Cooking food at home can mean you’re able to cook healthier foods and you can save money over eating at restaurants or ordering takeout. One of the healthiest, and most convenient, ways to cook at home is to use a gas grill.
Gas grills are easy to use and can be ideal for cooking meats, vegetables, and even fruits. Some also have added features that allow you to cook the entire meal on the grill.
A gas grill uses a propane tank for power. These tanks are available at most convenience stores, big box stores, and grocery stores. Once your tank is empty you can return it to switch it out for a new one.
Installing the propane tank is quite easy and most tanks have instructions on the side for those who are new to gas grilling. There are tons of recipes online to help you get started with your new grill. The following is a list of the 10 best gas grills based on reviews by consumer report.
[amazon box=”B07H5Z54JF,B0098HR1FI,B00RFXS15Q,B00ENJRK3E,B077JTCMKQ,B072BPK1D9,B077K1MK8N,B01HM7BUY8,B00JKCG6PW,B00DYN0438″ /]
10. Weber 62016001 Genesis II E-435 LP Grill
The Weber Genesis II E-435 LP Grill is fueled by liquid propane, which can be found at many locations. This grill comes in black with silver and chrome accents. It features a large handle on the lid that allows you to safely open the grill while cooking.
This stylish grill from Weber has a large cooking surface which makes it ideal for those with a large space and a crowd to feed. The grill features a 10 year warranty from the manufacturer and includes a 100% guarantee from Weber.
- sear station makes it easy to sear meats to lock in flavor
- includes a side burner that allows you to heat up sides or sauces
- equipped with the brand’s powerful Gs4 grilling system
- features a warming rack inside the grill
- burners are controlled separately so you can cook as much as needed at once without wasting fuel
- cabinet under grill provides you with storage for tools
- unit is large and pricey
- assembly may be challenging for some
This large capacity grill from Weber is made with quality materials including cast-iron cooking grates with porcelain enamel for even cooking. The grill features several different burners along with a sear station and side burner to help you cook your complete meal on the grill.
9. Weber 46510001 Spirit E310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Weber Spirit E310 gas grill uses liquid propane which is readily available. This compact grill would work well in a small space. The grill is made of durable materials including porcelain enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
This grill from Weber has easy to use controls which would make it work well for those who are new to gas grilling. The grill sits on casters so you can easily move it around or put it away for storage in the off season when you don’t need it.
- porcelain enameled lid and cookbox won’t rust over time
- dial on the lid lets you know the exact temperature inside the grill
- has 6 tool hooks to keep your grilling utensils close at hand
- includes an easy to clean grease management system
- dials allow you to adjust the temperature easily
- push-button igniter lights the burners with little effort
- side tables don’t fold down like some other compact grills
- it can be difficult to get the full propane tank into place
This compact gas grill from Weber works well for those who need an average size grill that can still cook a decent amount of food. The grill has a thermometer on the lid to show the temperature. The three burners each have a separate knob for heat control.
8. Weber 51210001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber 51210001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill has 1 stainless steel burner which works well for small to average size meals. This grill is compact enough to be used for camping or tailgating. It’s also great for those with a limited space.
This small grill from Weber comes in many different colors including the featured fuchsia color. The grill is made of durable materials including long-lasting heating elements and grates to prevent rusting and other damage from excessive heat.
- comes fully assembled out of box
- produces 8500 BTU per hour
- has 189 square inches of cooking space
- has an electric ignition for easy startup
- can be powered by disposable 14.1 ounce or 16.4 ounce propane cylinders
- features porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- not ideal for large gatherings
- doesn’t include a stand
This compact and colorful propane grill is small enough for tailgating or camping. It’s also great for small homes where outdoor space is limited. This grill is made of durable materials and has one burner that’s easy to control.
7. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel TableTop Propane Gas Grill
The Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel TableTop gas grill works with propane. This compact grill provides 205 square inches of cooking space of stainless steel grates to allow you to cook several different foods at once.
This tabletop grill from Smoke Hollow features a warming shelf to keep buns or other foods warm while you cook. This grill works well for camping or tailgating. It would also be ideal for keeping in a recreational vehicle or vacation home where space is limited.
- has a u-burner that can provide 10,000 BTU of cooking power
- stainless steel drip tray helps prevent mess
- temperature gauge lets you know the exact temperature
- propane tanks are easy to attach and detach
- legs on grill allow you to place it onto most surfaces
- has locks and a front handle for travel
- grease pan may not contain the mess
- doesn’t heat up as quickly or evenly as some larger grills
This compact gas grill from Smoke Hollow works well for camping or for use in outdoor spaces where a full size grill won’t fit. It features an electric igniter that makes it easy to light the unit. The grill also has a temperature gauge to let you know the inside temperature.
6. Weber 45010001 Black Spirit II E-310 LP Gas Grill
The Weber Black Spirit II E-310 LP Gas Grill features the brand’s advanced Gs4 grilling system. This technology allows the grill to heat up quickly and evenly to cook burgers, sausages, vegetables, and other foods perfectly each time.
This grill from Weber is available in the following 4 color options: black, ivory, red, and sapphire. This allows you to to choose the best color to match your outdoor decor. The grill is made of durable materials and designed to last through many seasons of use.
