When the weather starts to turn cooler, you may be looking for ways to stay warm at nigh without having to turn up your heat. One of the best ways to keep warm while sleeping is to use an electric blanket. There are many options when it comes to electric blankets. They come in several styles and sizes. They’re also available in many colors so you can choose one that matches your other bedding.
Electric blankets are great for any climate but are especially useful for people who live in an area where winters get extremely cold. Using an electric blanket can help you save on your electric bill as it allows you to keep the temperature in your house lower at night. Electric blankets are beneficial for anyone who gets cold while they’re sleeping and can be great for those who are cold natured. The following is a list of the 10 best electric blankets based on reviews by consumer guides.
[amazon box=”B0088AHJ80,B002MUB9II,B07RL1HFRT,B005J9CD2K,B008BF2CGG,B07GGWZ663,B07ZVN27FX,B008BF28MY,B07ZGFV6PW,B086D3Y9KM” /]
10. Sunbeam Heated Throw Blanket
The Sunbeam heated throw blanket is the perfect size to use for lounging around your house while reading or watching TV. This cozy blanket is soft and it comes in several colors.
This heated throw blanket from Sunbeam has 3 heat settings so you can adjust it based on your preferences. It would make a great gift for anyone who finds themselves cold all the time.
- comes in garnet, honey, olive, and sable colors
- reversible design with sherpa on one side and royal mink on the other side
- has ThermoFine technology to automatically adjust the heat
- weighs less than 4 pounds
- controller makes it easy to adjust between the 3 heat settings
- machine washable and dryer safe
- not ideal for use on a bed due to its smaller size
- the control is not located in the most convenient spot for easy use
This electric throw blanket from Sunbeam is dual-sided and has 3 heat settings. The blanket is super soft and is machine washable. It comes in 4 different colors.
9. SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Luxury Fleece Electric Heated Blanket
The SoftHeat by Perfect Fit luxury fleece electric heated blanket is made of high-quality materials and is very soft to the touch. This electric blanket comes in several sizes to fit your bed perfectly.
This electric blanket from SoftHeat is relatively lightweight but still extremely cozy. It comes in several colors so you can choose the best option to match your other bedding.
- available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes
- made of 100% polyester
- has micro-thin wires for even heat distribution
- comes in beige, gray, natural, and slate blue
- ultra-soft micro-fleece is warm and cozy
- non-hazardous low-voltage technology prevents overheating
- may not get as hot as some other types of electric blankets
- control box may feel warm to the touch during use
This electric blanket from SoftHeat has a low-voltage design to keep you warm without noticeably increasing your electric use. The blanket is soft and cozy for everyday use. It comes in several colors and sizes.
8. MaxKare Electric Heated Throw Blanket
The MaxKare electric heated throw blanket is made of soft polar fleece to keep you warm. This blanket is the ideal size for use while lounging, reading, watching TV, or doing other activities.
This throw blanket from MaxKare is budget-friendly and extremely warm. It has an automatic off feature for maximum safety so you don’t have to worry about overheating.
- automatically shuts off after 3 hours of use
- has a fluffy texture for added warmth
- hydrophobic material dries quickly after washing
- doesn’t shed
- has 4 heat settings
- simple control panel makes it easy to adjust the heat level
- not large enough for whole bed use
- only comes in 1 color
This electric heated throw blanket is affordable and easy to use. The blanket has a small control panel and 4 heat settings. It’s machine washable and designed to dry quickly.
7. Biddeford Blankets Comfort Knit Heated Blanket
The Biddeford Blankets comfort knit heated blanket is available in several sizes and colors to match your bedding and fit your bed perfectly. The cozy texture is soft and comfortable.
This heated blanket from Biddeford Blankets is designed to keep you warm throughout the night so you don’t wake up chilled. It can help you sleep even with your thermostat turned down low to save power.
- comes in twin, full, queen, or king
- made of 100% polyester
- comes with a 5-year warranty
- provides therapeutic warmth
- machine washable for convenience
- has 10 heat settings
- control is analog and not digital like some other electric blankets
- the automatic shutoff feature is for 10 hours which may cause some to overheat at night
This electric heated blanket from Biddeford Blankets is made from a soft material to keep you warm. The twin and full sized blankets include a single controller while the queen and king sized blankets have 2 controllers.
6. Sunbeam Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam heated blanket is an affordable option for those looking for a way to stay warm throughout the night while keeping your thermostat low. This blanket is made from soft microplush.
This heated blanket from Sunbeam is available in the following colors: garnet, heritage blue, lagoon, maritime blue, walnut, mushroom, and slate.
- has 10 heat settings
- ComfortTec controller makes it easy to adjust the different heat levels
- senses and adjusts to provide even heat throughout the blanket
- has a pre-heat feature to warm your sheets before you get into bed
- queen size has a controller on each side
- made of 100% polyester microplush
- blanket is thinner than some others which means you may feel the wires inside
- it may pill after several washings
This heated electric blanket from Sunbeam comes in many colors. The blanket is budget-friendly and ideal for anyone who lights to climb into a warm and toasty bed.
