifier from Keystone is Energy Star certified which means you don’t have to worry about wasting energy or raising your electric bill excessively. This machine has a continuous drainage option with the use of a hose that can be purchased separately.
- includes removable filters that are easy to clean
- removes up to 50 pints of water per day
- can be used in a space up to 3000 square feet
- unit is easy to clean and maintain
- small size doesn’t take up much space
- has a full bucket alert with automatic shutoff
- fan sounds may be disruptive to those sensitive to noise
- doesn’t include the hose needed for continuous drainage
This dehumidifier from Keystone is certified to be energy efficient. It comes with removable filters that can be easily cleaned as needed. It’s designed to be used in a space of a size up to 3000 square feet and can remove around 50 pints of water per day.
9. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifier
The Inofia Dehumidifier is mid-size and can be used for spaces up to 1056 square feet. This unit has a compact and slim design that won’t be distracting in your space. It features a continuous drain option for those who desire it.
This dehumidifier from Inofia features intelligent controls that make the unit easy to use. It is ideal for use in living rooms, bedrooms, basements, bathrooms, motor homes, and nearly anywhere else that you have issues with humidity.
- has an intelligent time control system
- control panel is simple with one on/off button
- can remove 4 gallons of moisture per day
- automatically stops when tank is fully
- has an alarm to let you know when tank has been full for 24 hours
- includes a removable water reservoir
- not intended for use in spaces larger than 1056 square feet
- bucket size is 0.5 gallons which is smaller than many others
This compact and slim-designed dehumidifier can be used in nearly any space with a square footage less than 1056. This unit is simple to use with an intelligent control panel. It automatically shuts off when the tank is full and also features automatic defrost.
8. TOSOT 30 Pint Dehumidifier
The TOSOT 30 Pint Dehumidifer is designed for use in small to medium size spaces. This unit has a quiet motor so as not to create disruptive noise in your home or business. It can be used in bedrooms, bathrooms, basements, and other damp spaces.
This dehumidifier from TOSOT features smooth rolling wheels on the bottom. This allows you to easily move the unit around or put it away for storage when not in use. It has simple controls that allows you to adjust the timer and other settings easily.
- digital display shows the humidity
- can be used in spaces up to 1500 square feet
- includes a continuous drain hose outlet
- -lightweight and portable
- drain bucket is easy to remove
- operates quietly
- you need to purchase extra parts to use the continuous drainage feature
- unit is small and tank doesn’t have a large capacity like some others
This compact dehumidifier from TOSOT is ideal for use in a small basement, garage, bathroom, or other space under 1500 square feet. This unit has wheels for easy portability. You can remove the drain bucket easily or connect a hose to the continuous drainage port if desired.
7. Honeywell TP30WK 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
The Honeywell TP30WK 30 Pint dehumidifier is Energy Star certified. This certification means you don’t have to worry about wasting energy when you use your humidifier. It also means less spent on powering the unit when compared to many others.
This humidifier from Honeywell is designed for use in small to medium spaces. The unit features an anti-spill design to reduce the mess that can often be associated with the use and emptying of dehumidifiers inside your home or business location.
- can be used in spaces up to 1000 square feet
- includes a washable air filter
- detachable water tank is easy to empty without spills
- features wheels on the bottom for easy transport
- can be emptied manually or used with continuous drain outlet
- comes with a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- doesn’t feature a builtin drain pump like some larger units
- noise may be distracting in a bedroom or office space
This compact dehumidifier from Honeywell is ideal for use in a space under 1000 square feet. It can remove moisture from a basement, garage, bathroom, laundry room or other space while using less energy than similarly sized dehumidifiers.
6. hOmeLabs 30 Pint 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
The hOmeLabs 30 pint dehumidifier is Energy Star certified to give you peace of mind that you’re not wasting energy or money on your electric bill. This small unit is designed to be powerful enough for use in medium to large size rooms.
This dehumidifier from hOmeLabs efficiently removes moisture from the air. This helps reduce the growth of mold and mildew, and can also decrease airborne allergens inside your home. This unit can be used in a basement or any space where excessive moisture is a concern.
- removes up to 30 pints of moisture per day
- can be used in a space up to 1500 square feet
- runs on a continuous 24 hour cycle or until the tank is full
- easy to use with simple controls
- can be used with a drain hose for continuous draining
- has an automatic shutoff feature for when the tank is full
- automatic defrost may not work well in extremely humid conditions
- doesn’t include the hose needed for use with continuous draining
This dehumidifier from hOmeLabs is ideal for use in medium to large size rooms. The unit is designed to automatically shutoff when the tank is full. You can manually empty the tank or you have the option to purchase a hose to use with the continuous drainage option.
5. Frigidaire FAD301NWD Energy Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier
The Frigidaire Energy Star 30-Pint dehumidifier is a budget friendly option that can work well in many different spaces. This unit is designed for use in small to medium size rooms and can be used in bedrooms, basements, garages, and other spaces with excess moisture.
This dehumidifier from Frigidaire can be used to protect your home from mold and mildew growth to improve the air quality inside your space. It’s ideal for use year-round or seasonally depending on when you have issues with moisture.