- includes porcelain enameled flavor enhancing bars
- grease management system decreases cleanup
- has two large wheels so you can move it around easily
- has an open cart design with hooks for storage
- cast iron cooking grates have porcelain enamel to prevent sticking
- features improved ignition burners
- assembly may take some time for those who aren’t familiar with grills
- rolling the grill is difficult since it doesn’t have a side handle
This grill from Weber comes in 4 color options. It features 6 storage hooks for hanging tools and has large wheels on one side for convenience. The grill has a warming shelf on the inside and also features a large cooking area so you can cook lots of food at once.
5. Blackstone 36 inch Stainless Steel Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station
The Blackstone 36″ Stainless Steel Outdoor gas griddle station has a unique flat top design that works well for cooking many different types of food. This unit also includes a cover so you can keep the grill safe from inclement weather.
This flat top grill from Blackstone works well for cooking burgers, steaks, hot dogs, and nearly anything else you can think of. The design of the grill makes it easy to use and allows you to get a good sear on your food to keep the flavor in.
- provides square inches of cooking space
- has shelves for storage and food prep
- allows you to cook eggs, meats, pancakes, and other foods
- can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- works well for cooking large amounts of food at once
- electronic ignition lights quickly
- requires a lot of space for use
- doesn’t provide grill marks on your food like a traditional outdoor grill
This flat top grill allows you to cook restaurant-style foods outdoors. The grill is large and offers plenty of cooking space if you’re trying to feed a crowd. It has storage shelves underneath along with a shelf on each side for food prep.
4. Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 Black LP Outdoor Gas Grill
The Weber Spirit II E-210 LP Outdoor Gas Grill is smaller than many other grills from Weber which makes it a good option for those on a budget seeking a versatile grill that doesn’t take up a lot of space. It comes in black, red, ivory, or sapphire.
This grill from Weber features the Gs4 grilling system with improved burners to help your food cook evenly. The grill also includes an enhanced grease management system that helps prevent grease from leaking and reduces the amount of cleanup required.
- features 2 large wheels on one side
- has 450 square inches of cooking surface
- includes a 10 year warranty from the manufacturer
- features 6 tool hooks for storage
- easy to move around with included wheels
- cooking grates are made of durable cast iron with porcelain enamel
- assembly may take some time if you’ve never assembled a grill before
- the fold down sides may not feel as sturdy as stationary sides
This grill from Weber is compact but still provides plenty of cooking surface. The grill has a workspace on each side that can fold down when not in use. The electric igniter is easy to use and helps you get your grill heated up and ready to use quickly.
3. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner gas grill is designed to run on liquid propane. This grill is an affordable option that doesn’t require a lot of space. It would work well on a small balcony or deck where cooking space is limited.
This compact grill from Char-Broil features a side burner to give you the option to heat up sauces or sides. The other side of the grill features a workspace for food prep. This unit is lightweight and easy to move around for storage when not in use.
- has 2 wheels on the bottom
- 2 in-line burners with separate control knobs
- electric igniter makes it easy to light the grill
- lightweight and compact
- simple design makes it easy to use
- side burner lets you cook your entire meal on the grill
- doesn’t have as much cooking space as many other grills
- lid doesn’t include a temperature gauge
This compact grill from Char-Broil would work well for those on a budget who are seeking a small and lightweight grill option. It has 2 burners along with a side burner to cook several different foods at one. The grill also has wheels so you can move it around.
2. Cuisinart CGG-200B All Foods Tabletop Gas Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-200B All Foods Tabletop Gas Grill has a compact design that makes it completely portable. This grill works well for camping, travel or tailgating. It would also be a good option for those with limited space.
This tabletop grill from Cuisinart is easy to use and features 1 stainless steel burner that’s designed to heat up evenly and quickly. The grill has a twist ignition that allows you to manually light the grill, which means you don’t have to worry about a malfunctioning electric ignition.
- has folding side shelves for meal prep
- provides 12,000 BTU of cooking power
- porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grate is durable
- small size makes it easy to store or take with you
- includes a temperature gauge for precise cooking
- features a removable drip tray
- small size means not as much cooking surface
- unit is inconvenient to use without a stand or table
This compact grill from Cuisinart makes the perfect option for travel or camping. This unit features a decent size cooking surface when compared to other compact grills. It has a twist style ignition for easy lighting of the grill.
1. Blackstone 1554 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle Station
The Blackstone 1554 36″ outdoor gas griddle station can be used to make breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Unlike traditional gas grills with grates, this unit has a flattop design which allows you to make pancakes, burgers, and everything in between.
This flattop grill from Blackstone has 4 burners with 4 separate controls so you can adjust the heat of each one accordingly based on the foods and the amount you’re cooking. This griddle works well for large crowds since it has a bigger cooking surface than many others.
- grill sits on 4 casters which makes it easy to move around
- griddle top can be removed for cleaning
- includes a rear or front grease drain
- easy to clean
- 2 of the caster wheels are lockable
- 4 dials allow for precise temperature controls
- doesn’t put the traditional grill marks on your food
- large unit requires a lot of space for use
This griddle-style outdoor gas grill works well for those who entertain frequently and need to cook lots of food at once. This versatile grill allows you to cook foods that can’t be prepared on a traditional grill. The unit is easy to move around and is also easy to clean.
A gas grill is easy to use and can be ideal for making many different types of foods. Plus, they work well if you frequently have parties or special events at your home since they allow you to make large quantities of food at once.
Gas grills come in different sizes so you can choose one that fits your space and needs. Some are small enough to be used on an apartment balcony or small deck while others will require a larger space for safe use.
It’s important to be aware of the dimensions of the grill you choose, as well as its cooking space, to help you choose one that will work best. You can also read online consumer reviews which can provide you with objective information on the different grill options.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.