5. MaxKare Electric Blanket Heated Throw
The MaxKare electric blanket heated throw is small in size so you can use it while reading in your favorite chair or watching TV on the sofa. It’s made of a luxurious feeling material to keep you warm and cozy.
This electric heated throw comes in brown or dark blue. It has an oversized design for added comfort and warmth. The blanket heats up quickly and can be used throughout the fall and winter months as the temperatures start to drop.
- has 3 different heat levels
- automatically shuts off after 8 hours of use for safety
- measures 72″ by 84″
- machine washable for easy cleaning
- has an ETL-certificiation for safety and peace of mind
- includes an LCD display so you can easily view the heat settings
- doesn’t come in sizes suited for whole bed use
- the heating elements inside the blanket don’t go all the way to the edge like some other heated blankets
This electric heated blanket from MaxKare is easy to use with the included digital controller. The blanket is super soft and has 3 different heat settings. It turns off automatically after 8 hours to prevent overheating.
4. MP2 Heated Electric Blanket
The MP2 electric heated blanket has 20 heat levels which makes a great option for anyone as there are so many heating options to choose from. This blanket has a cozy texture and is extremely soft to the touch.
This heated blanket from MP2 is available in several sizes so you can use it on your bed or while you’re lounging in your favorite chair. This blanket would also be great for chilly evenings when you’re reading or watching TV.
- comes in queen, king, throw, and foot throw size options
- available in many colors
- includes a convenient pre-heat feature
- comes with a 10-hour automatic shutoff feature for safety
- has many more heat settings than most other electric blankets
- queen and king sizes have dual controllers
- pricier than some other electric blankets that are similar in style
- not available in as many sizes as some other options
This electric blanket from MP2 is made from premium materials to keep you warm and cozy throughout the day and night. The blanket has 20 heat settings and comes in several sizes and many different colors.
3. Sunbeam Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam heated blanket is made from a soft and cozy microplush material. It come in several sizes and various colors so you can choose the best option to match your other bedding.
This heated blanket from Sunbeam is made of a high-quality material that’s very soft to the touch. It’s designed to provide even heat distribution throughout the entire blanket to keep you warm.
- senses and adjusts to provide a consistent level of heat
- includes a 10-hour automatic off feature for safety
- has a ComfortTec controller so you can adjust the heat settings as needed
- includes 10 different heat levels
- made of 100% polyester microplush which is soft and durable
- queen and king sized blankets have dual controllers
- fabric is thinner than some other blankets which means you may feel the wires between the layers
- material may pill after several washes
This electric blanket from Sunbeam comes in 4 sizes to fit nearly any bed. The blanket is made from a microplush material that’s soft and extremely warm.
2. Tefici Electric Heated Blanket Throw
The Tefici electric heated blanket throw has a cozy design and is made from a soft material. This blanket is perfect to use when you’re reading, watching TV, or just lounging around.
This heated throw blanket from Tefici comes in several colors so you can choose the one that best matches your home decor. It’s relatively affordable and a great way to keep you warm while keeping your power usage down by lowering your thermostat.
- measures 62″ by 84″
- comes in blue, beige, brown, and dark brown
- has 3 heat settings for customized comfort
- has an 8-hour automatic shutoff for safety
- heats up quickly
- machine washable for easy cleaning
- doesn’t have as many heat settings as some other electric blankets
- only available in one size which makes it not ideal for whole bed use
This heated electric blanket from Tefici comes in several colors. It’s throw sized which means you can easily use it on your sofa or in your favorite chair. The blanket is soft and comfortable with 3 heat settings.
1. Serta | Super Soft Reversible Microplush/Sherpa Heated Electric Throw Blanket
The Serta super soft reversible microplush/sherpa electric throw blanket is versatile so you can use it for sleeping, lounging, and watching TV. This blanket comes in many different colors.
This throw-sized blanket from Serta is cozy and comfortable. It’s made of a high-quality material and has a dual-sided design for maximum comfort.
- made of 100% polyester with a brushed microplush texture
- reverses to a sherpa textured side
- includes 5 different heat settings
- has a 4-hour automatic shutoff feature
- controller has an 8.5′ power cord
- machine washable and dryer-safe
- only comes in one size
- may not get as hot as quickly as some other electric blankets
This electric throw blanket from Serta is available in a wide range of colors. The blanket has a simple control that makes it easy for you to choose from the 5 heat settings.
When you’re shopping for an electric blanket you should be aware of the safety precautions that are recommended during use. Many electric blankets have an automatic shutoff where the blanket turns off after a certain amount of time to prevent overheating. Some may also have a timer feature so you can choose how long you want your blanket to stay heated. Most electric blankets allow you to easily remove the electric plug for washing as needed.
Electric blankets come in all sizes to fit your bed. There are also electric throw blankets that can be used for lounging on your sofa or recliner. These blankets come in many styles and fabric types. When choosing the best electric blanket it’s helpful to read the online reviews. These reviews can provide you with information on the quality of the blanket so you can compare them based on price and features to get the most for your money.