- full tank alert system lets you know when tank needs to be emptied
- includes an antibacterial mesh filter to remove harmful pathogens from the air
- manual level humidity range from 35% to 85%
- tank is easy to remove and empty
- includes a top handle, side handle, and wheels for easy portability
- can be used with continuous operation if located near a drain
- may operated loudly when tank is empty
- not ideal for use in large spaces
This dehumidifier from Frigidaire is versatile and easy to use. It has an automatic off feature if the tank gets full and also lets you know when to empty the tank. This unit has wheels and handles which makes it easy to transport it or put it away for storage.
4. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
The Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier was created to remove the excess moisture from small spaces. This unit is compact and doesn’t require a large space for usage or for storage. It’s also lightweight and easy to transport when the tank is empty.
This mini dehumidifier from Pro Breeze works well in small spaces like a bedroom, bathroom, or RV. It has an automatic shutoff feature that prevents spilling and water damage from an overflowing tank. The tank is easy to remove and empty as needed.
- can remove up to 9 ounces of water per day
- works in spaces up to 150 square feet
- LED light lets you know when tank needs to be emptied
- compact and light
- operates without a compressor which makes it quieter
- has simple controls
- not ideal for use in basements or other open spaces
- does not have the option for continuous drainage
This compact dehumidifier can be used in small spaces, up to 150 square feet, to remove excess moisture from the air for better air quality. This unit is easy to use and has a small water tank that lets you know when it needs to be emptied.
3. Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
The Frigidaire dehumidifier is equipped with effortless humidity control. This unit works on a standard electrical outlet and doesn’t require any special equipment for use. It has caster wheels on the bottom so you can easily move it around.
This dehumidifier from Frigidaire is small and lightweight which makes it great for use in a small to medium size room. It’s designed to remove up to 30 pints of moisture from the air per day and can be used in a basement, bathroom, or other space.
- has a container capacity of 7.6 pints
- digital humidity readout lets you know the current level
- Energy Star certified
- easy to use with a simple control panel
- caster wheels allow you to move it around
- features a 24 hour on/off timer
- unit cycles on and off frequently in certain conditions which may cause noise disturbance
- not ideal for use in large open spaces
This dehumidifier from Frigidaire is small and weighs only 34 pounds. It has wheels on the bottom so you can store it away easily when you don’t need it. This dehumidifier would work well in a smaller basement, a garage, or any room where humidity is too high.
2. Vremi 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
The Vremi 30 Pint Dehumidifier is Energy Star certified. This certification lets you know that the unit will work efficiently to remove excess moisture from the air in your home. This helps prevent mold and mildew and also improves the air condition inside your space.
This dehumidifier from Vremi has been designed to work well in medium to large size rooms. It can remove up to 30 pints, or 4 gallons, of moisture in the air per day. It has a slim design when compared to many other similar sized machines so it doesn’t require a large space for use.
- runs continuously on a 24 hour cycle until the drain is full
- can be used with optional continuous drainage
- includes a turbo mode
- easy to use with simple controls
- has a slim design with builtin wheels for portability
- removes up to 4 gallons of moisture per day
- designed for spaces smaller than 1000 square feet
- louder than many other comparable dehumidifiers
This dehumidifier from Vremi has a modern design with casters underneath so you can move it around. The unit has a removable tank that’s easy to empty as needed. You also have the option for continuous drainage if you attach a hose and appropriate drain to the machine.
1. hOmeLabs 50 Pint 2,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
The hOmeLabs 50 Pints dehumidifier is perfect for large basements and other big spaces. This unit is designed to work well in open spaces where you need a powerful machine that can remove a high rate of moisture from the air per day.
This dehumidifier from hOmeLabs efficiently removes moisture from the air in your home or business to help prevent the growth of potentially harmful bacteria, mold, and mildew. It can be used seasonally as needed or for year-round use if you live in a particularly humid area.
- can remove up to 50 pints of water per day
- works in a space up to 2000 square feet in size
- Energy Star certified
- has a drain hose outlet for optional continuous drainage
- turbo mode increases fan speed for quick removal of moisture
- unit runs for a 24 hour cycle
- larger and heavier than some other dehumidifiers
- auto defrost may not work as efficiently as expected
This dehumidifier from hOmeLabs has a larger capacity than many other units to hold more water so you don’t have to empty the tank as frequently. You also have the option to connect a hose to the unit for continuous drainage.
A dehumidifier can be a beneficial investment for anyone who suffers from allergies or sensitivities to mold, mildew, or other airborne particles. Running a dehumidifier in your home helps reduce these particles in the air to promote better air quality. A dehumidifier is easy to use and most have very quiet motors so you can’t even hear them when they’re running. They’re great for use in areas with lots of moisture like basements.
They can also be useful for anyone who lives in an area with a high rate of humidity during the summer, or year-round. Dehumidifiers come in several sizes and styles so you can choose the one that best meets your needs. You can also read online reviews to help you find the option that’s within your budget and also designed to work well and to last.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.